FREE Red Hare Show in DC

FREE Red Hare Show in DC

Postby version sound » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Sunday, November 17th, 8:00 @ Grand Central.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: FREE Red Hare Show in DC

Postby pedro » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Having never heard of the place, I just googled "Grand Central DC". It was named the 5th "douchiest bar" in DC. They also have quite a dress code:

GrandCentral wrote:Thanks for checking in on proper attire for your casual dining, happy hour, or social night out at GrandCentral. We are not all stuffy and formal; in fact, people love coming here to kick back, unwind, and have a great time.

Patrons should dress in Casual or Business Casual attire. If you’re not sure what that means, consult the list below for a guide to what NOT to wear.

After 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays the following dress code will be enforced…

NO Sweats, Athletic Wear, or Sports Jerseys
NO Headgear
NO Construction Shoes/Boots
NO Baggy Clothing
NO Clothing with Offensive Messages/See-Through Materials
NO Sleeveless T-Shirts
NO Chains
NO Hooded Jackets/Sweatshirts
NO Camouflage
NO Plain White Tees
NO Sunglasses at night

I wouldn't wear most of that stuff, but I also wouldn't have rules against people wearing them. They are also a Buffalo Sabres/Bills bar, yet don't allow "Sports Jerseys"? That makes sense.

Whatever. I'm hoping to make the show.
Hello.
pedro

Postby NotBaker » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Sounds like the dress code is only enforced After 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Looks like that place is in what used to be Fasika's. I think I ate there a couple of times, and would rather have an Ethiopian restaurant over a douchey bar.
NotBaker

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 pm

pedro wrote:Having never heard of the place, I just googled "Grand Central DC". It was named the 5th "douchiest bar" in DC. They also have quite a dress code:

GrandCentral wrote:Thanks for checking in on proper attire for your casual dining, happy hour, or social night out at GrandCentral. We are not all stuffy and formal; in fact, people love coming here to kick back, unwind, and have a great time.

Patrons should dress in Casual or Business Casual attire. If you’re not sure what that means, consult the list below for a guide to what NOT to wear.

After 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays the following dress code will be enforced…

NO Sweats, Athletic Wear, or Sports Jerseys
NO Headgear
NO Construction Shoes/Boots
NO Baggy Clothing
NO Clothing with Offensive Messages/See-Through Materials
NO Sleeveless T-Shirts
NO Chains
NO Hooded Jackets/Sweatshirts
NO Camouflage
NO Plain White Tees
NO Sunglasses at night

I wouldn't wear most of that stuff, but I also wouldn't have rules against people wearing them. They are also a Buffalo Sabres/Bills bar, yet don't allow "Sports Jerseys"? That makes sense.

Whatever. I'm hoping to make the show.

99 percent of this is aimed at gang attire. i don't know how bad gangs are in DC still, but it was not uncommon to find this kind of dress code enforcement at spots in hollywood or around L.A. In my old hood, all of the Pacoima Street Gang wore Pittsburgh Pirates hats, so if you were actually from PA you might be surprised that so many cholos were out there repping your team. I read about how they actually drew a gun on a guy from pittsburgh because his car was all decked out in Pirates gear.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:52 pm

I would say that's aimed at keeping black people out, or at least the hoodier element. I doubt it would be enforced at a punk show for a tattoo convention.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 pm

version sound wrote:I would say that's aimed at keeping black people out, or at least the hoodier element. I doubt it would be enforced at a punk show for a tattoo convention.

it looks like that, but i was forced to remove a sports jersey once before i went into a place in hollywood once, so it's not like they don't enforce it on white people too. also, the nicer the club, the the longer the list of rules of rules becomes. some of these seem excessive,but stuff like the no headgear is so no one brings weapons or drugs in, and the no sunglasses thing is so the bouncers can see your eyes and tell how keyed up you are if you are on something. also, the looser the clothing is, the more easier it is to hide guns/weapons and drugs in. the boots thing would work for punkers or G's in lugz, as they can do some damage in a fight. i used to bounce at a strip club and the list was nothing like this, but sometimes a strict dress code would have made my job easier.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse