Offspring

Offspring

Postby clash77 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 pm

I discovered punk when i heard this band. Green Day and Good Charlotte Too!!! Any "punk" would agree I'm sure...
clash77

Re: Offspring

Postby john stabb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Heyyyyy, Good Charlotte are from the hood, yo :!: Straight outta Waldorf :!: And they only lifted Minor Threat lyrics on 1 album ... because they're h/c, yo. :oops:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby wALLton » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:36 am

An Italian colleague of mine told me how The Offspring got him into hardcore and Green Day got him into punk. He doesn't appear to have delved much further into these genres beyond these main stream bands and yet remains convinced we share similar tastes in music, ha-ha. OK.
wALLton

Postby soulforce » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 am

clash77 wrote:I discovered punk when i heard this band [the Offspring]

In fact this is exactly what happened to me. Not ashamed or embarassed of it. I was 11 in 1995 when I first heard them so they introduced me to this type of music. No need to say that I've expanded my music horizon a lot after that, of course.
soulforce

Postby Janelle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:10 pm

soulforce wrote:
clash77 wrote:I discovered punk when i heard this band [the Offspring]

In fact this is exactly what happened to me. Not ashamed or embarassed of it. I was 11 in 1995 when I first heard them so they introduced me to this type of music. No need to say that I've expanded my music horizon a lot after that, of course.

Yes. Clash was being facetious and he dragnetted me! Is that a real word? Is that what I mean? Anyway, Soulforce! I always thought you were older. I must say, okay, you're a lil younger than me but some of the bands that catapulted me into this nutty punk/hardcore world was Bad Religion (I know that's the one you're "okay" to say! in 1994 and Green Day 'Dookie') I was 13 going on 14. I think that's okay ha! But, yes, and it's probably put forth here before but our first shows! My first show, 1994 HOLE at ROSELAND! Still love that album Live Through This, sorry. And sucks Hole didn't play anything from the amazing album before, what '91? Kim Gordon-produced Pretty On The Inside. NOT ONE SONG! That irked me so much. I guess they were "embarrassed" or something! stupid! Or that fed into people's beliefs that Kurt wrote stuff for Live Through This. I don't believe that. But if you totally disown a perfectly AWESOME imperfect album...
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby James » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I discovered punk in 9th grade (1990) when I heard someone playing Dayglo Abortions "Feed US A Fetus" at school. Although I really didn't start getting into punk a lot more until after high school when my friend played me the Subhumans' "Slave To My Dick" off the 'Last Call' compilation. Then I heard Minor Threat and Misfits at a house party in 1993 and it all went downhill from there.
Formerly known as Jimmy Heartburn
James

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 pm

James wrote:I discovered punk in 9th grade (1990) when I heard someone playing Dayglo Abortions "Feed US A Fetus" at school. Although I really didn't start getting into punk a lot more until after high school when my friend played me the Subhumans' "Slave To My Dick" off the 'Last Call' compilation. Then I heard Minor Threat and Misfits at a house party in 1993 and it all went downhill from there.

I was in 9th grade in 1989-1990 as well and I first heard The Clash, The Pretenders, The Specials, Bad Religion and songs by X, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, etc. that summer and so that's when I got into punk (bought a Bad Brains tape and Ramones Mania around that time, too), but I feel like I REALLY got into it when I heard more Black Flag and DKs stuff and Minor Threat the summer between 10th and 11th grade.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Janelle wrote: My first show, 1994 HOLE at ROSELAND! Still love that album Live Through This, sorry. And sucks Hole didn't play anything from the amazing album before, what '91? Kim Gordon-produced Pretty On The Inside. NOT ONE SONG! That irked me so much. I guess they were "embarrassed" or something! stupid! Or that fed into people's beliefs that Kurt wrote stuff for Live Through This. I don't believe that. But if you totally disown a perfectly AWESOME imperfect album...

My wife saw Hole at the Stone Pony around that same time period (maybe '94?) as well. I always liked what I heard by them back in the '90s, but just never bought the records or saw them.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:34 pm

JGJR wrote:
James wrote:I discovered punk in 9th grade (1990) when I heard someone playing Dayglo Abortions "Feed US A Fetus" at school. Although I really didn't start getting into punk a lot more until after high school when my friend played me the Subhumans' "Slave To My Dick" off the 'Last Call' compilation. Then I heard Minor Threat and Misfits at a house party in 1993 and it all went downhill from there.

I was in 9th grade in 1989-1990 as well and I first heard The Clash, The Pretenders, The Specials, Bad Religion and songs by X, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, etc. that summer and so that's when I got into punk (bought a Bad Brains tape and Ramones Mania around that time, too), but I feel like I REALLY got into it when I heard more Black Flag and DKs stuff and Minor Threat the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

you're too cool for this thread..You know too much matt!! thats a good thing..Again, another "joking" post..
clash77

Return to daghouse