Today's argument: We Love GMOs and Vaccines

Today's argument: We Love GMOs and Vaccines

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 pm

So I joined a Facebook group called We Love GMOs and Vaccines.

I'd always been somewhat brainstalked to believe that GMOs were evil and the enemy.
These folk seem to think not from what I am reading.

Anyhoo, Anti-vaxxers are indeed a weird and dangerous breed, but its kinda odd to see a group pairing these unlikely bedfellows.

I will let you know my observations.

M.F. Lightweight
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Today's argument: We Love GMOs and Vaccines

Postby Beach Log » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 pm

There is zero scientific evidence that GMOs pose any danger. GMO haters, though less noxious, are much like anti-vaxxers.
Beach Log

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:05 am

Beach Log wrote:There is zero scientific evidence that GMOs pose any danger. GMO haters, though less noxious, are much like anti-vaxxers.

:shock:

So then you're not signing up for the March against Monsanto?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby captain2man » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Assuming humans aren't going to change their dietary habits and all of a sudden become vegans, GMOs are what prevents world-wide starvation. Population growth is far faster than what we can grow organically.

There is no peer-researched scientific evidence (the only type of scientific evidence that actually matters) that says GMOs are any less safe than organically grown food.

And the truth is - we've been genetically modifying the foods that we've eaten for thousands of years. The vast varieties of apples, for example, is only because of human intervention. I'm pretty sure there would be no edible corn without human manipulation.

Up until very recently, I've always associated scientific ignorance with conservatives (creationism over evolution; global warming is a hoax, etc.)

But there is no doubt that some scientific ignorance has come from more liberal factions as well (anti-vaxx, anti-GMO, 9/11 Truth Movement).
captain2man

Return to daghouse