Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:49 am

Meh. I never saw the original, so I don't know why I even bothered watching the sequel.

It looked nice and pretty and depressing though.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 pm

The original is one of my favorite films. I have the 5 disc blu-ray and I've watched everything on it.

The sequel-the plot was weak. The villians didn't really seem dangerous like in the first one. Sorry on first glance-pass. :roll:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

I saw it in the theater for the visual experience and it didn't fail to deliver. Plot was so-so. The whole "it's all about killing and control women" kinda went over my head. If you like stunning visuals/sound effects and hot holographic women, check it out!
FlexMyHead
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:I saw it in the theater for the visual experience and it didn't fail to deliver. Plot was so-so. The whole "it's all about killing and control women" kinda went over my head. If you like stunning visuals/sound effects and hot holographic women, check it out!



I loved the visuals. It made my depression look like a very cool place to be.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby SPACELOVE » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 am

I loved this movie.

Denis Villeneuve somehow cracked the legacyquel code and delivered a visually engaging and emotionally satisfying follow up to one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time.

It somehow stands on its own and yet simutaneously relies heavily on the plot of the original to give you something unique, yet familiar.

The Joi subplot was also exploring ideas I've seen in other movies like HER but again, this movie has it's own voice and feels fresh.

I suppose it's fitting that you could definitively say that Blade Runner 2049 is not a replicant but it certainly is the natural child of Blade Runner.

Villeneuve's next movie? DUNE. Count me in.
SPACELOVE
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby Beach Log » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Meh. I never saw the original, so I don't know why I even bothered watching the sequel.

It looked nice and pretty and depressing though.


You should watch Flight of the Navigator. That might be more your speed sci-fi wise.
User avatar
Beach Log
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 pm

Beach Log wrote:
You should watch Flight of the Navigator. That might be more your speed sci-fi wise.


He should start with Flight of the motherfucking Bumblebee....

FlexMyHead
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wALLton and 5 guests

cron