Keto diet (Aka: The Keto Diaries)

Keto diet (Aka: The Keto Diaries)

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Actually, I'm doing The Underground Body Opus. No carbs at all (ok, well maybe 3-5 grams a day) from Monday through Friday, working out moderately and then I can eat whatever I want from Friday night until Sunday night until it starts again. I am tired of this pandemic weight and I feel like a bloated/fat fuck. Tomorrow will be 72 hours in and I 'should' be in a state of ketosis. I did this diet 23 years ago and I lost a shitload of weight in very little time. Tomorrow (Day 3) I will prolly be crankier than ever, so be prepared. This is my PMS.

Treadmill at 9AM. See me there. You're joining me, right Lewdd? Great!
Last edited by xxxMidgexxx on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Keto diet

Postby lewdd » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:52 pm

Nope. I just had a bacon smashed hatch chili burger at Buffalo Wild Wings with a huge plate of fries and some chocolate chip cookies when I got home.

Friday, I am going to eat some pretzels and drink beer all day watching NCAA basketball.

Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to eat 30 wings while watching NCAA basketball.
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Its a keto diet. You can eat all the bacon, beef, chicken and fish that you want. Just no bread, sugar, potatoes, fruit, rice or anything that will make you feel full and satisfied. This is a winning diet for you.

So, let's do this!
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:10 pm

show us before and after pics of you so we can determine if this is worthwhile or not....best of luck to you.
lewdd

Postby scannest » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:39 am

23 years ago this was called the Atkins Diet. I did it. It worked, but I felt miserable after a while and when it ended I went right back to eating the way I did before. It also brought on my first gout attack, which is something I've been dealing with on and off ever since. This also happened to a friend recently who was doing this same exact diet. Be careful - gout hurts like hell.
My two cents - any diet that tells you to never, ever eat a certain food is bound to fail. I lost 70 pounds in 2019 by simply eating a lot more food that was low in calorie (a lot more vegetables and fish) and eating a lot less highly caloric foods. But I didn't eliminate anything from my diet. My only exercise was walking - 4 to 5 miles a day (broken up, not all at once).
I'm just relaying what worked for me. Good luck!
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:15 am

scannest wrote:23 years ago this was called the Atkins Diet.

I am familiar with Atkins and I know a lot of people lose weight with it, but I'm going for something more radical, albeit more difficult.

This is the one I did 23 years ago. Dan Duchaine was arrested for steroid trafficking and also died too young possibly from abusing them, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not taking any drugs nor do I have any desire to look like the picture. But I am not waiting forever to get rid of this bloating and pandemic weight. Summer is coming as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Underground-Bodyopus-Militant-Weight-Recomposition/dp/0965310701

xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Keto Extremo. Day 3.
Over an hour at the gym today. No carbs for over 72 hours now. Got on the bike machine and peddled my fat ass off for 45 minutes. High intensity burns what little carbs I had stored and hopefully I will be close to a state of ketosis. Then lifted weights for 20 minutes and started to feel weak as expected. Tomorrow probably going to start on the treadmill.

No sign of Lewdd anywhere. Figures.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm

I just ate a big fat meal and I am now on my ass watching the Dropkick Murphys live stream on my big tv with flyers game on the right and sixers game on the left. May even have an irish stout pretty soon.
lewdd

Postby Markonomicon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:29 pm

My wife did it a couple years ago and lost 100 pounds.

She was under 20g of carbs a day.

With keto, you can do moderate protein, not unlimited.

Also, stay away from maltodextrin.

If you drink coffee or bake, coconut/almond flour and monkfruit will be your new best friends.

Lakanto brand makes an awesome monkfruit sweetener. It's granulated and has the same consistency AND taste as sugar and no aftertase like most stevia sweeteners have.

It's a bit of sacrifice, but once you get your head in it, should be easy.

She swapped her diet up after a little over a year from keto to just eating healthy overall.

Not sure if it was coincidence, but her cholesterol level rose after doing keto.

Good luck!
Markonomicon

Postby lewdd » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm

welcome back, you still in New Orleans area
lewdd

Postby Markonomicon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:24 pm

Yessir...still here in Lafayette.

Hope you're doing well!
Markonomicon

Postby JGJR » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:08 am

Markonomicon wrote:Yessir...still here in Lafayette.

Hope you're doing well!

Oh hey man! I had no idea, anyone, on here was from Louisiana. I lived in Baton Rouge a few times as a kid for a total of 6 1/2 years (age 7 and then age 10 to 16), but haven't lived there since 1991 or visited since 1993. Lafayette was where my mom worked for years and also where I saw my first concert ever (Bon Jovi and Blue Murder at the arena there summer 1989 when I was 14). My folks took me. I mostly remember how much my ears hurt the next day since it was very loud and I just wasn't used to it yet.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Markonomicon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:49 pm

JGJR wrote:

Hope you're doing well!

Oh hey man! I had no idea, anyone, on here was from Louisiana. I lived in Baton Rouge a few times as a kid for a total of 6 1/2 years (age 7 and then age 10 to 16), but haven't lived there since 1991 or visited since 1993. Lafayette was where my mom worked for years and also where I saw my first concert ever (Bon Jovi and Blue Murder at the arena there summer 1989 when I was 14). My folks took me. I mostly remember how much my ears hurt the next day since it was very loud and I just wasn't used to it yet.

Haha. Awesome!

