Trump is a fucking jerkoff

Re: Trump is a fucking jerkoff

Postby version sound » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

One with the mental acuity of a toddler, which is what we have.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Fiscally resposible Republicans who just put a trillion dollar tax break on the nation's credit card before funding CHiP benefits for kids.

Now this.

UN-F'N REAL
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:47 am

Finally, a Midge post I'm not gonna make fun of!
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 am

Quoting the article and as someone who was born in a totalitarian country, I couldn't agree with this more. "“I don’t think there’s a lack of love and respect for our armed forces in the United States,” said Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University. “What are they going to do, stand there while Donald Trump waves at them? It smacks of something you see in a totalitarian country — unless there’s a genuine, earnest reason to be doing it.”
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:38 pm

5 time draft dodger wants a military parade. How heart warming. All to compensate for him having NO DICK.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby neutral knieval » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm

we might get rid of trump but we're stuck with the people who support this kind of shit. which seems to be more than a worrysome amount
neutral knieval

Postby Beach Log » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Stuff

Do you complain about Fleet Week too?
Beach Log

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 am

Beach Log wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Stuff

Do you complain about Fleet Week too?

Only when the sailors are straight.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm

I was hoping Sam would post here and get a proper thread going
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby scannest » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:43 am

XBambi's RevengeX wrote:I was hoping Sam would post here and get a proper thread going

Yeah, I'd love to hear from a conservative/libertarian Floridian this morning.
scannest

Postby Welly » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Last edited by Welly on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Welly wrote:

Now there's a fucking understatement.

As of 5PM today, he's an un-indicted felon.

So there.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 pm

scannest wrote:
XBambi's RevengeX wrote:I was hoping Sam would post here and get a proper thread going

Being pro choice, atheist, pro drug and prostitution legalization, pro gay marriage, and not against corporate regulations for several industries, it blows my mind that people think I’m conservative. Either people are content to make hard calls with barely any evidence, or American politics are polarized, skewed and shifted to such a degree that it’s not even worth discussing, anymore. Maybe a little bit of both. I really do believe people have lost their collective minds and ability to look at issues with objectivity and/or cold logic when it comes to this subject. Anyhow, I refuse to choose a ‘side’. I know that’s absolutely impossible for some people to grapple with. How odd.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm

SamDBL wrote:
Being pro choice, atheist, pro drug and prostitution legalization, pro gay marriage, and not against corporate regulations for several industries, it blows my mind that people think I’m conservative. Either people are content to make hard calls with barely any evidence, or American politics are polarized, skewed and shifted to such a degree that it’s not even worth discussing, anymore. Maybe a little bit of both. I really do believe people have lost their collective minds and ability to look at issues with objectivity and/or cold logic when it comes to this subject. Anyhow, I refuse to choose a ‘side’. I know that’s absolutely impossible for some people to grapple with. How odd.

As long as you're on board with the fact that this bullshit fake ass president is, by the minute getting deeper and deeper in his own puddle of shit and will need impeachment soon, I'm ok.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

As long as you're on board with the fact that this bullshit fake ass president is, by the minute getting deeper and deeper in his own puddle of shit and will need impeachment soon, I'm ok.

Truthfully, despite having him thrown in front of my face every waking minute, I haven’t paid much attention to him. So far, the direct impact on my life has been about the same as the last 4 presidents, give or take a few dollars. But I have seen, first hand, people I’m close with (including relatives) have their mental states put in a perepetual state of chaos by being addicted to the soap opera of this presidency. So I have made a conscious effort to not give a shit. Two years have flown by. And I suspect that in two more years, someone else will be in there. And I’ll continue to not care. As far as politics go, I’m strictly about specific issues. Even then, there are only a couple that I have strong opinions about.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm

SamDBL wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

Truthfully, despite having him thrown in front of my face every waking minute, I haven’t paid much attention to him. So far, the direct impact on my life has been about the same as the last 4 presidents, give or take a few dollars. But I have seen, first hand, people I’m close with (including relatives) have their mental states put in a perepetual state of chaos by being addicted to the soap opera of this presidency. So I have made a conscious effort to not give a shit. Two years have flown by. And I suspect that in two more years, someone else will be in there. And I’ll continue to not care. As far as politics go, I’m strictly about specific issues. Even then, there are only a couple that I have strong opinions about.

