paul collins/ peter case

paul collins/ peter case

Postby clash77 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm probably alone here..but thats ok!! Began with the Nerves and...ok ..wont bother with the rest..
clash77

Re: paul collins/ peter case

Postby patient_ot » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 pm

I love the Nerves, but I don't know much about the post-Nerves stuff. I do think the first album by the Beat is quite good though...
patient_ot

Postby clash77 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:22 pm

patient_ot wrote:I love the Nerves, but I don't know much about the post-Nerves stuff. I do think the first album by the Beat is quite good though...

yea..the debut Beat lp is a classic..peter case fronted the Plimsouls..You can see them the Valley Girls movie! haha..but still a great band!!
clash77

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:06 am

World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby Gary » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:29 am

I'm only familiar with the Nerves,but love them,I've heard songs from other bands he's been in and really liked them. Never see the records around though.
Gary

Postby creature » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:04 am

creature

Postby JGJR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:39 pm

I love The Nerves. I saw Paul Collins back in 2010 at Bell House in New York. He was booked for The Big Takeover's 30th anniversary festival and he played solo. Anyway, after the show, I wanted to buy the vinyl version of One Way Ticket, the then recently released Nerves compilation that has their EP and some other stuff. He didn't have any copies left, but told me to give him the cash and that he would send it out that Monday. He also gave me his e-mail address. True to his word, he sent it out that Monday and I got it in the mail a few days later. He was true to his word. So that's my Paul Collins story. Oh and I liked his show, too. He was incredibly bitter about his experiences on a major label, though, but seemed genuinely excited about being an independent artist, etc.

As for Collins and Peter Case's later bands, I have also liked what I have heard, but only own the s/t Beat Lp (and like it). And I love "A Million Miles Away" and Valley Girl, too!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby john stabb » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:45 am

Fortunately, I attended the same gig JGJR was at & that 2 day party were 2 of the best day/nights of my life :!: More than worth buying tix inadvance/taking a bus there from MD :!: Paul was brilliant solo & one of the nicest fellows you could ever meet. I got that Nerves collection CD that afternoon. Love them Plimsouls & saw them do a reunion gig @ Jammin Java in VA --- AMAZING. 8-)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby JGJR » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:04 am

john stabb wrote:Fortunately, I attended the same gig JGJR was at & that 2 day party were 2 of the best day/nights of my life :!: More than worth buying tix inadvance/taking a bus there from MD :!: Paul was brilliant solo & one of the nicest fellows you could ever meet. I got that Nerves collection CD that afternoon. Love them Plimsouls & saw them do a reunion gig @ Jammin Java in VA --- AMAZING. 8-)

I'm glad you were able to make it up. It was more certainly more than worth driving from Philly to! I am still astonished by how great The Avengers, Mark Burgess, Visqueen and Channel 3 (just to name a few) were that weekend.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:57 pm

The Breakaways CD is also good.

Sir Stabb-I was at that Plimsouls show with you. I would be surprised if they ever played again. Eddie was cool to us.

Collins last solo record is also good. :bag:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby john stabb » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes, E-dog, you were @ the Plimsouls gig with me. It was awesome :!:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby scannest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 am

I;ve seen Paul with his band several times in the last few years and the shows have been consistently excellent. Got to see him and Peter play together at SXSW a few years ago right befor their tour imploded and that was great as well. Not exactly consistent when it comes to recorded output, but not to be missed live.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby tango fistula » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:16 am

Plimsouls are fabulous!
The first two by the Beat are excellent as well.
Saw one of the last Case/Collins shows...
Collins refused to speak to me or sign my Nerves 45...Case spent 20 minutes BSing with me and hanging out..Then BOOM no more tour.
I'm team Case at this juncture...dudes solo stuff is really good.
If you are a Plimsouls noob then get their "Live at the Whiskey"lp/cd...if you
like that then you will like everything else.
tango fistula

Return to daghouse