Staten Island pizza in the NYT

Staten Island pizza in the NYT

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:41 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Staten Island pizza in the NYT

Postby scannest » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 am

I had Goodfellas on Sunday. At my wife's request. It's her favorite. I think it's just fine, but no Denino's.
It's funny that he mentions Pizza D'oro. That's an easy walk from the house I grew up in but I've only gone there a handful of times. I never thought it was anything special. And kudos to Robert Sietsema getting a byline in the Times. He was the quality journalist left at the Village Voice until they kicked him to the curb.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby NotBaker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 am

scannest wrote:It's funny that he mentions Pizza D'oro. That's an easy walk from the house I grew up in but I've only gone there a handful of times. I never thought it was anything special.

That's funny. I feel the same way about a pizza place where I grew up in New Jersey, that also tends to make these hipster pizza explorer lists. It was good, but I never really loved it.
NotBaker

Postby drew » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 am

Goodfellas is great but Denino's is the best. There is nothing like going there on a summer night for a well-done pie & then going across the street for some Ralph's ices......
drew

Postby JGJR » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 am

scannest wrote:I had Goodfellas on Sunday. At my wife's request. It's her favorite. I think it's just fine, but no Denino's.
It's funny that he mentions Pizza D'oro. That's an easy walk from the house I grew up in but I've only gone there a handful of times. I never thought it was anything special. And kudos to Robert Sietsema getting a byline in the Times. He was the quality journalist left at the Village Voice until they kicked him to the curb.

Well, in truth they have kicked some other really good journalists to the curb in recent years (Chuck Eddy, Maura Johnston and others come to mind) after they got bought out. Sietsema is great, though. Mofungo! And more seriously, I like his food reviews a lot. He knows his stuff.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby genu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Glad Joe and pats was in there.
genu

Return to daghouse