MISFITS in NJ with Suicidal and Murphy's Law

MISFITS in NJ with Suicidal and Murphy's Law

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 am

May 19 at the Prudential Center. Who'd have thought? :lol:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: MISFITS in NJ with Suicidal and Murphy's Law

Postby scannest » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:29 am

I really like the MISFITS, but no one with any shred of dignity left can justify going to that show.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 am

I'm told tickets start at the punk rock price of $49.50.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Hal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:34 am

When is the PRB Asbury Park lineup getting announced?!?
Hal

Postby scannest » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm

gregpolard wrote:I'm told tickets start at the punk rock price of $49.50.

But hey, that includes an opening set by MURPHY'S LAW. It's not like you can see them every other week for $15 at one of a dozen different shithole bars in the tri-state area.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:30 pm

scannest wrote:

But hey, that includes an opening set by MURPHY'S LAW. It's not like you can see them every other week for $15 at one of a dozen different shithole bars in the tri-state area.

LOL I was actually thinking "I've seen multiple people post in the last couple weeks footage from an under attended Murphy's Law show and now they're opening at the Prudential Center".
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:38 pm

scannest wrote:I really like the MISFITS, but no one with any shred of dignity left can justify going to that show.

I saw on FB that Jason Farrell went to the L.A. show (and loved it). The exception that proves the rule? If they came to DC and it was $25 or less, I'd go.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby drew » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 pm

I decided not to go. $250 floor GA? No, thanks. $50 for nosebleeds? Seeing The Misfits from 200 yds. away doesn't do it for me.
Many folks I know are going tho, thats the tempting part...
drew

Postby JGJR » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 pm

drew wrote:I decided not to go. $250 floor GA? No, thanks. $50 for nosebleeds? Seeing The Misfits from 200 yds. away doesn't do it for me.
Many folks I know are going tho, thats the tempting part...

All of that; I'll likely skip it. This is too much like the kind of lineup I would've loved when I was 16 except with the caveat that ST would only play 1st album stuff.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby captain2man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 am

scannest wrote:I really like the MISFITS, but no one with any shred of dignity left can justify going to that show.

I'm going with no apologies (or dignity apparently).....they're my wife's favorite band and it's our wedding anniversary.....and we were able to get fairly decent seats (seats, not GA), for about $85 each. I'm sure it would have been a $200 night anyway - so seems like a pretty rockin' option.
captain2man

Postby captain2man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 am

Hal wrote:When is the PRB Asbury Park lineup getting announced?!?

There is no Asbury Park PRB this year.
captain2man

Postby JGJR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:45 am

gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:

LOL I was actually thinking "I've seen multiple people post in the last couple weeks footage from an under attended Murphy's Law show and now they're opening at the Prudential Center".

Kinda like when the Beastie Boys took them out as openers on the Licensed to Ill tour and they were playing arenas.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:59 am

captain2man wrote:I'm going with no apologies (or dignity apparently).....they're my wife's favorite band and it's our wedding anniversary.....and we were able to get fairly decent seats (seats, not GA), for about $85 each. I'm sure it would have been a $200 night anyway - so seems like a pretty rockin' option.

Those are what I would call extenuating circumstances, man.
If they weren't your wife's favorite band and it wasn't your anniversary, would you still be going?
scannest

Postby scannest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 am

And for those on the fence - I have a friend in LA who said that there were literally hundreds of tickets for face value or less on StubHub the day before their recent shows out there.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:27 pm

captain2man wrote:

I'm going with no apologies (or dignity apparently).....they're my wife's favorite band and it's our wedding anniversary.....and we were able to get fairly decent seats (seats, not GA), for about $85 each. I'm sure it would have been a $200 night anyway - so seems like a pretty rockin' option.

See you there; I didn't think I'd be going, but it's a few days after my birthday and some good friends are going and we're getting a box; never did that before. I can't wait. No apologies here, either.
JGJR

Postby captain2man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 pm

scannest wrote:
captain2man wrote:I'm going with no apologies (or dignity apparently).....they're my wife's favorite band and it's our wedding anniversary.....and we were able to get fairly decent seats (seats, not GA), for about $85 each. I'm sure it would have been a $200 night anyway - so seems like a pretty rockin' option.

Those are what I would call extenuating circumstances, man.
If they weren't your wife's favorite band and it wasn't your anniversary, would you still be going?

For the price I paid for a ticket....yeah....probably.
captain2man

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:50 pm

That is .... surely a typo..??? 200 HUNDRED dollars for GA? :shock: :shock:
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Have fun and look out for Lewdd and AKissFan while you are there :mrgreen:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby scannest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

You guys are gonna feel awfully silly when you realize you can go see DOYLE at Dingbatz in Clifton for only $15.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:58 pm

scannest wrote:You guys are gonna feel awfully silly when you realize you can go see DOYLE at Dingbatz in Clifton for only $15.

Lol!!!
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 am

Harley's Cro-Mags band added to the lineup; even more of one of my dream lineups from when I was 16 (though it would be both JJ & Harley but that's not happening).
JGJR

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am

Come on... if you think you'd enjoy the show, who cares how much it costs? This weekend I drove to Orlando to have dinner with an old college friend (who was there for a convention) at some overpriced steakhouse (Del Frisco's), I picked up the check and it was $325. and guess what? I don't give a fuck, I enjoyed the shit out of talking to them and catching up and eating a great meal. Yeah sure we could have done the same at Taco Bell, but who cares...

Now, while I love their songs and have many fond memories of listening to his/their music, I would not go see Danzig & Misfits, but that is just me.
FlexMyHead

Postby scannest » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am

FlexMyHead wrote:I picked up the check and it was $325. and guess what? I don't give a fuck

Hey, we don't all have 'Hummel' money to throw around.
scannest

Postby drew » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 am

FlexMyHead wrote:Come on... if you think you'd enjoy the show, who cares how much it costs? This weekend I drove to Orlando to have dinner with an old college friend (who was there for a convention) at some overpriced steakhouse (Del Frisco's), I picked up the check and it was $325. and guess what? I don't give a fuck, I enjoyed the shit out of talking to them and catching up and eating a great meal. Yeah sure we could have done the same at Taco Bell, but who cares...

Now, while I love their songs and have many fond memories of listening to his/their music, I would not go see Danzig & Misfits, but that is just me.

You’re right, if I want to go I’ll spend the bread. In this case what bothers me is that these are all club bands that, like scanny said, could be seen multiple times a year at little spots for $10-15. Murphy’s Law played the same bar all my friends bands play at and Harley’s War or whatever he calls it couldn’t fill a paper bag at any venue in nyc. I know it’s The MISFITS but it just screams of bullshit to me
drew

Return to daghouse