Qobuz

Qobuz

Postby lewdd » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Any use Qobuz for digital downloads? They have quite a selection of punk albums. Some songs I've been looking to find on other sources for 5+ years. As an FYI, there are a few Posh Boy releases for $2.99 for the entire album. Most pricing is about $9 an album.
lewdd

Re: Qobuz

Postby gregpolard » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Never heard of it. Definitely a good deal though as far as that stuff goes.

I just prefer using Spotify and then buying the vinyl (preferably directly from the band/label or indie store)

And lately, I am definitely feeling the Bandcamp vibe.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 am

I know that it is the preferred streaming service of a lot of audiophile types. Didn't realize it also had D/L options ala Apple Music.

I am happy with my switch to AmazonHD. The interface isn't the easiest, but they have most everything if you can navigate their search function. And the sound quality is very good, especially with newer releases. With my little external DAC hooked up it sounds pretty great through my phone.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby patient_ot » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:18 pm

I've used the DL store a few times to purchase stuff that's cheaper than an OOP CD.

I tried the streaming service maybe a year or two ago. Buggy as hell on both Windows and Android. I couldn't even get it to work.

I guess it works better if you stream through Roon but there is no way in hell I'm paying for that shit.
patient_ot

Postby lewdd » Mon May 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Just read that Apple is coming out with Hi Res streaming service. Guess what email showed up in my inbox today. Amazon sent one saying that I no longer had to pay for my HD subscription. It was going to be free as part of my Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription.
lewdd

Return to daghouse