7 mind melting anti music groups for you

7 mind melting anti music groups for you

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:42 pm

This is a good article. All this anti music is pretty good to excellent.

http://www.dirgemag.com/7-mind-melting-anti-music-groups-for-your-listening-displeasure/

Midge approved
xxxMidgexxx

Re: 7 mind melting anti music groups for you

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Pfffffft ..... No Coil? .......No Nurse With Wound>??
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 am

XBambi's RevengeX wrote:Pfffffft ..... No Coil? .......No Nurse With Wound>??

Touche' :cry:
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:07 am

All of that was pretty musical, and I can't see the appeal of watching some guy catch up on his emails standing in front of a screen full of flames.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 am

version sound wrote:All of that was pretty musical, and I can't see the appeal of watching some guy catch up on his emails standing in front of a screen full of flames.

:o
xxxMidgexxx

Postby captain2man » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Cool article & list.

But I don't know how these types of articles don't start with The Residents.
captain2man

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:36 pm

captain2man wrote:Cool article & list.

But I don't know how these types of articles don't start with The Residents.

This is just me, but I think they'd nailed it with Throbbing Gristle. Residents were very important too though. Cheers to that.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:10 pm

version sound wrote:All of that was pretty musical, and I can't see the appeal of watching some guy catch up on his emails standing in front of a screen full of flames.

One day when I have the strength, I will argue with u about the merits and genius of Lustmord.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:28 pm

I saw The Locust live once in Tampa, I really enjoyed it. The music was ok etc, but they were really into heckling the crowd and I liked their sense of humor, they weren't taking any shit. At that time they had the leather-short outfits that looked fucking awesomely ridiculous. Some dude said the singer looked liked Spock and he said something like "Blah blah you fucking jackass" and the guy couldn't handle it and as soon as they started playing the guy he called a jackass started throwing bar stools at the band and singer was like "Thanks for the chair, I need to sit down". I thought a fight was going to break out any second. Anyway, I listened to them on record and it just wasn't the same as seeing them live, so I think for this type of music, live is most likely better?
FlexMyHead

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:I saw The Locust live once in Tampa, I really enjoyed it. The music was ok etc, but they were really into heckling the crowd and I liked their sense of humor, they weren't taking any shit. At that time they had the leather-short outfits that looked fucking awesomely ridiculous. Some dude said the singer looked liked Spock and he said something like "Blah blah you fucking jackass" and the guy couldn't handle it and as soon as they started playing the guy he called a jackass started throwing bar stools at the band and singer was like "Thanks for the chair, I need to sit down". I thought a fight was going to break out any second. Anyway, I listened to them on record and it just wasn't the same as seeing them live, so I think for this type of music, live is most likely better?

I'm not a big fan of the Locust. I've never seen them live. I've listened to their music a while back. I think it was the same time I was listening to stuff from the San Diego scene or close proximity that gave us bands like Swing Kids, Spanakorzo, etc.. Heroin. Post hardcore. fast almost incomprehensible noise stuff. Artsy. Its aight. I guess you're right. Not a lot to discern where the recorded output is concerned. You had to be there...?

PS: This is NOT my list. Its arbitrary and of taste. There are ton more worthy to make the cut. If there was a cut to be made IMO.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Lol, found a video from the show I was at, it was 17 years ago.
At 1:15 is Spock joke. It was even more edgy than I remembered.
At 2:45 first chair gets thrown. No wonder people think Floriduh is full of turds.
FlexMyHead

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
FlexMyHead wrote:I saw The Locust live once in Tampa, I really enjoyed it. The music was ok etc, but they were really into heckling the crowd and I liked their sense of humor, they weren't taking any shit. At that time they had the leather-short outfits that looked fucking awesomely ridiculous. Some dude said the singer looked liked Spock and he said something like "Blah blah you fucking jackass" and the guy couldn't handle it and as soon as they started playing the guy he called a jackass started throwing bar stools at the band and singer was like "Thanks for the chair, I need to sit down". I thought a fight was going to break out any second. Anyway, I listened to them on record and it just wasn't the same as seeing them live, so I think for this type of music, live is most likely better?

I'm not a big fan of the Locust. I've never seen them live. I've listened to their music a while back. I think it was the same time I was listening to stuff from the San Diego scene or close proximity that gave us bands like Swing Kids, Spanakorzo, etc.. Heroin. Post hardcore. fast almost incomprehensible noise stuff. Artsy. Its aight. I guess you're right. Not a lot to discern where the recorded output is concerned. You had to be there...?

PS: This is NOT my list. Its arbitrary and of taste. There are ton more worthy to make the cut. If there was a cut to be made IMO.

MIDGE - were you an UNBROKEN fan?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Anti-music??

oh
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:23 pm

gregpolard wrote:MIDGE - were you an UNBROKEN fan?

Yes.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:10 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:This is a good article. All this anti music is pretty good to excellent.

http://www.dirgemag.com/7-mind-melting-anti-music-groups-for-your-listening-displeasure/

Midge approved

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the article?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:27 am

JGJR wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing the article?

"DIRGE IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING"

Midge broke them.
Last edited by scannest on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:53 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:MIDGE - were you an UNBROKEN fan?

Yes.

NICE!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:31 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:

One day when I have the strength, I will argue with u about the merits and genius of Lustmord.

The music (anti-music?) was fine, but the dude on a stage with a laptop thing never works.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

version sound wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:

The music (anti-music?) was fine, but the dude on a stage with a laptop thing never works.

He was there for presence and nothing else. You could chat with him about his art, soundscapes, philosophy (atheism/Satanism) etc...

Similar to the way Rollins does DJ appearances. He doesn't lug around a box of LPs or Cds, though it would cool as shit if he did LOL
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:08 pm

I've seen Alec MacKaye DJ, and he DOES bring along a box of old punk singles. He's got more nerve than I have. I sure as shit would not bring OG Misfits singles to my DJ set.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:25 pm

From the fantastic LOADED label, YELLOW SWANS
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 pm

all of this is hardly 'anti-music' though, which is just an asinine way to describe things.
XBambi's RevengeX

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 pm

version sound wrote:I've seen Alec MacKaye DJ, and he DOES bring along a box of old punk singles. He's got more nerve than I have. I sure as shit would not bring OG Misfits singles to my DJ set.

Speaking of DJ nights by musical celebs....I want sooo badly to see Brooklyn's own Genesis Breyer P-Orridge from Throbbing G/ P- TV, but her nights are usually always sold out well in advance. (Cue Hunter's joke about how I live in Brooklyn and still can't go see Gen P though she lives like 12 mins from me.

She's BRILLIANT, as you can see. Spins psychadelic and chats everyone up. A gentle soul. 1 in a billion. A little out there with the pandrogeny, but spot on righteous with every damn other thing she talks about. This is a GREAT lecture from the MoMA from 2017.

xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse