Metallica '$5.98 Garage Days'

Metallica '$5.98 Garage Days'

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Whoever even knew it was out of print.

Geeeez, "The Wait" is SUCH a "Killing" track. "KILLING" get it..???

I love Lars drumming on this. Actually, the whole song just RULES. Makes me wanna dance down the hallway with my headphones on. Shimmy down the hallways. Do a little side step. Please keep your smarmy comments to yourself. Thanks.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Metallica '$5.98 Garage Days'

Postby scannest » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Whoever even knew it was out of print.

As it's been out of print since 1989 I'm gonna take a guess and say...EVERYONE.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 pm

I love Lars drumming on this. Actually, the whole song just RULES. Makes me wanna dance down the hallway with my headphones on. Shimmy down the hallways. Do a little side step. Please keep your smarmy comments to yourself. Thanks.

No smarmy comments here; I love that EP.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:37 pm

JGJR wrote:

No smarmy comments here; I love that EP.

They’ve added like 20 more songs and you can grab a digital version. It still rules.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:They’ve added like 20 more songs and you can grab a digital version. It still rules.

I remember buying that 1st Killing Joke album when it came out because I thought it sounded "crunchy". But it wasn't really metal though. It might have been. I thought it sounded crunchy like crunchy peanut butter. Though 'Complications' I thought was a far better song and made it on to all of my mix tapes.

Now Metallica made Killing Joke hep for all the head bangers. And Grohl does an album with them. I call bullshit. I was clued in first. Am I to understand that Metallica want credit for liking this music before me? I call foul ball. I give me a 'mulligan'.

When I listen to Metallica covering 'The Wait' though, I like to shimmy down the hallway. with my head phones on.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm

It's being reissued and one of the options is a CD longbox lol
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:They’ve added like 20 more songs and you can grab a digital version. It still rules.

I remember buying that 1st Killing Joke album when it came out because I thought it sounded "crunchy". But it wasn't really metal though. It might have been. I thought it sounded crunchy like crunchy peanut butter. Though 'Complications' I thought was a far better song and made it on to all of my mix tapes.

Now Metallica made Killing Joke hep for all the head bangers. And Grohl does an album with them. I call bullshit. I was clued in first. Am I to understand that Metallica want credit for liking this music before me? I call foul ball. I give me a 'mulligan'.

When I listen to Metallica covering 'The Wait' though, I like to shimmy down the hallway. with my head phones on.

Grohl played with them (KJ) in part to make up for the fact that the opening riff of "Come As You Are" sounds just like the opening riff to "Eighties" (which sounded like the opening riff of The Damned's "Life Goes On").
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:18 pm

JGJR wrote:Grohl played with them (KJ) in part to make up for the fact that the opening riff of "Come As You Are" sounds just like the opening riff to "Eighties" (which sounded like the opening riff of The Damned's "Life Goes On").

It is a direct ripoff of the Damned. C'est la vie. I don't begrudge any of the bands for using that opening riff. They'd embellished on the song in their own way. The Grohl/Killing Joke album is GREAT GREAT GREAT.

Seeing Red is my fave cut. Prong covered it on their covers album, but it sounds WAAAAY too close to the original and you cannot tell the difference. Especially since Tommy had members of Killing Joke in Prong at one point, I found it incestuous. And though I liked the period of Prong when they went all techno, to circle back and do a Killing Joke cover was a big much.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Seeing Red is my fave cut. Prong covered it on their covers album, but it sounds WAAAAY too close to the original and you cannot tell the difference. Especially since Tommy had members of Killing Joke in Prong at one point, I found it incestuous. And though I liked the period of Prong when they went all techno, to circle back and do a Killing Joke cover was a big much.

Oh?
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby XBambi's RevengeX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

XBambi's RevengeX

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:26 am

XBambi's RevengeX wrote:

THIS IS TERRIBLE
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:22 am

You guys remember That '80s Show? It was definitely better than That '70s Show, but I guess it just didn't have the star power. Glenn Howerton working in a record store in the '80s? Come on! That shoulda been YUGE. Oh yeah, they also had Killing Joke for their theme song. Good times.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 pm

version sound wrote:You guys remember That '80s Show? It was definitely better than That '70s Show, but I guess it just didn't have the star power. Glenn Howerton working in a record store in the '80s? Come on! That shoulda been YUGE. Oh yeah, they also had Killing Joke for their theme song. Good times.

oh dear. :roll:

Shouldn't you be ruining bands names and songs with horribleness?
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse