CoronaCancelled Tours

CoronaCancelled Tours

Postby lewdd » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Who were you going to see play that is now cancelled?

Oh, and since these bands can't be out touring, they should get their asses in the studio to record some new tunes for us to listen to.
lewdd

Re: CoronaCancelled Tours

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:37 pm

lewdd wrote:Who were you going to see play that is now cancelled?

Oh, and since these bands can't be out touring, they should get their asses in the studio to record some new tunes for us to listen to.

We were going to play some shows with the Undertones and one with the Fleshtones, so that was a bummer. Unfortunately, traditional recording presents many — if not all — of the same health concerns as touring so I think you’re gonna be stuck with online, solo living room performances for the foreseeable future.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby lewdd » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Hopefully, you can still make it to the lovely town of Catasauqua with the Undertones at a later date.
lewdd

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 pm

So far-

Kix-4/4-rescheduled to 10/30

Punk Fest-7/11-Black Flag/T.S.O.L/The Dickies/Total Chaos-cancelled

Since Hunter is listing his own shows I can list mine too:

4/26 w/24-7 Spyz (Rockin' Bob)-will be re-scheduled.

I'm sure some Silver Screams shows in May will be shut down. Oh well.
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby Hal » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 am

earthdog70 wrote:
4/26 w/24-7 Spyz (Rockin' Bob)-will be re-scheduled.

Cool, good news. Hope it's rescheduled on a weekend night!
Hal

Postby gregpolard » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

So far just PVRIS at Union Transfer on 5/15 but it's being rescheduled.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby pedro » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm

I hear the big Undertones/Dot Dash mid-Atlantic regional tour has been cancelled. I had been looking forward to getting out. Now I will be in the house.
Hello.
pedro

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:18 pm

pedro wrote: Undertones/Dot Dash

They played NYC last year. I didn't go because the show was sold out well in advance.

Then after the show, Danny texts me and tells me that I was on the list. :cry:
xxxMidgexxx

Postby earthdog70 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Silver Screams show 5/30 show cancelled-not surprised.

Krokus fall tour-postponed

Alice Cooper/Lita Ford-June tour cancelled.

Again not surprised. X is saying their June tour can happen in August. Not so sure about that.

Field Day-June 6th in Cambridge, MA Not looking good :bag:

This will be the first summer I don't go to any shows since I was like... 12 year old. :lol:
earthdog70

Postby drew » Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 am

WAXAHATCHEE postponed till October.........her bland new album makes me think I might just refund the tix.

GO-GO'S postponed from July......said they will reschedule. It's an outside venue in NJ so maybe later in the summer it will be ok? Who knows? My wife is bummed.

And tickets to several Yankees & Mets games.........very sad about Baseball.
drew

Postby lewdd » Thu May 14, 2020 6:44 am

drew wrote: Mets games.........very sad about Baseball.

We should get together for a game one of these years. I love the Mets!
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu May 14, 2020 7:17 am

PVRIS 5/15 at Union Transfer (rescheduled for "sometime in November")
Kevin James with my son June 12th @ Kimmel Center (cancelled)
Hayley Williams 6/18 at Fillmore (postponed until sometime in 2021)
Goo Goo Dolls in August - no news yet
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby drew » Thu May 14, 2020 7:27 am

lewdd wrote:

We’ll def do that. Hopefully next year......
drew

Postby lewdd » Thu May 14, 2020 7:47 am

Dropkick Murphys / Rancid Tour cancelled
DKM Boston shows cancelled
Rebellion Festival cancelled
Juke Joint Festival cancelled
Memphis in May rescheduled
Milwaukee Summerfest rescheduled
Musikfest still scheduled for July but I don't see how that happens

Early retirement probably rescheduled or cancelled
lewdd

Postby pedro » Thu May 14, 2020 7:52 am

Taylor Swift's LoverFest in July/August has been indefinitely postponed. I'm kind of relieved, but my daughter is not happy.
Hello.
pedro

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu May 14, 2020 8:03 am

pedro wrote:Taylor Swift's LoverFest in July/August has been indefinitely postponed. I'm kind of relieved, but my daughter is not happy.

Taylor Swift???
xxxMidgexxx

Postby pedro » Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Taylor Swift???

She's dance-pop singer from Reading, Pennsylvania. She been around a few years and has a bit of a following. She started kinda pop-country, but is now more dancey-type stuff. Kind of like how Joy Division was punky-new wavey and then New Order became a dance combo. My daughter really likes her. I took my daughter to see Taylor a couple of summers ago and honestly, I though her show was very entertaining. Not really my thing, but it was fun.

I'm surprised you've never heard of her. You should try her latest album, called Lover to see if you're into it.

I wasn't planning on going this year, as my daughter was going with her cousins. But I am relieved we don't have to tell her she can't go to a 50,000 person concert in the middle of a pandemic.
Hello.
pedro

Postby lewdd » Thu May 14, 2020 9:13 am

Reading, PA is a tough town
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu May 14, 2020 9:15 am

pedro wrote:

She's dance-pop singer from Reading, Pennsylvania. She been around a few years and has a bit of a following. She started kinda pop-country, but is now more dancey-type stuff. Kind of like how Joy Division was punky-new wavey and then New Order became a dance combo. My daughter really likes her. I took my daughter to see Taylor a couple of summers ago and honestly, I though her show was very entertaining. Not really my thing, but it was fun.

I'm surprised you've never heard of her. You should try her latest album, called Lover to see if you're into it.

I wasn't planning on going this year, as my daughter was going with her cousins. But I am relieved we don't have to tell her she can't go to a 50,000 person concert in the middle of a pandemic.

10/10

:lol:
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Thu May 14, 2020 9:48 am

lewdd wrote:

I'm in; finally got to go to Citi Field a few times last year; it's my happy place.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu May 14, 2020 9:50 am

drew wrote:WAXAHATCHEE postponed till October.........her bland new album makes me think I might just refund the tix.

GO-GO'S postponed from July......said they will reschedule. It's an outside venue in NJ so maybe later in the summer it will be ok? Who knows? My wife is bummed.

I was supposed to see the X/Violent Femmes tour at the same venue in NJ if you mean the outdoor stage at the Stone Pony; hope it happens at some point, probably 2021? I also don't love the new Waxahatchee but need to listen more; too bad because I really liked Out in the Storm.
JGJR

Postby drew » Thu May 14, 2020 10:27 am

JGJR wrote:
drew wrote:WAXAHATCHEE postponed till October.........her bland new album makes me think I might just refund the tix.

I was supposed to see the X/Violent Femmes tour at the same venue in NJ if you mean the outdoor stage at the Stone Pony; hope it happens at some point, probably 2021? I also don't love the new Waxahatchee but need to listen more; too bad because I really liked Out in the Storm.

Katie got sober, so that’s good for her health....... But the “shiny happy” vibe is not really my thing. It’s not bad, I like her with an edge.
drew

Postby pedro » Thu May 14, 2020 11:01 am

gregpolard wrote: :lol:

I'm really surprised John hasn't heard of her. I mean, she's pretty well known around here.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 am

drew wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Katie got sober, so that’s good for her health....... But the “shiny happy” vibe is not really my thing. It’s not bad, I like her with an edge.

This, but it applies to just about everything. I have a difficult time with that in general tbh and think stuff frequently gets boring artistically when there is contentment, but more importantly I am happy for her (see also: any of her bf Kevin Morby's solo records being nowhere near as good as the last Babies album though they'r all enjoyable up to a point). I don't know her, met her in passing once (spoke/hung out with some of her housemates way more), but she was my neighbor (5 houses down on the same block/side of the street) for a year back in 2012-3 along with most of the rest of Swearin'/Radiator Hospital.

There are exceptions, though. The La Sera record from 2016 after Katy got sober is excellent/incredible, but it's more sad/reflective/melancholy and the one before that was much more upbeat, actually. And so I hope more listens to the new Waxahatchee will make me change my mind?
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu May 14, 2020 2:38 pm

I don't get all the raves for that Waxa record. Seems like very pretty MOR indie pop. Like Jenny Lewis without the personality.

And industry folks seem to writing off the remainder of 2020 when it comes to live shows.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

scannest wrote:I don't get all the raves for that Waxa record. Seems like very pretty MOR indie pop. Like Jenny Lewis without the personality.

And industry folks seem to writing off the remainder of 2020 when it comes to live shows.

Yeah the more I read and the more I hear, from some on the inside as well, 2020 seems to be a wash.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu May 14, 2020 3:07 pm

https://www.punknews.org/article/72651/ ... al-reserve

This is pretty interesting and seems to support the claims of 2020 being blown out the window.
lewdd

Postby earthdog70 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Ministry/KMFDM/Frontline Assembly tour now Spring 2021

:arrow:
earthdog70

Postby lewdd » Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm

The Bad Religion and UK Subs England tour has been rescheduled to June 2021. Bad Religion is finally playing a show with someone older than them.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri May 22, 2020 3:20 pm

I bought tickets to The Fest but I'm pretty sure that is going to be fucked without a kiss. Mainly wanted to see Samiam again, Moving Targets (for the first time), Gorilla Biscuits, Strike Anywhere and like 5 others.

Oh Earthdog yr name is S.K. right? I was doing the "follow one link to another link" and ended up on an article about King Face from 2005 and as I was reading it, it sounded like it had to be you??
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 pm

I bet The Fest goes on as planned. Florida doesn't give a fuck about the virus
lewdd

Postby earthdog70 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Hey Flex-yep that is me :!:
earthdog70

Postby lewdd » Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Flex, be sure to go see Rebuilder. They are probably the hottest band in Boston right now.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri May 22, 2020 3:41 pm

lewdd wrote:I bet The Fest goes on as planned. Florida doesn't give a fuck about the virus

Don't get me wrong, Floriduh is the arm-pit of the US of A and our governer is a Trump-puppet, but people (at least around here) did take it quite seriously and actually self-quarantined much earlier than were we "told" to do so and that was one of the reasons we didn't get hit as hard. Of course, they took that early proactive behavior and spun it as "see, much ado about nothing". It's pointless even debating this because people believe what they want.

ANYWAY, Disney shut down...those money grubbing fucks never do anything that costs them money, so they did take it serious.

Someone I know said they spoke with Sergie (from Samiam) and he seriously doubts it's going to happen and even made a comment like "Even if they say it's ok, do I really want to go down there and risk it? For me or others? Do people really need to die hearing Dull or Mud Hill one more time"?
FlexMyHead

Postby gregpolard » Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Update to canceled/postponed list for me:

Goo Goo Dolls on 8/22 - new date unknown
gregpolard

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Hoodoo Gurus-November 7, 2020 date moved to September 2021 (yes 2021) and new venue-Royale instead of Sinclair.

Grim Reaper. Was going to get tickets for their September show in New Bedford. Pushed to 2021 due to Steve Grimmett's having diabetes so can't risk being out on the road this year.

Circle Jerks-October show pushed to April 2021.

:bag:

(Just waiting for the plug to be pulled on Kix in October)
earthdog70

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:56 pm

pedro wrote:

You should try her latest album

Yeah, nah. Nothing I would ever listen to, especially since xxxHxxx says she's good. But I do like her politics and how she crawled under Kanye's skin for that moment.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby drew » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:17 pm

I got a call today from Barclay's Center Arena in BK about the Nick Cave show in August that is of course, canceled. They gave me a heads up that I need to call Ticketmasters customer service dept. and ask for my refund or I won't get it. How fucked up is that? They would just keep my money? If and when life goes back to normal, i.e. seeing live concerts I am going to do my absolute best to never give ticketmaster another dollar. Ever.
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm

drew wrote:I got a call today from Barclay's Center Arena in BK about the Nick Cave show in August that is of course, canceled. They gave me a heads up that I need to call Ticketmasters customer service dept. and ask for my refund or I won't get it. How fucked up is that? They would just keep my money? If and when life goes back to normal, i.e. seeing live concerts I am going to do my absolute best to never give ticketmaster another dollar. Ever.

I'd take the money over Nick Cave any day.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby drew » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
drew wrote:I got a call today from Barclay's Center Arena in BK about the Nick Cave show in August that is of course, canceled. They gave me a heads up that I need to call Ticketmasters customer service dept. and ask for my refund or I won't get it. How fucked up is that? They would just keep my money? If and when life goes back to normal, i.e. seeing live concerts I am going to do my absolute best to never give ticketmaster another dollar. Ever.

I'd take the money over Nick Cave any day.

You are just....just...really.

I got my money back. Credited to my card today. Still have the bullshit of two "Postponed" shows I haven't gotten back.
X & Violent Femmes which past already and GO-GO's - would be this Sunday.....
drew

Postby soulforce » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:27 pm

New Model Army this spring :( ...and some metal festival with Slipknot in the bill that I wasn't really sure I was going to anyway.
soulforce

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Uncle Ted (aka The Nuge) pushed his summer tour to 2022. I was going to hit this one at the lovely Hampton Beach Casino on a Saturday night :(

I wonder if my Kix show in August will also bite the dust?
earthdog70

Postby lewdd » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 pm

The Damned rescheduled to February 2022. Hopefully, these guys don't hate each other by then and decide not to go through with the shows.
lewdd

Postby scannest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:41 am

While touring is going to lag because of logistical hassles, local-ish bands should have plenty of opportunities soon. Outdoor venues first, then indoors with various protocols in place. But I suspect live music will be back in some sorta regular capacity by early summer.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am

Bought a livestream Dino Jr ticket for May 1

and a "real" Dino Jr ticket for November in Philly. Fingers crossed!
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:57 am

I have a friend who is a publicist. He is being approached by a ton of venues saying "we have dates available starting in May/June/July/etc. and need to get the word out." All are assuming limited capacity to start, but are counting on that to get better every month. Not saying that's gonna be the reality, but it is the assumption people are working with now.
scannest

Postby SamDBL » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:18 am

In Europe, most stuff looks to be put off till next year. With a slight chance of winter of this year. We just had another proposed fall stint there pushed back.
SamDBL

Postby lewdd » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 am

SamDBL wrote:In Europe, most stuff looks to be put off till next year. With a slight chance of winter of this year. We just had another proposed fall stint there pushed back.

Rebellion Festival still looks like a go as of this past weekend.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:48 am

I go back and forth with when I think stuff is going to come back. The reality is, it's out of our control.

That said, I finally got my first Pfizer shot on Tuesday and will be getting the second one at the end of this month. It was a really great feeling recently getting the vaccine and buying tickets for a show, even if it's not until November.
gregpolard

Postby Marc M » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:53 pm

It's GO time in TX, cuz we're kinda dumb. We're playing Gas Monkey Bar & Grill (outdoor venue) on 5/2. We've been offered a couple indoor shows, but I think (hope?) we're holding out until July at least. I got my 2nd vax a week ago.

Have tickets to PRB this Sept. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm.

We were supposed to open up for Riverboat Gamblers last May. REALLY hoping that one gets a reboot.
Marc M

Next

Return to daghouse