derek riggs or raymond pettibon

derek riggs or raymond pettibon

Postby clash77 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:33 pm

different subject matter obviously ..the artwork for both maiden and b flag..priceless!!!
clash77

Re: derek riggs or raymond pettibon

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 am

They both have radically different styles, both are pretty iconic, and both have apparently been treated pretty shitty by the powers that be who run the bands.
tad ghostal

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:13 pm

I watched a few youtube clips about Raymond recently and he seems like he got a touch of the Asperger's. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it kinda explains some things. I had also not heard about the breaking point between BF and him being that the Loose Nut artwork (cover and insert) was used without his consent and that Bill kinda fucked up the art on the insert. The two posters he made of Greg and Ginn were pretty fucking funny, too bad Greg destroyed most of them. Since the girl from Arrested Development interview him (if that is what you call it) and drink shots with him was kinda odd and uncomfortable.
FlexMyHead

Postby soulforce » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Schulz.
soulforce

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:46 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:I watched a few youtube clips about Raymond recently and he seems like he got a touch of the Asperger's. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it kinda explains some things. I had also not heard about the breaking point between BF and him being that the Loose Nut artwork (cover and insert) was used without his consent and that Bill kinda fucked up the art on the insert. The two posters he made of Greg and Ginn were pretty fucking funny, too bad Greg destroyed most of them. Since the girl from Arrested Development interview him (if that is what you call it) and drink shots with him was kinda odd and uncomfortable.

Which girl from AD? Portia deRossi? And which Bill? Stevenson? Please explain!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm

soulforce wrote:Schulz.

Bill Watterson
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm

tad ghostal wrote:They both have radically different styles, both are pretty iconic, and both have apparently been treated pretty shitty by the powers that be who run the bands.
yea ted..i agree with this..
clash77

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 pm

JGJR wrote:Which girl from AD? Portia deRossi? And which Bill? Stevenson? Please explain!

I couldn't access youtube at work but it was Maeby Funke and Bill Stevenson.

Here are the clips I was talking about, both enjoyable.

1st one is him in studio, more about his art but seems like she doesn't really know what to ask him. Him and the shot thing is odd.

2nd one is more punk art focused with Keith, Henry, Flea and Chuck talking very candidly and Henry sharing some stories I haven't heard/read before. More about Raymond, than with him (first thing he says is "My name is Raymond Pettibon and I designed this motherfucking thing", which is pretty awesome).

FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:02 am

I'll watch those when I have a chance. Thanks! I wasn't even thinking of Alia Showkat though I should have been as I've had a crush on her for years!
JGJR

Return to daghouse