I had a dream I saw Dag Nasty last night

I had a dream I saw Dag Nasty last night

Postby Marc M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Peter was singing, and playing 2nd guitar. And they only played cover songs, one of which was an English Beat song. People were bummed. Afterwards Brian told me his last royalty check from Dischord bounced.
Marc M

Re: I had a dream I saw Dag Nasty last night

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 pm

I had a dream you beat me in chess last night Marc.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Marc I got a new turntable and some sweet ass Klipsch speakers and I'm going to slowly start digitizing all my records (old hard drive crashed and Lewdd and his Soulseek goldmine of mp3 from records are long gone!) and I was just listening to that Pollen Art record. What was the story with the BB rock-n-roll jam solo? You might have told us before, but I can just picture BB in a a vest without a shirt on ripping off that lead!

FlexMyHead

Postby Marc M » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Ha, Brian was in full on Junkyard mode when we recorded that, but sadly no shirtless vest look. Our lead guitarist tried to do a solo on that song but nothing was clicking, so I gave Brian a call and he came out the next weekend while we were doing vocals and did that lead in two takes. He asked if I wanted something more like Marginal Man, but I told him just to rock the fuck out. He also did some of the palm muted rhythm guitar on that song which sounded way better than either of us could do. He was invited to do some backing vocals but declined. All total, he was probably in the studio with us for an hour.

After he left, our producer Rich Andrews (you probably saw him in Filmage) asked if Brian was in "some metal band" now or something. He knew him from recording the Doggy Rock record (released as Doggy Style).
Marc M

Return to daghouse