Ok. so you were just really browsing the topic called "Trump is a fucking jerkoff" :lol:
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

Ok. so you were just really browsing the topic called "Trump is a fucking jerkoff" :lol:

Well it’s a JLisa thread. Which means I have to read it because JLisa is one of my favorite people. Anyhow, I would never say Trump is not a jerk off. I just try not to dwell on it. For my own personal sanity.
SamDBL

Postby target » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Sam— I respect and admire your ability to distance yourself from the chaos of this presidency— seriously. It’s probably good for your your mental health and I wish I could disengage more sometimes.

But I find it perplexing that you would criticize others for their lack of objectivity and cold logic while championing the belief that because the administration hasn’t impacted *your* life that all is okay. That is the very definition of a subjective political viewpoint, and by logical extension embraces a solitary, isolated viewpoint that I fear, if held by more fellow citizens, will further erode civil society.

Also, maybe I’m hysterical, but as a Jew and a journalist, I really don’t feel safer under this president.

I want people to empathize with this fear I have... and I want to better understand how others feel regardless of who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave
target

Postby SamDBL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 pm

target wrote:Sam— I respect and admire your ability to distance yourself from the chaos of this presidency— seriously. It’s probably good for your your mental health and I wish I could disengage more sometimes.

But I find it perplexing that you would criticize others for their lack of objectivity and cold logic while championing the belief that because the administration hasn’t impacted *your* life that all is okay. That is the very definition of a subjective political viewpoint, and by logical extension embraces a solitary, isolated viewpoint that I fear, if held by more fellow citizens, will further erode civil society.

Also, maybe I’m hysterical, but as a Jew and a journalist, I really don’t feel safer under this president.

I want people to empathize with this fear I have... and I want to better understand how others feel regardless of who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

I’m not exactly criticizing. I’m giving my viewpoint of why *I* refuse to get caught up in the Trump chaos. The logic/reason thing is more of a commentary of the surrounding hysteria that would lead people to comfortably assume I am a conservative, for example. I feel this game of being forced to swear allegiances to one side or be consigned to the other is outrageous.
Re: empathy: people feel all kinds of stuff. I don’t make it my business rule my life by the concerns of the entire world. As far as American presidents go, I am mostly concerned with how my life, the life of my family and the life of my close circle of friends are affected (and I have a very diverse group in that circle). I’m not the activist that everyone else sees themselves as. I’m a realist. That is different than saying that if nazis roamed the streets and people were getting rounded up, I’d go about my happy way. But there is no doubt that in today’s climate, that’s what something as noble as minding your own business will be catagorized as (some sort of enabler of nazis). But part of why I continue to boycott politics is because it is legitimately hysterical at the moment. Much of the information being presented from every side seems extraordinarily distorted. So instead of sifting through an endless myriad of websites trying to get the objective truth about things... I just feel like that’s not how I want to spend my life right now. I’ll let you guys (not you, specifically, necessarily) worry about it if that’s what you choose. And I’ll see you all in the voting booth in two years. Until then, I have other stuff to do that’s important to me. Tend to my children, put out records for flex to rag on, etc. I’m not judging people for endlessly venting online, if that’s what they want to do. I assume it makes them feel good, or something. Nothing personal, but it has the opposite effect on me, So I’d love it if people didn’t judge me for wanting to do other stuff, instead.
SamDBL

Postby target » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Some of this makes sense to me, some doesn’t— but thank you for a detailed, personal post
target

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 am

SamDBL wrote:Anyhow, I would never say Trump is not a jerk off. I just try not to dwell on it. For my own personal sanity.

Here are my thoughts on that.

Sometimes, I think you're right. In the past 15+ years I'd become consumed with the news and I know and agree that it's probably not healthy. My Facebook and Twitter feeds are a stream of CNN, ABC, BBC, MSNBC, etc.. and various more left leaning outlets like WaPo, NY Times, etc.. and their individual writers and contributors. I also use the new-ish Microsoft News app with integrated feeds that includes Fox News (headlines only...NO, I'm not for the most part interested in the stories unless its Chris Wallace or Shep Smith presenting them)

With Trump, every day is a new catastrophe and his administration are constantly chipping away at our democracy and working to accelerate the deterioration of the environment. It's a wonder how he hasn't gotten us into a war yet. The point is, I have tried to keep the whole thing in a mental 'check' for purposes of sanity, but the hate crimes, attacks on voting rights, etc... keep bringing me back to the news like a drug on a constant basis for the simple need to be able to act upon it. Protests, petitions, marches, vote, mobilize other voters in my locale. General activism. That's the only thing that helps me stay sane now.

I don't have any of my own, but I do have 4 impressionable young kids in my immediate family that I'm with all the time and that I have an influence on. I take every issue with them growing up seeing a President who is a very sick, pathological liar, acting as a national role model for America. So, there's that. I absolutely know where you are coming from. The news is TOTALLY maddening. But for me, doing nothing is even worse.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:55 am

Well I do keep up on events. Im not saying I ignore everything in the world. I believe im pretty well informed. I just 100% refuse to get emotionally invested in this circus or the man/asshole that it is centered around. The last president I remember actually *hating* was Bush jr. Looking back, whether he was deserving of it or not, my hatred did nothing but frustrate the living shit out of me on a daily basis. He got elected twice, never knew I existed, and I lived through it. Pretty much the exact same thing that happened with Obama when I *wasnt * at all emotionally connected, but whom I also thought was a pretty terrible president. Now I watch, for example, my poor, 70+ year old mother live out her retirement years on a constant verge of tears of anger and frustration from constantly watching Rachel maddow and the view pretty much 24/7. A lot of my friends seem to be in the same boat, judging from Facebook (I am not speaking about you, so please dont take offense). So ive limited myself to trying to stick to the facts, the policies, and the effect they have on my life, directly, for the most part. If someone wants to know where I stand on some specific issue, I guess They can ask. I still have no idea why anyone would care, though.
If the argument is that the country is on the verge of collapse ala roman empire style, and that we are about to start seeing people roinded up and shot for disagreeing with the govt, etc, and therefore I should join the revolution by getting perpetually wound up over donald Trump (I still dont see what good that does.. Either vote for him, or don't)... You'll have to convince of that. And it would be an uphill battle. As I said l, the objective truth to these matters is an endless black hole of experts refuting experts. And I dont have that kind of time to waste over things like spats between narccisistic journalists and self absorbed politicians.
The only thing really pisses me off these days is people that refuse to let me out of the game withoit judgement. If I mention one position that doesnt align, then I am cast to the other side. The other side being 'deplorable idiots'. Or if I dont comment or get worked up enough abput something, its because I dont care. Again, im a realist. I will vote with as much knowledge of the facts that I can verify and issues that are important to me, and thats all this system is going to get out of me. Everything else seems pointless to me. But again, if its something that you derive pleasure out of, or whatever, have at it. I'm,not judging at all. I just ask for the same.
SamDBL

Postby lewdd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:45 pm

...Welly was here
lewdd

Postby jaybird » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

I just think that it was time we had an un-fucking-believeable asshole as president.
jaybird

Postby scannest » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 am

SamDBL wrote:
scannest wrote:

Hey, I wrote that back in February. I didn't know you as well then as I do now.
scannest

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 pm

scannest wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
scannest wrote:

Hey, I wrote that back in February. I didn't know you as well then as I do now.

he's not as 'metal any more. I'm not very impressed lately by his enthusiasm in the heavy music category.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 pm

I havent been in a metal mood, lately. However, I did contribute to the Brian walsby metal threads on FB, if that counts. Fyi, I declared celtic frost the winner of everything.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm

SamDBL wrote:I havent been in a metal mood, lately. However, I did contribute to the Brian walsby metal threads on FB, if that counts. Fyi, I declared celtic frost the winner of everything.

What's really funny is that I really thought the first Triptykon album was going to be impossible to outdo sonically , but then they did 'Melana Chasmata' and the bass frequencies wound up being so devastating heavy I conceded to be wrong.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse