Dischord 6 EP box set

Re: Dischord 6 EP box set

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:43 am

version sound wrote:Again, I don’t know when the podcast was recorded, but Ian said over 5,000 orders, which I take to mean “less than 6,000.” I could be wrong, but as this is a weekly podcast, I kind of doubt the interview is more than a week or so old.

For science, I ordered a few more just now (and the order numbers were in sequence) here is the last order. So it looks like I'm going to have to track down 12002 other copies to own them all!
I still think it's a bit odd to not make some extra copies.

FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:35 am

Order #11,420 here
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:39 am

I thought about ordering a second copy to flip but if they are at 12k copies now it will grow to 15k-20k before this ends. Ian seems to being trying to get last minute advertising pushes to bring awareness that this is even available. I also wouldn't be surprised if it is extended until the end of June.
lewdd

Postby version sound » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:42 am

If this thing has really sold over 12,000 copies, I’m not going to bother buying a second one. I can’t believe that anyone who wanted one didn’t already order one, unless everyone ordered at least 2 to have one to flip. In either case, these will not be in short supply. I’m sure Discogs and eBay will be flooded with copies.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby the mean » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

version sound wrote:If this thing has really sold over 12,000 copies, I’m not going to bother buying a second one. I can’t believe that anyone who wanted one didn’t already order one, unless everyone ordered at least 2 to have one to flip. In either case, these will not be in short supply. I’m sure Discogs and eBay will be flooded with copies.

I think Flexy ordered about a third of the copies.
the mean

Postby version sound » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

lewdd wrote:I thought about ordering a second copy to flip but if they are at 12k copies now it will grow to 15k-20k before this ends.

Great minds think alike. The flippers might get fucked on this one.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:07 am

This one just feels wrong to flip. I thought about buying a second copy to keep sealed just in case something happened to mine or maybe to (fairly) trade down the line
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby the mean » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 am

gregpolard wrote:This one just feels wrong to flip.

I feel like this about hardcore records, generally.
the mean

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:28 am

the mean wrote:

Likewise. Truth be told, I've never done it
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:53 am

gregpolard wrote:
the mean wrote:

I’ve sold hardcore records at a profit, for sure, but I can’t remember buying any with the intention to do so.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:04 pm

I've bought a handful of multiple copies of things with an intention to flip and will be lucky to get my money back. I've come to the realization that those determining the original sell price and quantity produced are smarter than me on understanding the market size. This particular release is likely to sell more than 95%+ new punk/hardcore vinyl record releases with 12k+ pre-orders.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 pm

version sound wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
the mean wrote:

I’ve sold hardcore records at a profit, for sure, but I can’t remember buying any with the intention to do so.

Exactly this.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:29 pm

lewdd wrote:I've bought a handful of multiple copies of things with an intention to flip and will be lucky to get my money back. I've come to the realization that those determining the original sell price and quantity produced are smarter than me on understanding the market size. This particular release is likely to sell more than 95%+ new punk/hardcore vinyl record releases with 12k+ pre-orders.

Do you all think that this would sell a lot less w/out those Minor Threat 7"s? I think that is why they were added to the CD in the '90s (The Year in 7 Inches).
JGJR

Postby DelGriffith » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Yeah..Kind of a dick move bro..

Also I scored number 5959..how cool is that!
gregpolard wrote:This one just feels wrong to flip. I thought about buying a second copy to keep sealed just in case something happened to mine or maybe to (fairly) trade down the line
DelGriffith

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:07 am

DelGriffith wrote:Yeah..Kind of a dick move bro..

gregpolard wrote:This one just feels wrong to flip. I thought about buying a second copy to keep sealed just in case something happened to mine or maybe to (fairly) trade down the line

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:09 am

You used to be like friends, but now because of one post...
lewdd

Postby Hal » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:29 am

gregpolard wrote:
DelGriffith wrote:Yeah..Kind of a dick move bro..

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Excellent reference.
Hal

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:50 am

part 2 of Ian's interview is up on spotify and on the site of the podcaster

i may try to listen to it tonight
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:20 pm

Just listened to part 2 of the interview with Ian.

The thing I liked most about the interview was that the interviewer did not participate much. It felt like Ian was sitting on a couch across the room from me telling me stories.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 am

Playing part 2 now. God, I love Ian.

I just pulled the trigger on a second box set. I am order #12814
gregpolard

Postby matt » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 am

From an email Dischord just sent out:

Remember, each boxset comes in its own mailer, so only one boxset per order. However, you can order as many times as you want (one person bought 13 copies!).

They know who you are, flex.
matt
Site Admin

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 am

matt wrote:From an email Dischord just sent out:

Remember, each boxset comes in its own mailer, so only one boxset per order. However, you can order as many times as you want (one person bought 13 copies!).

They know who you are, flex.

I just laughed out loud. I thought the same thing, matt.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:35 pm

I think he should make it 15 for a cool $750.
lewdd

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:58 pm

The "last call" email said someone bought 13 of these. Lewdd-to sell on Discogs? :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby the mean » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:03 pm

earthdog70 wrote:The "last call" email said someone bought 13 of these. Lewdd-to sell on Discogs? :lol:

Read up in this thread.
the mean

Postby lewdd » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm

the mean wrote:
earthdog70 wrote:The "last call" email said someone bought 13 of these. Lewdd-to sell on Discogs? :lol:

Read up in this thread.

Yeah, you were either sleeping or have Flex blocked on here.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Anyone else cave and order a backup?
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:29 pm

gregpolard wrote:Anyone else cave and order a backup?

I want to, but just can’t justify it. Maybe I’ll grab one of the 5,000 copies people bought to flip when they are selling for $30 a pop because the market is flooded.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:52 pm

version sound wrote:

I want to, but just can’t justify it. Maybe I’ll grab one of the 5,000 copies people bought to flip when they are selling for $30 a pop because the market is flooded.

Rumor mill has it that the music is still available to stream on various streaming services.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
version sound wrote:

Rumor mill has it that the music is still available to stream on various streaming services.

To be clear, I did buy one copy. I can’t justify buying a second.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:12 pm

version sound wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
version sound wrote:

To be clear, I did buy one copy. I can’t justify buying a second.

TBH...I'm kinda shocked that Dischord even went ahead with this obvious collector's scheme. BUT...I'm very glad they did. I think its very cool.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:08 pm

Sounds like Jeff pushed Ian to do it.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:54 pm

All jokes aside, it wasn't me who bought 13 copies. But...there is still 2 hours and 7m left....
FlexMyHead

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:All jokes aside, it wasn't me who bought 13 copies. But...there is still 2 hours and 7m left....

VS did it. And he's full of shit if he denies it. If he admitted to buying 1 and trying to justify a 2nd copy, logic dictates that he bought 13.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby pedro » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:21 pm

There is still time!

Dischord wrote:Though we suspect that most everyone who wanted to place a pre-order for the Dischord 200 Boxset was able to, it has come to our attention that some people may have had problems accessing the site owing to heavy traffic. Just to make sure that everyone gets a crack at it, we’ve decided to leave the order site operational through Sunday (6/13) evening for any stragglers or people who were unable to get through.

We’ll be placing the pressing order on Monday and looking forward to getting the records made.
Thanks to everyone who has ordered!

https://www.dischord.com/news/706/2021/ ... e-addendum
Hello.
pedro

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:40 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
FlexMyHead wrote:All jokes aside, it wasn't me who bought 13 copies. But...there is still 2 hours and 7m left....

VS did it. And he's full of shit if he denies it. If he admitted to buying 1 and trying to justify a 2nd copy, logic dictates that he bought 13.

SOLD!
gregpolard

Postby drew » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:42 pm

A backup for what? It's not a parachute. The word is "Collector scum" thats two words but you get it
drew

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:48 pm

drew wrote:

A backup for what? It's not a parachute. The word is "Collector scum" thats two words but you get it

Dang dude! I'm not about that life.

I figured it's wise to keep one on ice. I have no desire to "flip" it (FLIP!) but hell, maybe down the line someone would want to trade for it or something....I dunno.
gregpolard

Postby drew » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pm

gregpolard wrote:
drew wrote:

I figured it's wise to keep one on ice. I have no desire to "flip" it (FLIP!) but hell, maybe down the line someone would want to trade for it or something....I dunno.

Being str8 I guess you've never had too many folks coming up to you saying "You may have a problem"? LOL It's ok to admit it.
drew

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:21 pm

drew wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
drew wrote:

Being str8 I guess you've never had too many folks coming up to you saying "You may have a problem"? LOL It's ok to admit it.

At least it was only 1 extra and not 13 :lol:
gregpolard

Previous

Return to daghouse