A much better Chris Richards review

A much better Chris Richards review

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 pm

I will say this much. I don't usually like negative reviews, but this review is absolutely great.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013 ... ey-schultz
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: A much better Chris Richards review

Postby NotBaker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

It's not by Ris Paul Ric, but I always really liked this WaPo review of an Evan Dando show at the Black Cat in 2003: http://www.evandando.co.uk/live/reviews ... at0603.htm

I didn't go to the show, but had considered it. After reading the review, I'm not sure if I made the right call. Probably, but maybe not.
NotBaker

Postby john stabb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:38 am

Good for him. I think I would've much rather gone to the restroom to throw-up, take a much-needed bowl movement & text a mate how bad this gig was. Then, probably leave before I had an opportunity to drive a sharp pen into my ears, making a huge bloody mess for the medics to take me away. And that sounds like what I imagine I'd also do if somehow I happened to attend a Dave Matthews Band or Arcade Fire show.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby john stabb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 am

That Dando review reminds me of GWarrior's conversation with Bill Stevensen (when he toured with Evan): Bill demanding to Leamonheads manager that he wanted his money placed in his own bank account whether or not Dando did a decent set, half-set & disappeared for drugs, or not show up at all. Good for Bill :!: But that shit gets tiresome so all the ALL players soon left.

Meowgirl & I had the misfortune (well, we were supposed to be on x- Bullet LaVolta/Leamonheads/Juliana Hatfield 3 bassist, Todd Phillips list but he got nixed for tour & staff-member got us in) of attending a recent Leamonheads "It's a Shame about Ray" album gig. Just going through the motions of doing the songs & muttering a few things. Of course the insipid College kids were eating it all up but it was really dull. I had left a mssg for Todd & about the end (hopefully) I got this text from him informing me he wasn't on the tour so making my connection with my band friend wasn't happening that night. We left as soon as possible. Yipes.
john stabb

Postby pedro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:21 am

This is my favorite concert review he has ever written.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 ... even-adler
Hello.
pedro

Postby john stabb » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:03 am

"Excellent"
- Mr. Burns

:lol: :twisted: No amount of payment could keep me there till the end of that asscrap fiasco.
john stabb

Postby JGJR » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm

john stabb wrote:"Excellent"
- Mr. Burns

:lol: :twisted: No amount of payment could keep me there till the end of that asscrap fiasco.

Agreed, but I have one major beef with this review. Did he not realize that the bass player is Tommy fucking Stinson of the Replacements? Back to Guitar Center? Puh-leez.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse