Biggest Douche in a Band You Love?

Re: Biggest Douche in a Band You Love?

Postby kel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:26 pm

earthdog70 wrote:I can't believe this guy hasn't been mentioned yet. Maybe he is a nice guy, I don't know. I just think he brings nothing to the band that already has 2 killer guitarists. Just so unnecessary to their sound. All you have to do is watch any clip online for 5 minutes and you will have your answer:
Janick Gers
I mean the stage moves alone seal the deal :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExNc8h1CiA

That's nuts, I saw that guitar go flying and was like "Welp, there's a lawsuit when it hits someone..." :)

Then I heard the singer shout out the location... Weird. I was literally AT the Maiden San Antonio show, and I have zero memory of that happening. Then again, I was in a private box suite party thingy instead of in the crowd... maybe I was distracted by the trays of steak snacks and drinks the caterers were accidentally delivering to to our suite instead of the unoccupied major bank's suite next door.

Speaking of douches with guitars hitting someone: 1987: Butthole Surfers “riot show” at the Clearwater National Guard Armory, bringing a topless dancer and showing pretty vile film to a bunch of children at an all-ages show that "proved to be the one of the rowdiest in Tampa Bay concert history. "(They) basically smashed their guitar over a kid's head in the audience (sending him to the hospital), kicked a girl in the face that was in the front row, broke her nose," Tampa author and filmmaker Tony Patino once told the Tampa Bay Times."
kel

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Ha-Kel you were there :!:

That was just one example of his douchebagery, I was trying to make a case for just his overall state presence in general being a negative for the band. I mean I guess they are OK with it.

I remember being at the last tour show in Mansfield, MA. In the bathroom stalls at the end a fan was going OFF on how much he dislikes Janick. It was pretty funny.

Apparently he takes his stage moves from Richie Blackmore. I've seen a fair amount of Blackmore video, I don't think he is that over the top. :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Bruce Dickinson.

Oh wait, I don't love Iron Maiden. Only the first 3 albums. And he's still a douchebag
xxxMidgexxx

Postby kel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:52 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Ha-Kel you were there :!:

I was at *both* of my examples! (San Antonio Maiden, even though I'm not a Maiden fan, as well as that Butthole Surfers Clearwater, FL gig. For that matter, I was involved in the whole guitar-into-skull incident that evening. Great fun!)
kel

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm

scannest wrote:Robbie Robertson.

Couldn't agree more; Team Levon forever; I saw that new documentary and once again just like The Last Waltz it's all about Robbie Robbie Robbie and clearing the air on this occasion because he didn't like Levon's book.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:23 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I like Noel's voice a LOT better.

This. Plus, he's way funnier; best interview in music. But yeah, I always gravitate to the people who actually write the songs anyway. The one time I saw Oasis in the late '90s, Noel's solo set was the highlight.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 pm

scannest wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Aren't they all douchebags in that band? Who is to say she is the worst? I think that guy is a bigger dick.

In as much as we can really know a person that we've never met based solely on their public persona, Exene is still a much worse individual than Billy Zoom.
And I've never heard anything but nice things about John and DJ, so why say "aren't they all douchebags"?

John is a TOTAL sweetheart. Exene on the other hand, umm... I've never met or even talked to Billy and DJ (closest I got was just being in the same dressing room after one of their shows and John was the only one who would talk, get pictures taken, etc.), so no comment there, but by all accounts, DJ is similar to John.
JGJR

Postby target » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Kevin Seconds Excene tour diary was hilarious
target

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 pm

target wrote:Kevin Seconds Excene tour diary was hilarious

I remember that being posted on here a while back. 've told this story before, but the first time I met her in '97 at a Lookout showcase here at Coney Island High (she was in Auntie Christ then), she was super nice and cool. I interviewed her (and John, separately) by phone about 3 years ago and it seemed like she couldn't wait to be done with the conversation. It was over in about 20 minutes. I got about 45 minutes to an hour with John and he was much more enthusiastic. I probably should've asked her (Exene) more topical/political questions, but didn't wanna talk about her YouTube comments, so I decided against that strategy.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 pm

target wrote:Kevin Seconds Excene tour diary was hilarious

do tell..?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Welly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:27 am

Last edited by Welly on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:49 am

Welly wrote:Loads. If you dropped the 'you love' I could get involved, ha ha.

What a tease. Ha ha. :lol:
JGJR

Postby Welly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Last edited by Welly on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Welly wrote:And I'm just some nobody

"But no one is a nobody, everyone is someone." Stiff Little Fingers "Nobody's Heroes"
JGJR

Postby Markonomicon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 am

Ben Weasel.

He sucks.
Markonomicon

Previous

Return to daghouse