Shudder to Think - Ten Spot blue vinyl reissue

Shudder to Think - Ten Spot blue vinyl reissue

Postby JGJR » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm

http://www.dischord.com/release/046/ten-spot

https://shuddertothink.bandcamp.com/album/ten-spot

As much as I'd love to have a copy on blue, I may skip this due to lack of bonus tracks, revised cover art and the fact that I have an original. It's only $14, though, and it's been one of my favorite albums since I was 16. It's also kind of funny that the bandcamp link shows a picture of the later lineup with Nathan as opposed to the one that made this record.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Shudder to Think - Ten Spot blue vinyl reissue

Postby version sound » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 am

I didn't realize it was in blue vinyl. Fuck. Now I might have to consider getting it. Like JGJR, I already own an original, but I do have a weakness for blue vinyl. Hopefully, this the beginning of an STT vinyl reissue campaign, because I actually need the other 2 LPs.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Dinko » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 am

version sound wrote:I do have a weakness for blue vinyl.

Had been sneaking around Sense Field's "Living Outside" on clear blue vinyl at my local record store for many months. The cover itself is as shitty as can be, but combined with the vinyl, it suddenly shines. (Plus, given the larger booklet, I learned that those strings are real strings.)
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am

version sound wrote:I didn't realize it was in blue vinyl. Fuck. Now I might have to consider getting it. Like JGJR, I already own an original, but I do have a weakness for blue vinyl. Hopefully, this the beginning of an STT vinyl reissue campaign, because I actually need the other 2 LPs.

I have the other 12"s on Dischord as well as the Hit Liquor 7" and some other earlier singles like the Catch of the Day split with Unrest and Medusa Seven. I'd love it if the first album got reissued on vinyl. I'd buy Pony Express Record or the later ones if they got reissued, too. I had an original of that one, but I'm much more a fan of the Dischord era.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm

10 Spot is another blessed album. Perfect. Start to finish. Not a hint of a blemish. Played the living hell out of it.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm

STT are one of those bands that changed so much over the course of their career, I really never gave some of their later stuff a chance. I remember seeing that weird video on a boat on MTV or something and thinking "When the fuck did Larson morph into Dave Navarro and fuck up STT?!?". Is that last record even listenable?? I first saw STT in a youth center in a field just outside Heidelberg Germany. I hadn't even "heard" them I just knew there was a Dischord band playing and there was no way I wasn't going to go. The opening band was German and the singer had loaves of bread on his feet as if they were shoes, threw raw meat at the crowd during one song and was missing many of his fingers as he explained that he was making a plastic explosive bomb to blow up a "tree of life" on his school campus. STT were great and totally not what I was expecting.
FlexMyHead

Postby version sound » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:57 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:Is that last record even listenable??

I had never heard the 2 Epic LPs until a year or two ago for fear they were some kind of major label sellout shit. I was wrong. They are both really good.

Also, JGJR bullied me into ordering this reissue.*

*by pointing out that it's on blue vinyl
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:STT are one of those bands that changed so much over the course of their career, I really never gave some of their later stuff a chance. I remember seeing that weird video on a boat on MTV or something and thinking "When the fuck did Larson morph into Dave Navarro and fuck up STT?!?". Is that last record even listenable?? I first saw STT in a youth center in a field just outside Heidelberg Germany. I hadn't even "heard" them I just knew there was a Dischord band playing and there was no way I wasn't going to go. The opening band was German and the singer had loaves of bread on his feet as if they were shoes, threw raw meat at the crowd during one song and was missing many of his fingers as he explained that he was making a plastic explosive bomb to blow up a "tree of life" on his school campus. STT were great and totally not what I was expecting.

The equation was simple. Chris left the band. And it was all over. I don't recognize ANYTHING after 'Get Your Goat'.

THE END.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 pm

version sound wrote:
FlexMyHead wrote:Is that last record even listenable??

I had never heard the 2 Epic LPs until a year or two ago for fear they were some kind of major label sellout shit. I was wrong. They are both really good.]

No. You are wrong. They are terrible. Stop. Or I will never let you and Jules and Hunter buy me lunch in 2018.

STT ceased to exist after they lost Chris and left Dischord. Like many other bands that took the major label gamble, for me this was didnt work.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby fiestaware » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
The equation was simple. C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶ Mike left the band. And it was all over.

It's true.
fiestaware

Postby the mean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Pony Express Record is a fucking great record.
the mean

Postby gregpolard » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Pony Express is great. Quiet down, Midge
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:10 Spot is another blessed album. Perfect. Start to finish. Not a hint of a blemish. Played the living hell out of it.

This.
JGJR

Return to daghouse