Lee is Free

Lee is Free

Postby version sound » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 am

pitchfork wrote:A couple of weeks ago, Ranaldo wrote—knowledgably and adoringly—about a documentary capturing a 1972 Grateful Dead concert. (He previously tipped his hat to the group’s ultimate live collection from the same year, Europe 72, here on Pitchfork.) And he acknowledges the Dead’s influence on his current experiment with the Dust: “So I was looking at them as a model for some of the exploratory passages that the Dust and I have recently been attempting. Watching the Dead up on the screen was a real lesson in how it’s done.”

I did actually think of the Dead when I heard this record...so...I guess he nailed it?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Lee is Free

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:44 am

I don't care how much he loves the Grateful Dead, I'm still going to buy his new record.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby version sound » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 am

I like the Dead and I like this record. I think I described it to JGJR as sounding like SY playing classic rock. I did specifically have the Dead in mind when I wrote that.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 am

I had no idea he was already releasing a new record. I feel like the other one just came out.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Return to daghouse