Yeah, not many "swamp people" poking around on the punk rock interwebs. Always was the case. :lol:

Baton Rouge has no balance these days. It's either rich or poor. The middle class is almost non-existant.

We reign supreme in the food department, which put Lafayette at the #9 most obese city in the US (in a recent study).

I recently bought a second hand treadmill because I hit 40 a few months back and my dad died in 2000 at 44.

Don't want to end up with the same fate.
Markonomicon

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:26 pm

Keto Extremo. Day 4.
I am feeling like the bloating is starting to go away. I have been eating my face off all day, just no carbs. Hungry all the time though.

Tomorrow I weigh in and work out. I have not been as cranky as I thought I be. I am fine as long as no one annoys me.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:57 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I have not been as cranky as I thought I be. I am fine as long as no one annoys me.

I guess you didn't ask anyone on here
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:03 pm

lewdd wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:I have not been as cranky as I thought I be. I am fine as long as no one annoys me.

I guess you didn't ask anyone on here

You’re beginning to annoy me.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:21 pm

there you go getting all cranky. eat a donut.
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 pm

lewdd wrote:there you go getting all cranky. eat a donut.

No, I won't "eat a donut". I have will power and stamina and I'll be fit and trim this summer while you're out of breath bending over to tie your shoes. So there.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Markonomicon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:52 pm

Quest protein bars are pretty filling.

They're keto friendly.

Sweetened with erythritol.
Markonomicon

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Keto Extremo. Day 5.
Officially 5 days with less than 20gms of carbs. Lifted weights and bicycled for 2 miles while listening to a Metallica mix. I think I finally found a song I like from the 'Load' album; "Until It Sleeps". But I'm not listening to that whole album again and pushing my luck. Now I can eat whatever the hell I want for 48 hours. Still, I'm going light on the carbs.

Went to the pharmacy to get those 'keto urine test strips'. They wanted $30 for 100 strips. I said 'fuck no'. I only need like 10 - 20 which they didn't have. How convenient for them.

I did some research on the topic of "net carbs" which is a complete scam designed to sell product.

I feel good this week.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Markonomicon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:21 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Keto Extremo. Day 5.
Officially 5 days with less than 20gms of carbs. Lifted weights and bicycled for 2 miles while listening to a Metallica mix. I think I finally found a song I like from the 'Load' album; "Until It Sleeps". But I'm not listening to that whole album again and pushing my luck. Now I can eat whatever the hell I want for 48 hours. Still, I'm going light on the carbs.

Went to the pharmacy to get those 'keto urine test strips'. They wanted $30 for 100 strips. I said 'fuck no'. I only need like 10 - 20 which they didn't have. How convenient for them.

I did some research on the topic of "net carbs" which is a complete scam designed to sell product.

I feel good this week.

Most people take carbs and subtract fiber and sugar alcohol (if applicable) to get your net carbs.

My wife stayed under 20g carbs a day and lost 100 pounds in a year with no exercise.

There IS keto bread (a bit pricey) and keto tortillas are super easy to make.
Markonomicon

Re: Keto diet (Aka: The Keto Diaries)

Postby Markonomicon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:25 pm

These ketone strips are $4.97 for 125 strips and free shipping with Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Ketone-Strips-Ke ... 29&sr=8-13
Markonomicon

Postby JGJR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:17 am

Markonomicon wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Hope you're doing well!

Haha. Awesome!

Yeah, not many "swamp people" poking around on the punk rock interwebs. Always was the case. :lol:

Baton Rouge has no balance these days. It's either rich or poor. The middle class is almost non-existant.

We reign supreme in the food department, which put Lafayette at the #9 most obese city in the US (in a recent study).

I recently bought a second hand treadmill because I hit 40 a few months back and my dad died in 2000 at 44.

Don't want to end up with the same fate.

I do have very fond memories of the food, though it's a little over a decade since I've been to Louisiana and I just went to New Orleans on that trip. Anyway, sorry to hear that about your dad.

As for Baton Rouge, when I was growing up there in the mid-'80s to early '90s, it had its very wealthy and sizable poor/working class pockets (the latter being mostly African-American and on the northern/western parts of town iirc), but also a lot of folks in the middle of that divide. My first 3 years back there in middle school were spent at a religious private school with kids who were descended from the Long political dynasty, etc. that type of Southern/good old boy old money thing. Needless to say, as an immigrant Jew from New York, I didn't fit in there at all. It's definitely a big part of the reason why punk resonated with me so much when I finally heard it tbh. Anyway, I spent 9th and 10th grade at a magnet (public) high school with no varsity sports and a great radio station and I loved it. I've just heard that it's a lot more developed, residential neighborhoods and open spaces where I used to bike as a kid (we lived near Jimmy Swaggart's headquarters kind of on the southern edge of town, funny enough) turned into big malls, etc. that sort of thing. I think that mirrors what has happened in many American cities over the last 30 years re: income inequality and development, etc.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby jaybird » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:05 am

I was born at Fort Polk.

That's all I got.
jaybird

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:53 pm

Keto Extremo. Day 8.
Lost 6 lbs in 8 days. A lot less bloated. Started up the Body opus yesterday at 7PM. No carbs now until Friday night. Gym tomorrow. Starting to get cranky today though.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:36 pm

have many lbs are you attempting to lose
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Many.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:14 am

Ehhh...hmmm...how's it going?
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:20 pm

I’ve lost 8 lbs. This past week was ‘off week’. Starts up again at 6pm tonight for the week.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse