iPhone Users: Do You Download Music to Your Phone?

iPhone Users: Do You Download Music to Your Phone?

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 am

If so, where TF do you keep it, since there is no longer any such thing as iTunes?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: iPhone Users: Do You Download Music to Your Phone?

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:51 am

Nope. Cloud or bust.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby drew » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:23 pm

I have iTunes on my laptop which automatically downloads into my phone. I have about 10K tunes on my IPhone X. Without music in the car I’d be miserable
drew

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:41 pm

I use Spotify, YouTube and Bandcamp to listen to most stuff digitally, so I rarely but occasionally do this if I can't stream it or download it in other ways. I'd like to stop, though. It feels very '00s and like what we all used to be with iPods. I just got a new phone (a X, I think).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Time for a modern day iPod or DAP by Sony, Fiio, Astell & Kern. There are plenty of models by each of those brands to choose from.

https://www.rollingstone.com/product-re ... s-1050307/
lewdd

Postby version sound » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:44 am

I stream 99% of the stuff I listen to, so I don’t think I really need a separate device for the remaining 1%. It’s really only the demos posted on Chunklet as individual songs that I would like to download and listen to as a whole, instead of having to hit play for each song.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:54 pm

version sound wrote:I stream 99% of the stuff I listen to, so I don’t think I really need a separate device for the remaining 1%. It’s really only the demos posted on Chunklet as individual songs that I would like to download and listen to as a whole, instead of having to hit play for each song.

I am going to plead ignorant here as I have been an android supporter for many years because of this type of issue. Is there now way to download something and put it on your phone in a folder where the phone could play it?
lewdd

Postby waikikiTed » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

I think it’s kinda still there just not very intuitive. From the music app, when you search, you can select “your library” and it pulls anything I had purchased in the past. From my Mac, I can still drop songs into the Music app, but yeah...it’s not so easy and I guess I don’t use it like I used to.

Since I travel a lot, every week..... (yes, it sucks asphyxiating myself with a mask for 6 hours in an airport and plane) I usually just download the tunes from Apple Music or Spotify for off-line listening. For stuff like Dag - Field Day LP where ya can’t find it online I use an app like Jet Audio on my iPhone and add my own mp3s.
waikikiTed

Postby version sound » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

lewdd wrote:
version sound wrote:I stream 99% of the stuff I listen to, so I don’t think I really need a separate device for the remaining 1%. It’s really only the demos posted on Chunklet as individual songs that I would like to download and listen to as a whole, instead of having to hit play for each song.

I am going to plead ignorant here as I have been an android supporter for many years because of this type of issue. Is there now way to download something and put it on your phone in a folder where the phone could play it?

Sure, I can do that, but since they are individual files, I would still have to play them all individually. I would like to at least be able to make each demo it’s own playlist.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:57 pm

waikikiTed wrote:I think it’s kinda still there just not very intuitive. From the music app, when you search, you can select “your library” and it pulls anything I had purchased in the past. From my Mac, I can still drop songs into the Music app, but yeah...it’s not so easy and I guess I don’t use it like I used to.

Since I travel a lot, every week..... (yes, it sucks asphyxiating myself with a mask for 6 hours in an airport and plane) I usually just download the tunes from Apple Music or Spotify for off-line listening. For stuff like Dag - Field Day LP where ya can’t find it online I use an app like Jet Audio on my iPhone and add my own mp3s.

It seems that the Apple Music app on my phone only pulls in songs I bought from iTunes. I’ll look into Jet Audio, though.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Load my music on to my Android Galaxy and use Itunes application to listen. And since I got 3 months of Apple Music free, I have everything in one spot.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby waikikiTed » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:07 pm

JetAudio is good. Especially if you have a lot of rare stuff you converted yourself. [quote][/quote]
waikikiTed

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Streamer and Apple Music account. Downloaded files on iPod.
No music files on my phone
^v^
WrEtcH

Return to daghouse