Bad Brains Reissues 2021

Re: Bad Brains Reissues 2021

Postby JGJR » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 pm

patient_ot wrote:
JGJR wrote:I remember buying the Mohinder 7" at a now-legendary show in '95 that ended up being Ignite's first East Coast show (though they weren't on the flyer) and the first Texas is the Reason show. They opened the show and we got there late, so we missed their set and I didn't see them until 2012 or something. Anyway, the greater point is that I wish I still had that Mohinder 7". That must have bee an experience to hear it on a system like that.

At the time, those 7''s were fairly expensive and the guy who had it was very excited to get it. This would've been in the late 90s. The 7'' he showed me had a handmade cover made of magazine pages which I think were screenprinted over. Party stereo systems like that are not meant for sound quality. They are meant for loud volumes with heavy bass. They can be fun to listen to with certain types of music but not something I would want for my main rig to listen to music on.

I never knew that 7" was ever expensive. This is the one I had. I realize it's an earlier one, not the later one on Gravity.

https://www.discogs.com/Mohinder-Mohind ... e/15054379
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby FormerLurker » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:58 pm

Am I a dumbass? What is "AT"?
FormerLurker

Postby patient_ot » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:00 pm

JGJR wrote:I never knew that 7" was ever expensive. This is the one I had. I realize it's an earlier one, not the later one on Gravity.

https://www.discogs.com/Mohinder-Mohind ... e/15054379

Yeah, I'm talking about the Gravity one, which has tanked in value vs. what it used to be worth at one point. There was a span of maybe 2-4 years where certain bands of that type went for a fair amount of cash. Like $30-40 for a 7''. I think this was mainly through record trading chat rooms and possibly eBay. Some of that stuff has held some value in recent years (look at prices for certain records by Indian Summer, Honeywell, etc.) but not everything.
patient_ot

Postby patient_ot » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:10 pm

FormerLurker wrote:Am I a dumbass? What is "AT"?

Alternative Tentacles.
patient_ot

Postby FormerLurker » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:21 pm

patient_ot wrote:

Alternative Tentacles.

That was my guess, but I didn't realize AT had ever put out any BB records. I also don't give a shit, so I don't know why I'm posting.
FormerLurker

Postby jaybird » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:53 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
patient_ot wrote:

Alternative Tentacles.

That was my guess, but I didn't realize AT had ever put out any BB records. I also don't give a shit, so I don't know why I'm posting.

jaybird

Previous

Return to daghouse