Red Hare pics from Seattle

Red Hare pics from Seattle

Postby creature » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:04 pm

creature

Re: Red Hare pics from Seattle

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 am

oh fuck man, i can't believe they played nine. i wish they had done it the night before. makes me wish i had driven up. i think they only did like 6 songs from the lp and the new song silver fish. i even asked dave if they had dropped the the idea of doing swiz stuff, they said they had practiced one song but it didn't feel right or something. oh well. how were heiress?
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby creature » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 am

I dug Heiress... heavy, slow-range stuff... the singer was sporting an SSD shirt and actually sounded like Springa a bit.
creature

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 am

creature wrote:I dug Heiress... heavy, slow-range stuff... the singer was sporting an SSD shirt and actually sounded like Springa a bit.

yeah, as you may know, that is pettibone from undertow and himsa.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:37 am

creature wrote:I dug Heiress... heavy, slow-range stuff... the singer was sporting an SSD shirt and actually sounded like Springa a bit.

Is that him in the crowd shot for one of the Red Hare pics? I did notice a guy wearing an SSD t-shirt.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby creature » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 am

JGJR wrote:

Is that him in the crowd shot for one of the Red Hare pics? I did notice a guy wearing an SSD t-shirt.

Yeah, that's the man. That pic was taken during "Nine."
creature

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:54 am

creature wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I hope there was a good sing-a-long for that one!
JGJR

Postby creature » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 pm

JGJR wrote:
creature wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I hope there was a good sing-a-long for that one!

Yeah, people were stoked!
creature

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:09 pm

They played SF on a school night.....it's an hour and a half drive for me, so no dice. I was bummed but there isn't a thing I can do about it. Been missing a lot of time at home going to shows and fests. Best to miss one or two.
Chris Shary

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Chris Shary wrote:They played SF on a school night.....it's an hour and a half drive for me, so no dice. I was bummed but there isn't a thing I can do about it. Been missing a lot of time at home going to shows and fests. Best to miss one or two.

When they played here (a significantly shorter drive/bike ride/SEPTA ride) back in May, our son had just been born a month earlier and with everything else that was going on then, I just couldn't do it. I hope they come back at some point.
JGJR

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Yeah when you're a dad it's amazing how quickly your priorities shift. I had spent 2 years working on the Big Boys "Wreck Collection" reissue and the finished CD's and vinyl showed up the day my son was born. I came home form the hospital, quickly glanced at them and fell asleep. Point being doing it was very important and cool working on the Big Boys project, but in comparison to having a child, I could really have cared less. I love being a dad.
Chris Shary

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Yeah when you're a dad it's amazing how quickly your priorities shift. I had spent 2 years working on the Big Boys "Wreck Collection" reissue and the finished CD's and vinyl showed up the day my son was born. I came home form the hospital, quickly glanced at them and fell asleep. Point being doing it was very important and cool working on the Big Boys project, but in comparison to having a child, I could really have cared less. I love being a dad.

I love the above post (and I own that Wreck Collection CD; I assume the Gern Blandsten reissue, right?).
JGJR

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Yup the Gern Blandsten one. Go back an dread the liner notes, it kinda details my quest to get that album reissued. It was not easy at all, but I am very proud of it!
Chris Shary

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:29 am

Chris Shary wrote:Yup the Gern Blandsten one. Go back an dread the liner notes, it kinda details my quest to get that album reissued. It was not easy at all, but I am very proud of it!

Will do! That CD actually might be accessible even though most of our CD collection is in storage now.
JGJR

Return to daghouse