CH3 show - Girls w/ bags

CH3 show - Girls w/ bags

Postby Janelle » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 am

Okay, first off, a caveat- meanness ahead...

Okay, so we're at the show at the TINY Grand Victory (across the street from Trash Bar - where the last thing we saw was Angry Samoans - just so you know ha!!) and we walk in when The Krays (!) my boys were on and not too crowded yet. I thought Kraut were going on before CH3, as I think most people did, so the night before we actually bought tix cos we didn't wanna get there late and not be able to get in because we thought maybe more peole in NY knew Kraut than the illustrious CH3! (Like, the previous week we wanted to see Judge but it was at a super-small venue and sold out really fast.) So, anyway, The Krays finish and takes a little while for CH3 to come on. Then when they get on (and "Manzanar"! is like second! But then they say it was only a test... um ok) So they're on and in come these girls who I didn't notice till I was broadsided by this behemoth of a pocketbook. Like, really? You need that big a bag to go to a punk show? Then I see it's not just her but all her friends and I'm like what the f. And I'm getting perturbed, like not wanting to fight, but just say stuff under my breath and I know it's bad and not nice and even Matt's like stop haha! I'm just like get the f out of here. They're just talking; they don't know the band. Okay, I don't know what else to say other than, I know women love their accessories but keep it in perspective ha!!!!!! You don't need a bag that could serve as your body double. It's not like you need protection in the pit (if there is one) cos you're not going in there anyway. I was just in some mood last night! ha! At least it serves well when you have to go back on the LIRR and see all the f'n frat boys and girls. (Except it was pretty free of that last night! I was just riled up!!!!!!!)

Let the hate comments begin...
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Re: CH3 show - Girls w/ bags

Postby clash77 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:59 am

A change of clothes, a vibrator, a curling iron, a weeks supply of food, and maybe even a spare tire????? I dont know the fuck that was all about? Thats the "punk" scene these days I guess..There was a time when they would have been quickly identified and targeted by other women at the gig( and no one looking on would care) How times have changed!
clash77

Re: CH3 show - Girls w/ bags

Postby Janelle » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Wow since Matt's being nice I'll have to say it - all I could think of last night was that horrendous rape scene in Suburbia. I just kept mentioning Suburbia last night. Not that that should be done but I kept thinking of that. You know, in the early'80s.
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Return to daghouse