Current HBO Max faves

Current HBO Max faves

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 am

Netflix...? PFFFFT that was soooo last week.

I'm on to HBO Max now.

1. Doctor Who: Season 1 through 12.
Working my way through the Eccleston, Tennant and Smith years now. David Tennant by far being my favorite ever since Tom Baker (who's years I can't seem to find online)
You can keep the Peter Capaldi years though. Too dry and with next to no humor which was what I loved about the character. Jodie Whittaker is a pass so far, but the writing is only so-so.

2. Tim and Eric's Awesome Show. Great Job!: Seasons 1 through 5
5 seasons of unsavory hilarity. Damn, I've missed this. Glad to see it being streamed again. I'm on it!

3. Tom Goes to the Mayor: Season 1 though 2
Quasi animated comedy from Tim and Eric. They rule.

4. Robot Chicken
Politically incorrect and not suitable for children. Glad to have Adult Swim back online again. This and Aquateen Hunger Force are perfect for ADHD simpletons like myself who can only sit still and focus on anything for around 12 minutes without getting distracted.

Tonight after work (or during):
5. Heaven's Gate: The Cult of Cults.
Docu-series. Looks sick and worth a few laughs about how stupid people can be.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Current HBO Max faves

Postby captain2man » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 am

I'm more than halfway through a re-watch of Oz.

I'm a sucker for docs like Heaven's Gate....which maybe makes me a part of some kind of cult, I don't know.
captain2man

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 am

captain2man wrote:I'm a sucker for docs like Heaven's Gate.

I often think that I would like to start a cult of my own someday. But then I look at the posts on the Dagboard and realize that I'm already part of one.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:38 am

I'm about halfway through Curb Your Enthusiasm (at the beginning of season 5 now) and absolutely loving it. I'd seen parts of the 1st few seasons back when they first aired, but just didn't keep up with it. It's extremely worth it, particularly if you liked Seinfeld.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:59 pm

JGJR wrote:I'm about halfway through Curb Your Enthusiasm (at the beginning of season 5 now) and absolutely loving it.

I watch it for Wanda Sykes. And I love when they start cursing their brains out for like 3 minutes straight before returning to some semblance of civility.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:40 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:I'm about halfway through Curb Your Enthusiasm (at the beginning of season 5 now) and absolutely loving it.

I watch it for Wanda Sykes. And I love when they start cursing their brains out for like 3 minutes straight before returning to some semblance of civility.

She's great in it, of course, and I also recommend her most recent stand-up special (Netflix?) if you haven't seen it, but yeah, I think some of my favorite exchanges are the torrents of verbal abuse that Larry and Susie Essman seem to dish out towards each other in most episodes. "You sick 4-eyed fuck! " :lol: :lol: :lol:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 am

JGJR wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:

She's great in it, of course, and I also recommend her most recent stand-up special (Netflix?) if you haven't seen it

Yup. Watched it a few weeks ago. Loved it!
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse