Re: What are you reading?

Postby lewdd » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:34 pm

100 Things To Do in Pittsburgh Before You Die
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:30 am

lewdd wrote:100 Things To Do in Pittsburgh Before You Die

1. Jerry's Records
2. Primanti Brothers (only the Oakland and strip locations; avoid the ones in the suburbs)
3. Food for Thought deli in Oakland
4. Tessaro's burgers (ditto) in Bloomfield
5. Gooski's (never been but heard great things)
6. Several punk/HC oriented record stores; I don't know the new ones, but again have heard great things about a few including Pleasant Dreams; there used to be one in Oakland that was quite good, but not sure if it's still there
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:21 am

1,2, and 6 were on my to do list. I will look into 3-5 to see where they are at compared to other places I plan to visit. thanks for the info
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:34 am

lewdd wrote:1,2, and 6 were on my to do list. I will look into 3-5 to see where they are at compared to other places I plan to visit. thanks for the info

If you're already hitting up the Primanti Brothers in Oakland, Tessaro's is just across the bridge from Oakland into Bloomfield and Food for Thought is just a 5-minute walk from that Primanti location. Gooski's is a bit further away in Polish Hill, but not far, either, iirc.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am

I split the city into 7 different zones and mapped out the sites I want to see - historic markers, breweries, places I want to eat, museums, murals, statues/monuments, record stores, etc. I will add those places into the mix and my routes. There are two Pittsburgh style pizza places on Murray St that I plan to hit to try that "style" of pizza. I did another search on record stores and I think I got all of them that were in the search on my list already. I've built a travel log by city in Microsoft One Note for trips I have made, this trip, and started working on some for other cities that I plan to visit over the next few years.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:15 pm

lewdd wrote:I split the city into 7 different zones and mapped out the sites I want to see - historic markers, breweries, places I want to eat, museums, murals, statues/monuments, record stores, etc. I will add those places into the mix and my routes. There are two Pittsburgh style pizza places on Murray St that I plan to hit to try that "style" of pizza. I did another search on record stores and I think I got all of them that were in the search on my list already. I've built a travel log by city in Microsoft One Note for trips I have made, this trip, and started working on some for other cities that I plan to visit over the next few years.

Oh, I almost forgot to include Church Brew in Lawrenceville. It's an absolute must, especially if you're going with others. It's a brewery inside of a former Catholic church, I believe.

https://churchbrew.com/
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:44 pm

Been to the Church a few years ago, but plan on going again. Great atmosphere, beers, and food there.
lewdd

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:47 pm

That "Rap sux" thread.
FormerLurker

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:02 pm

FormerLurker wrote:That "Rap sux" thread.

:)
jaybird

Postby SamDBL » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm

jaybird wrote:

I feel like it's about to get good.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:26 am

SamDBL wrote:
jaybird wrote:

I feel like it's about to get good.

I don't have to read that thread to know that rap sucks. Its a given.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:17 am

lewdd wrote:Been to the Church a few years ago, but plan on going again. Great atmosphere, beers, and food there.

Word and oh, you probably have it on your list already, but the Warhol Museum is also a must if you've never been there.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:18 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:Been to the Church a few years ago, but plan on going again. Great atmosphere, beers, and food there.

Word and oh, you probably have it on your list already, but the Warhol Museum is also a must if you've never been there.

Yeah, just bought a membership to Carnegie which includes free admission to Warhol and Carnegie art museums.
lewdd

Previous

Return to daghouse