walking dead season 4 thread(Spoilers)

walking dead season 4 thread(Spoilers)

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:43 am

SPOILERS!

what did people think of the premiere? i was pretty skeptical going into it with low expectations after the way season 3 ended, and it looks like the bad writing continues. at least they killed off the nerdy kid and beth's boyfriend, as they seemed liked tools. the only cool scene was the zombie roof thing. the 4 minute preview trailer looked like they might pick it up this season, but maybe it will take awhile. think i'll give it till the hiatus and if it still sucks i am out. fall tv season has been pretty bad all around-boardwalk empire is back to season 1 form and homeland still seems like it blew its load season one(at least the first two episodes, didn't see tonight's yet).
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Re: walking dead season 4 thread(Spoilers)

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 am

I wasn't too impressed. I'd give it a B- or a C+ maybe as an episode. I dunno, I'm mostly just bitter that the network gives Talking Dead an hour but Talking Bad was only 30 minutes and to me, there's way more to talk about in regards to Breaking Bad than Walking Dead.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

gregpolard wrote:I wasn't too impressed. I'd give it a B- or a C+ maybe as an episode. I dunno, I'm mostly just bitter that the network gives Talking Dead an hour but Talking Bad was only 30 minutes and to me, there's way more to talk about in regards to Breaking Bad than Walking Dead.

eh, i never bothered to watch that shit. the show never really recovered after they fired darabont, and i just read that they hired the guy who wrote who wrote this episode as the new showrunner, so there go my hopes for this season. but yeah, this was pretty weak for an opening episode. this felt more like a filler episode. i guess it also comes down to the fact that they have killed off the good/interesting characters on this show and the ones they replaced them with are subpar, to say the least. shane and merle were the ones that gave the show some drive. even a guy like dale was more complex than rick.
yourenotevil

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 am

I thought it was solid but unspectacular. I pretty much knew what was going to happen with Rick and the weirdo lady. Rick's moral dilemma...can we regain our humanity, I get it. The zombies through the roof was cool. I'm curious to see where they are gonna go with this series but I've realized a while ago that this show is way more about cool, gory scenes than story. It took them a long time to develop any characters outside of Rick. Now they've added a whole bunch more, but I don't know if the show will succeed in making them interesting.
tad ghostal

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 am

tad ghostal wrote:I thought it was solid but unspectacular. I pretty much knew what was going to happen with Rick and the weirdo lady. Rick's moral dilemma...can we regain our humanity, I get it. The zombies through the roof was cool. I'm curious to see where they are gonna go with this series but I've realized a while ago that this show is way more about cool, gory scenes than story. It took them a long time to develop any characters outside of Rick. Now they've added a whole bunch more, but I don't know if the show will succeed in making them interesting.

Agree re: the gory scenes. The makeup is extraordinary. I just felt like this episode we were being bombarded with new characters...it felt like Game Of Thrones. HAHA
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am

tad ghostal wrote:I thought it was solid but unspectacular. I pretty much knew what was going to happen with Rick and the weirdo lady. Rick's moral dilemma...can we regain our humanity, I get it. The zombies through the roof was cool. I'm curious to see where they are gonna go with this series but I've realized a while ago that this show is way more about cool, gory scenes than story. It took them a long time to develop any characters outside of Rick. Now they've added a whole bunch more, but I don't know if the show will succeed in making them interesting.

yeah, the shit with rick is getting old. i agree with the gore over the story aspect, but that was kind of the point of what made this show different as opposed to a zombie movie. if they can't pick it up it won't be worth sticking around for, i just need something else from a tv show besides blood and guts. if you are going to be like sopranos and GOT and be killing off your characters all of the time, you best be sure you have someone good to replace them, and they have failed in that aspect completely.
yourenotevil

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:00 am

gregpolard wrote:

Agree re: the gory scenes. The makeup is extraordinary. I just felt like this episode we were being bombarded with new characters...it felt like Game Of Thrones. HAHA

Ha!, I didn't think about GOT, but that's true. I just hope that they develop this characters more than just one note. Like, I get it that one of the new guys is obviously an alcoholic (or recovering alcoholic). I just hope that's not all his character is, like he gets some booze and fucks something up and that's all we know him for.
tad ghostal

Return to daghouse