Field Day - Speak the Truth

Field Day - Speak the Truth

Postby Mark T. » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Re: Field Day - Speak the Truth

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Excellent! Now "if only" the Boston show can get re-scheduled for 2021 :mrgreen:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby gregpolard » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Digging this new EP stuff more than the first 7". I am definitely hoping for some weirder stuff down the line a la Wig Out / Field Day though.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 am

The EP gets progressively "weirder" as it goes along, but "weirder" is relative, of course. I mean, it doesn't get Beefheart-weird or anything. But closer to what I love about WIG OUT/FIELD DAY.
Last edited by scannest on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:27 am

scannest wrote:The EP gets progressively "weirder" as it goes along, but "weirder" is relative, of course. I mean, it doesn't Beefheart-weird or anything. But closer to what I love about WIG OUT/FIELD DAY.

Agreed. I have been lucky enough to hear the entire thing, just hoping next time it's just a notch weirder :)
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm

gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:The EP gets progressively "weirder" as it goes along, but "weirder" is relative, of course. I mean, it doesn't Beefheart-weird or anything. But closer to what I love about WIG OUT/FIELD DAY.

Agreed. I have been lucky enough to hear the entire thing, just hoping next time it's just a notch weirder :)

I don't give a fuck about it being weird or not, does it sound less like Pennywise? That is the real question.
And I already pre-ordered it, fuck you very much!

FlexMyHead

Postby Dinko » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:21 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

I don't give a fuck about it being weird or not, does it sound less like Pennywise? That is the real question.
And I already pre-ordered it, fuck you very much!

Yeah, less. Except for one song.
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Lewdd correctly pointed out that both the bandcamp download and the one that comes with the Opposite Land record omits one song.

Since Hunter is thanked in the liner notes maybe he can tell us why :?:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby JGJR » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I finally got around to listening to this.

Track 1 - "One Song" - by far, my favorite thing about it is the very BB circa Wig Out/Field Day (the album) guitar work. This is definitely a step into the right direction after the 1st single.

Track 2 - "Stolen Words" - well, I already agree with those who said it gets "weirder" (read: less generic and more like late '80s Dag Nasty) as it goes on; another step in the right direction; I like it when they slow down the tempo and cischord is allowed some room to interpolate like on "Exercises."

Track 3- "Speak the Truth" - Something like a cross between the 1st 2 songs, closer to "Stolen Words."

Track 4 - "Waiting for a Miracle" - once again, fantastic guitar work here, the most post-punk sounding of all the tracks, another Peter vocal interpolation/breakdown and possibly my favorite of the 4 tracks (it's this or "Stolen Words"). I hope they continue in this direction and that I can see them live at some point, too!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 pm

bump new release out where is their street crue
lewdd

Return to daghouse