Thread For New Reissues

Thread For New Reissues

Postby Neal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Maybe a thread to consolidate them would be good? I'm mostly interested in punk stuff, but post whatever.

Target Of Demand - Man's Ruin

Just got reissued by Radiation Records out of Italy I guess. I grabbed it from a digital site. Has been on my want list for a long time.

The guitarist went on to Dissension, who reissued their 2 albums on CD a little while ago, but might be out of print now.
Neal

Re: Thread For New Reissues

Postby Neal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Life Sentence - Life Sentence

Finally! Have this on cassette and vinyl, but prefer CD and digital these days. And saves me from buying the Japanese bootleg CD for like $100.

Shirts and pre-order up on their bandcamp now.
Last edited by Neal on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neal

Postby Neal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Nip Drivers - Destroy Whitey / Oh Blessed Freakshow

Not a huge fan, but saw this where I found the Target Of Demand reissue too. Same stuff from the Taang CD reissue remastered on vinyl and digitally. On Slope Records.
Neal

Postby Neal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:48 pm

MIA - Notes From The Underground / After The Fact

In case you didn't see these, reissued on CD and digitally from Darla Records. I grabbed them pretty cheap from importCDs. Also got the Hard-Ons reissues and Mega City 4 for way cheaper than anywhere else.
Last edited by Neal on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neal

Postby version sound » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Moving Targets - The Other Side

This is a reissue of the made to order mailorder release a few years ago. Demos, radio sessions, etc.

http://bosstuneage.bigcartel.com/product/moving-targets-the-other-side-demos-and-sessions-expanded-cd
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Neal wrote:MIA - Notes From The Underground / After The Fact

In case you didn't see these, reissued on CD and vinyl (and probably digitally) from Darla Records. I grabbed them from here.

I bought the CDs of these last year. I'd love to have After the Fact on vinyl. I think these reissues are just CD and digital, though.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 pm

CABLE- It Cost Me Everything one-sided 12" of the first demo, split w/Malcolm's Lost(my band) & two-song 7"
very cool stuff. early look at what would become a very different.....Stoner Rock....band

SHUDDER TO THINK- Ten Spot I know it's been covered around here but I love this reissue of an all-time great album.
drew

Postby wALLton » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:53 am

In case you didn't see these, reissued on CD and vinyl (and probably digitally) from Darla Records. I grabbed them from here.

Cheers for the heads up! Great deal on Import CDs webstore. Trigger pulled. :)
wALLton

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:58 am

Omnivore did a great job with the Posies' Dear 23, and now they have a 2 CD reissue of their biggest seller (Frosting on the Beater):
http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/fros ... he-beater/
They're also doing vinyl re-issues as double discs pressed at 45rpm.

Another new reissue label, Intervention Records, is doing the 'classic' Matthew Sweet records (Girlfriend, Altered Beast, 100% Fun) on double CD sets and fancy shmamcy vinyl:
https://www.interventionrecords.com/art ... hew-sweet/
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby Neal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:33 pm

JGJR wrote:

I bought the CDs of these last year. I'd love to have After the Fact on vinyl. I think these reissues are just CD and digital, though.

oh yeah. edited the vinyl mention. the old vinyl must be reasonable now that these are out. i have multiple copies of notes from the underground, but maybe only one copy of after the fact.
Neal

Postby Neal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:35 pm

version sound wrote:Moving Targets - The Other Side

This is a reissue of the made to order mailorder release a few years ago. Demos, radio sessions, etc.

http://bosstuneage.bigcartel.com/product/moving-targets-the-other-side-demos-and-sessions-expanded-cd

love bosstuneage. kind of annoying that this doesn't seem in include all the bands that could be god studio versions.
Neal

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Neal wrote:
JGJR wrote:

oh yeah. edited the vinyl mention. the old vinyl must be reasonable now that these are out. i have multiple copies of notes from the underground, but maybe only one copy of after the fact.

After the Fact goes for about $20. I've seen it on occasion in used bins. I've never seen a copy of Notes, but maybe I'm just forgetting.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:03 pm

scannest wrote:Omnivore did a great job with the Posies' Dear 23, and now they have a 2 CD reissue of their biggest seller (Frosting on the Beater):
http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/fros ... he-beater/
They're also doing vinyl re-issues as double discs pressed at 45rpm.

Another new reissue label, Intervention Records, is doing the 'classic' Matthew Sweet records (Girlfriend, Altered Beast, 100% Fun) on double CD sets and fancy shmamcy vinyl:
https://www.interventionrecords.com/art ... hew-sweet/

I'm sure that the Matthew Sweet reissues will be really nice. I have one of their Joe Jackson releases (the first vinyl release of his 2000 live album Summer in the City) and it's stunning.

Omnivore's Big Star/Chilton/Chris Bell reissues are great, too.
JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Naked Raygun-Last of the Demohicans-on vinyl. Act fast if you want purple:

https://dyslexicrecords.bandcamp.com/al ... demohicans

:mrgreen:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby version sound » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 am

Amphetamine Reptile reisssued Queen of Siam by Lydia Lunch. The vinyl is pricey (about 3 times what I paid for an OG), but they have the CD for $5 (if you don’t mind the crappy new cover).

https://www.shoxop.com/collections/cheapy-5-cds/products/lydia-lunch-queen-of-siam-cd-reissue
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am

Uniform Choice - Screaming For Change (Southern Lord)

This came out a couple years ago and seemed to be in print anyway, but thought I'd mention it because of:

Unity - Blood Days (Kidnap Music/It's Alive)

Reissued as a 12" on Kidnap and a 7" with only the non "You Are One" songs on It's Alive. The Kidnap version is also available on digital sites. Didn't realize that "To Risk" was only available on the Lost & Found CD.
Neal

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am

Hard Stance - Foundation (Indecision)

I'm not sure why this is heralded as such a legendary band, but maybe you had to be there. I love old OC Hardcore and have their old CD, but never listen to them. Maybe the demo included on this tells a different story. I would have reissued Reason To Believe or One Step Ahead way over this.

Which reminds me:

Freewill - Sun Return (New Age)

The infamous Dag influenced band from the OC. This was reissued a couple years ago, but I just noticed it on digital sites as well.
Last edited by Neal on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neal

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am

Poison Idea - Feel The Darkness (Expanded Edition) (American Leather)

Just picked this up recently. The bonus stuff isn't too crucial, but I have 2 other versions of this CD and this one sounds the best.
Neal

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 am

Alligator Gun - Shirk

This is a digital re-release of our hometown pop punk heroes' 1st hard to find album, before recording with Bill and Stephen for their 2nd album. Includes the original album, 8 great sounding demo songs and a rare comp. track. FFO Big Drill Car, All, Gameface.
Neal

Postby Welly » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Last edited by Welly on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby Neal » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm

anyone ever hear of indian summer from virginia from the late 80's? never saw them mentioned on here. they just released a j. robbins produced recording and demo. not too shabby.

https://indiansummerva.bandcamp.com/album/cherry-smash-1988-demo

Late ‘80s Northern Virginia/DC area punk quartet Indian Summer recorded four songs with J. Robbins producing in Baltimore in 1989. Thirty years later, that four song session plus a demo are available on vinyl.

Issued on Fun With Tape Records - Limited to 294 copies pressed on “cherry smash” red vinyl. Includes two-sided 11x11” insert. Remastered by Tom Lyle in 2017.

Also included is a 3-song demo from a 1988 recording session in Northern Virginia.
Neal

Postby JGJR » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Welly wrote:Pretty tired of this micro industry of plastic and pollution. I tend to stick with the originals these days, especially when the double deluxe version with exclusive polished turd demos are the price of the rare old classics anyway.

Kinda where I'm at. I do buy reissues occasionally, but mostly used and when the originals/earlier pressings are difficult to get at all and/or not cheap at all. I'm glad those are repressed. Otherwise, my preference is definitely for older vinyl these days.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 pm

The Ruts - The Crack 40th Anniversary remastered vinyl out this week
lewdd

Postby FWT86WTW » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:31 am

Neal wrote:anyone ever hear of indian summer from virginia from the late 80's? never saw them mentioned on here. they just released a j. robbins produced recording and demo. not too shabby.

https://indiansummerva.bandcamp.com/album/cherry-smash-1988-demo

Late ‘80s Northern Virginia/DC area punk quartet Indian Summer recorded four songs with J. Robbins producing in Baltimore in 1989. Thirty years later, that four song session plus a demo are available on vinyl.

Issued on Fun With Tape Records - Limited to 294 copies pressed on “cherry smash” red vinyl. Includes two-sided 11x11” insert. Remastered by Tom Lyle in 2017.

Also included is a 3-song demo from a 1988 recording session in Northern Virginia.

Yep, we were from Northern Virginia, active from 1987-1989. When J Robbins came to the studio with us, he was still playing bass in GI.
He helps out with the background vocals on the record too.

We're also on the DC Spotlight comp that came out in 1988 (w/ Scream, Government Issue, Moss Icon and others)

https://www.discogs.com/Various-DC-Metr ... e/12218984

Look out for us to play a record release show in DC sometime this summer....
FWT86WTW

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:53 pm

earthdog70

Postby Neal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Odd Man Out - Odd Man Out

Steve Caballero's band after The Faction. I never really knew who their influences were, but cool moody, gothy, post punk type stuff with a touch of skate rock. Released digitally on Amazon, iTunes, Deezer, etc.

The Faction - Bunch of random live stuff and 4 newer songs

All their vinyl was reissued by Beer City years back, but they just digitally released some live shows and 4 songs they recorded around 2002. the 4 songs are on a digital release called "Sick, Tired, Hungry, Horny 2002," but were also just released on vinyl as "1982 All Over Again" on Spontaneous Combustion records.
Neal

Postby lewdd » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Spontaneous Combustion is MXV who used to post here years ago. He just saw The Faction play out West back in February.
lewdd

Postby wALLton » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:53 am

Neal wrote:Odd Man Out - Odd Man Out

Steve Caballero's band after The Faction. I never really knew who their influences were, but cool moody, gothy, post punk type stuff with a touch of skate rock. Released digitally on Amazon, iTunes, Deezer, etc.

All their vinyl was reissued by Beer City years back, but they just digitally released some live shows and 4 songs they recorded around 2002. the 4 songs are on a digital release called "Sick, Tired, Hungry, Horny 2002," but were also just released on vinyl as "1982 All Over Again" on Spontaneous Combustion records.

Cheers for the heads up on this Neal. Grabbed the Odd Man Out and went through the tracks on the 2x Faction Collection CDs and discovered it was only missing one track, as well as that 1982 All Over Again EP. Couldn't find it, but now see it's because the cover is the same as all the other "Bootleg Series" downloads and so assumed it was another live show, and the sound quality wasn't that great on those. Will grab those 4x tracks and complete my collection. Much appreciated.
wALLton

Postby drew » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:30 am

Neal wrote:Odd Man Out - Odd Man Out

That ODD MAN OUT album is great. I went to it after many years and I like it even more because the singer reminds me of Scott Reegers form Saint Vitus! What a cool record.....
drew

Postby Neal » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm

The Boneless Ones - Skate For The Devil

Not sure how many people were into these guys, but good skate rock/crossover stuff. On Beer City, who also re-released:

Adrenalin OD - Cruising With Elvis In Bigfoot's U.F.O.

Was really looking forward to this, but unfortunately, all the Beer City digital reissues are missing the cover songs. And not sure why the vinyl didn't add the songs from the "Theme From An Imaginary Midget Western" ep.
Last edited by Neal on Sun May 24, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neal

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 23, 2020 5:02 pm

JGJR wrote:
M.I.A "After the Fact" goes for about $20.

Their best.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Neal wrote:The Boneless Ones - Skate For The Devil

hell yes! Good one!
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Sun May 24, 2020 10:40 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:
M.I.A "After the Fact" goes for about $20.

Their best.

Agreed.
JGJR

Postby Neal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:52 pm

After Words - After Words

Just a digital reissue of their Sammich album and a live set on bandcamp.
https://after-words-atlanta.bandcamp.com/
Neal

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Was excited to see this got a reissue last month. The song on Bandcamp does sound better than the one on KBD#13 so really cleaned up by Geza X. However it looks like Kevin Hunter (of Wire Train) may not have been on this recording:

http://www.snotpuppies.com/

http://www.invisiblemachines.com/snotpuppies1.htm

I picked it up via Grave Mistake.
earthdog70

Postby lewdd » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Sept RSD

This Are Two Tone
Dance Craze
lewdd

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am

For those of you who like their indie pop all jangly and chimey, this looks to be an expertly put together comp:

http://strumandthrum.bandcamp.com/album ... -1983-1987
scannest

Postby Dinko » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:07 pm

godeffindamnit. that's quite a heap.

https://bobmould.com/category/news/
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm

Paranoid super deluxe is coming out on vinyl:

https://store.rhino.com/paranoid-super-deluxe-edition.html
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Neal » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:38 pm

Dinko wrote:godeffindamnit. that's quite a heap.

https://bobmould.com/category/news/

that's a lotta mould.
Neal

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:38 pm

lewdd wrote:Sept RSD

This Are Two Tone
Dance Craze

Want; I've got an original Dance Craze Lp and that big 2 CD box of This are Two Tone, but still...
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:59 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:Sept RSD

This Are Two Tone
Dance Craze

Want; I've got an original Dance Craze Lp and that big 2 CD box of This are Two Tone, but still...

I have:

Dance Craze original LP and CD
This Are Two Tone original LP and CD
The Two Tone Story 2LP and CD
The Best of Two Tone CD and 2LP
The Two Tone Collection: A Checkered Past 2CD
The Compact 2 Tone Story 4CD
A Taste of Two-Tone CD
Totally 2 Tone CD
2 Tone 7" Treasures 12 7ins

and I have the Two Tone the Albums 8CD box set that is coming out on 9/4 on order from popmarket.

But, I'm still going to get copies of those new RSD items that are remastered at half speed on 180gm vinyl. the 40th anniversary edition of The Specials that I have on remastered 180gm half speed 45prm vinyl sounds incredible.
lewdd

Postby Neal » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am

The Catatonics - Hunted Down

Coming out on Southern Lord soon I guess. Looks like it might include some other stuff too.

Negative Gain - Back From The Dead

CD reissue on Marquee Records just came out recently. Includes their demo.
Neal

Postby jaybird » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm

20th anniversary Guided By Voices - Isolation Drills 2x 45rpm 180 gram 12" vinyl... really cool packaging:

jaybird

Postby drew » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:03 pm

jaybird wrote:20th anniversary Guided By Voices - Isolation Drills 2x 45rpm 180 gram 12" vinyl... really cool packaging:

Great album. Always had a soft-spot for this one because at the time they were on TVT a friend of mine was their publicist so I saw about 5 shows on this tour and got to drink with them once.....which was me having too many cocktails very quickly and puking on the street cause I missed the garbage can. Good times :?
I def go back to this album a lot.
drew

Postby jaybird » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:42 pm

drew wrote:
jaybird wrote:20th anniversary Guided By Voices - Isolation Drills 2x 45rpm 180 gram 12" vinyl... really cool packaging:

Great album. Always had a soft-spot for this one because at the time they were on TVT a friend of mine was their publicist so I saw about 5 shows on this tour and got to drink with them once.....which was me having too many cocktails very quickly and puking on the street cause I missed the garbage can. Good times :?
I def go back to this album a lot.

Yeah the late 90s/early 00s run of albums from Mag Earwig! through Half Smiles of the Decomposed is fucking great. Their best lineup for sure:

jaybird

Postby lewdd » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Maybe there is another one of you that might lurk on here that may be interested in this in addition to me.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/oi- ... d9d7e8fdfb

Anyone buying this one?

https://www.popmarket.com/destroyer-45t ... 2438184088
lewdd

Postby scannest » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:18 pm

ISOLATION DRILLS is an absolute favorite GBV record. So many great songs, fantastic production.
scannest

Return to daghouse