Top 5 Wire albums in correct order. (2018 edition)

Top 5 Wire albums in correct order. (2018 edition)

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:53 pm

1) "Pink Flag". Can't fuck with that one. Spotless. Well almost. 'Strange' is not my fave. J. Robbins stopped discussing Wire with me after I'd called this song a blemish. Sorry.

2) "154". 3rd album. Eno'-esque, drone-y, dreamy and loaded with beautiful guitar effect and a shitload of wonderful songs. Better than their 2nd album.

3) "The A List" (1985-1990: collection)
Not a proper album but that's not important. Smashing collection of 12" dance and way early electronica remixes by the band. This version of 'Eardrum Buzz' KILLS! All these radio promos are excellent. Definitely giving New Order head to head competition and they wore it on their sleeves.

4) "Change Becomes Us"
Flash forward to 2013 and a batch of songs written around 1979 during the "154" days. And it certainly sounds like it. "Time Lock Fog" still makes my mix tapes. LOVE that weirdo haunting Logan's Run-esqe pleasure shop cover.

5) Tie: "The Ideal Copy". Or "Manscape"
Both HEAVY on the dance. I can't pick a winner. I Love them both dearly. Have the tapes I think still although no tape player anymore.

I wish they'd STOP writing music for 2 years. Pick a permanent set list out of greatest hits and tour with that. But then it wouldn't be WIRE.

PLEASE NOTE: I left off 'Chairs Missing". This is intentional. Not an oversight. Its a good album. But after all the years, it does NOT hold up as one of their best. It has 'Outdoor Miner' which is a top 10 Wire SONG, but I find myself listening these other ALBUMS a hell of a lot more than 'Chairs Missing' in the long of it. Thanks.
Also....2017's 'Silver/Lead' is CLIMBING on my list. I find myself digging into that album a lot lately. "BRIO" is the best track on that one.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse