R.I.P. Phil Chevron

R.I.P. Phil Chevron

Postby Ed Roach » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:10 am

Phil Chevron, guitarist of The Pogues passed away earlier today.
He had been battling cancer for a while.
Rest in peace fine fellow.
Ed Roach

Re: R.I.P. Phil Chevron

Postby Gary » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 am

Ed Roach wrote:Phil Chevron, guitarist of The Radiators from Space passed away earlier today.
He had been battling cancer for a while.
Rest in peace fine fellow.

Fuck cancer!!!!!1
Gary

Postby pedro » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 am

Well that sucks. One one of my favorite bands and he seemed like a great guy. He was an active participant on their website's messageboard.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 pm

RIP; Rum, Sodomy and The Lash is one of my favorite albums. Fuck.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Its sad to hear about this!! Glad I made it to the last few Pogues gigs with the most recent one being 2 years ago..Im a fan of all the Pogues stuff ..The Radiators from space Tv Tube Heart lp is one of my favs of the era( a .must for any '77 fan) He will be missed..
clash77

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm

clash77 wrote:Its sad to hear about this!! Glad I made it to the last few Pogues gigs with the most recent one being 2 years ago..Im a fan of all the Pogues stuff ..The Radiators from space Tv Tube Heart lp is one of my favs of the era( a .must for any '77 fan) He will be missed..

We went to one of the NYC gigs at the Nokia Theater back in 2006. To be honest, it made me never want to see them again since Shane can only sing 3 songs at a time without leaving the stage and then they have to do a Spider Stacy song and plus the crowd there...ugh.
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:19 pm

JGJR wrote:
clash77 wrote:Its sad to hear about this!! Glad I made it to the last few Pogues gigs with the most recent one being 2 years ago..Im a fan of all the Pogues stuff ..The Radiators from space Tv Tube Heart lp is one of my favs of the era( a .must for any '77 fan) He will be missed..

We went to one of the NYC gigs at the Nokia Theater back in 2006. To be honest, it made me never want to see them again since Shane can only sing 3 songs at a time without leaving the stage and then they have to do a Spider Stacy song and plus the crowd there...ugh.

haha...I know what you mean matt..I guess that was the show that the dropkick murphys opened for them??? I can remember seeing them in '09 ( I believe) with Shane in a chair for the gig.He broke his leg a few nights before at a gig(Boston I think) and that was wierd.Shane hasn't been Shane for a long time but always wanted to see them whenever possible.
clash77

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:13 pm

clash77 wrote:
JGJR wrote:

haha...I know what you mean matt..I guess that was the show that the dropkick murphys opened for them??? I can remember seeing them in '09 ( I believe) with Shane in a chair for the gig.He broke his leg a few nights before at a gig(Boston I think) and that was wierd.Shane hasn't been Shane for a long time but always wanted to see them whenever possible.

Nah it wasn't Dropkick Murphys (even then they probably would've been way too big to open for them), but a band called Towers of London and maybe one other band. I saw them (ToL) play with The Rakes at Bowery Ballroom right around that same time period, too. They weren't very good.
JGJR

Return to daghouse