When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:07 am

RAG
Rag, your face is like my uncle
My uncle is a jungle
A jungle is a tangle
A tangle makes you strangle.

And Rag, a rose is not a robot and whores in need of hose

Save three cents for thin ski pants. And Rag, you chose your hell a whole lot, and

Then you complain when you find your hole's too deep and too hot.

And Rag, a rose is not a robot and whores in need of hose

Save three cents for thin ski pants
ski pants
ski pants
ski pants
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby scannest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 am

Now I know you're joshing. We used to recite these lines and laugh ourselves silly. Silly I tell ya!

Aquaman could confirm, but he just lurks around here without posting.
"Maybe if Lewdd posts pics of barbecued salmon, you can post pictures of sushi?" -Jimmy Heartburn
User avatar
scannest
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:RAG
Rag, your face is like my uncle
My uncle is a jungle
A jungle is a tangle
A tangle makes you strangle.

And Rag, a rose is not a robot and whores in need of hose

Save three cents for thin ski pants. And Rag, you chose your hell a whole lot, and

Then you complain when you find your hole's too deep and too hot.

And Rag, a rose is not a robot and whores in need of hose

Save three cents for thin ski pants
ski pants
ski pants
ski pants


This brings up memories of playing my cassette of Ten Spot (and this song in particular amongst others) constantly in high school.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am

JGJR wrote:This brings up memories of playing my cassette of Ten Spot (and this song in particular amongst others) constantly in high school.



College for me. :D :shock: :D

HEART AND FLOWERS AND LOVE
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:48 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:This brings up memories of playing my cassette of Ten Spot (and this song in particular amongst others) constantly in high school.



College for me. :D :shock: :D

HEART AND FLOWERS AND LOVE


On the Motherfucking Rain, too; and About 3 Dreams; over and over and over. I could go on (and often have). I'm toying with picking up the blue vinyl reissue, though I don't really need it as I have an OG.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am

JGJR wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:This brings up memories of playing my cassette of Ten Spot (and this song in particular amongst others) constantly in high school.



College for me. :D :shock: :D

HEART AND FLOWERS AND LOVE


On the Motherfucking Rain, too; and About 3 Dreams; over and over and over. I could go on (and often have). I'm toying with picking up the blue vinyl reissue, though I don't really need it as I have an OG.



Oh yes YES YES YES!....OH GAWD YES!
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

The CORRECT answer is RED HOUSE
XBambi's RevengeX
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 pm

XBambi's RevengeX wrote:The CORRECT answer is RED HOUSE



Not bad. Its ok. But its but its not like imma shave my head and fight some one over it.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:46 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
XBambi's RevengeX wrote:The CORRECT answer is RED HOUSE



Not bad. Its ok. But its but its not like imma shave my head and fight some one over it.



Feh
XBambi's RevengeX
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:49 pm

XBambi's RevengeX wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
XBambi's RevengeX wrote:The CORRECT answer is RED HOUSE



Not bad. Its ok. But its but its not like imma shave my head and fight some one over it.



Feh


Love Red House and the rest of Funeral just as much, too.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby pedro » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:26 pm

One of my favorite bands in the mid-late 80's. I saw them a lot. More then 20 times probably? I saw them a couple of times before It Was Arson. They used to do a great cover of "Uncontrollable Urge" back then. I will always remember the It Was Arson release party at d.c. space. They were great. That was a really fun night. For the next few years they were always great.

My initial thought is that I love all the indie albums, but to be honest, Get Your Goat is kinda meh for me. I remember Chris had left before the album had actually been released. I saw them before record was out but after Chris had left. Mike was still there, but the spark was gone. I'm pretty sure I was never really enthused about Get Your Goat because of that show. I own it, but I can't tell you the last time I played it. All the others get played occasionally.

When I heard "Hit Liquor" I knew it was over. I've probably heard Pony Express in it's entirety once or twice and I don't believe I have ever heard the 5 Billion BC (or whatever) record. In fairness to the new version of the band, I was rapidly losing interest in rock music in general at that point of my life. So maybe it was just me.

Shudder to Think...Craig, Chris, Stuart and Mike. Awesome. In my mind, Nathan will always be the guy from Mind Science of the Mind.
When wealth is passed off as merit, bad luck is seen as bad character. This is how ideologues justify punishing the sick and poor. But poverty is neither a crime nor a character flaw. Stigmatise those who let people die, not those who struggle to live.
pedro
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:36 am

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby aquaman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Logging in to confirm Scanny. The "ski pants" part had us in stitches.
aquaman
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:00 pm

aquaman wrote:Logging in to confirm Scanny. The "ski pants" part had us in stitches.


:roll:

Thanks for gracing us with your presence. We'll hold the fort here while you have a real life. You shant get away with that one.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm

pedro wrote: In my mind, Nathan will always be the guy from Mind Science of the Mind.


In my mind Nathan was great in Swiz. but he was certainly unacceptable in Shudder. It was over when Chris left. OVER.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby JGJR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 am

pedro wrote:My initial thought is that I love all the indie albums, but to be honest, Get Your Goat is kinda meh for me. I remember Chris had left before the album had actually been released. I saw them before record was out but after Chris had left. Mike was still there, but the spark was gone. I'm pretty sure I was never really enthused about Get Your Goat because of that show. I own it, but I can't tell you the last time I played it. All the others get played occasionally.


The first time I saw them was in April 1992 opening for Fugazi at City Gardens. IIRC, Mike was still there, but Chris had left by that point. The 2nd time I saw them was in August 1992, this time headlining at City Gardens with Jawbox opening. I'm pretty certain it was the Craig/Nathan/Stuart/Adam lineup and it was incredible. I love Get Your Goat, but not as much as the 2 previous records.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:23 am

Yeah those lyrics are straight up wacky. Pretty sure he has said that he was looking for certain sounds and blends that made his voice sound a certain way, like a mood or feeling. Have to give it to him he treated his lyrics as another layer of instrumentation. He also played in cut-off denim overalls and construction boots. He gave ZERO FUCKS.
FlexMyHead
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby gregpolard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:29 am

You're right Midge! They were great when they were on EPIC!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am

gregpolard wrote:You're right Midge! They were great when they were on EPIC!



I never liked you, Greg.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby the mean » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:06 am

Can we talk about how good this song is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXzdrOpCuE
User avatar
the mean
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby gregpolard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:You're right Midge! They were great when they were on EPIC!



I never liked you, Greg.


Better be vegan, GW
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am

the mean wrote:Can we talk about how good this song is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXzdrOpCuE


Its pretty good. I like it.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: When Shudder to Think was EPIC!

Postby isolation73 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:12 am

isolation73
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Denver, CO


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron