Beach Boys / Blondie Chaplin content

Beach Boys / Blondie Chaplin content

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:34 pm

scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Beach Boys / Blondie Chaplin content

Postby scannest » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 pm

So, the Beach Boys drummer at the time went on to play Stig in the Rutles. Yeah sure, I'll buy that.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm

scannest wrote:So, the Beach Boys drummer at the time went on to play Stig in the Rutles. Yeah sure, I'll buy that.

It's true, though, but that was Ricky Fataar (the other member of the South African band Flame that was in the Beach Boys for a few years), not Blondie Chaplin. He was indeed Stig O'Hara whether you like it or not. :lol: Or do you mean that he was unconvincing as Stig (i.e. the Ringo character)? I've never seen the Rutles movie (yeah yeah, I know), so you may be right if so.

Oh and Chaplin sang "Sail on Sailor," which basically makes him a living legend in my eyes.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 pm

gregpolard wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ex-beach-boy-blondie-chaplin-reunites-with-brian-wilson-after-40-years-20131014

This is a cool little read.

That was a cool read indeed. Thanks for posting it. Before this article, I had no idea why Blondie and Ricky left. They left it kind of vague in that article (that stuff wasn't even in the really gossipy Beach Boys bio I have), so I'd like to know what really went down. Another thing to blame Mike Love for...boy it just never ends! :lol:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse