Kraut: new story

Kraut: new story

Postby creature » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:28 pm

creature

Re: Kraut: new story

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 am

creature wrote:http://theressomethinghardinthere.blogspot.com/2013/10/catching-up-with-krauts-doug-holland.html

It was a joy to read this and I will forward it to Jack Rabid. I'm sure he'll love it as well. Thanks! I've mentioned this before, but Steve Jones ended up living with Jack and Doug during the time that he was in Kraut. I've been lucky enough to see CH3 twice in the last 8 years, but have never seen Kraut. I wish I could make the show here, but most likely won't be able to (alas).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby creature » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:24 pm

JGJR wrote:
creature wrote:http://theressomethinghardinthere.blogspot.com/2013/10/catching-up-with-krauts-doug-holland.html

It was a joy to read this and I will forward it to Jack Rabid. I'm sure he'll love it as well. Thanks! I've mentioned this before, but Steve Jones ended up living with Jack and Doug during the time that he was in Kraut. I've been lucky enough to see CH3 twice in the last 8 years, but have never seen Kraut. I wish I could make the show here, but most likely won't be able to (alas).

Thanks! Doug loves it, so that's always a bonus. He gave me a lot of info to work with and I'm stoked I could make it work. Mike Magrann from CH3 was instrumental in this as well. :)
creature

Postby Janelle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:22 am

JGJR wrote:

We're gonna be there!!!!!!!!! The last time CH3 played here I know it was the Big Takeover show and Matt went but I was in California and had to miss it :( I only saw them once, at one of those last CB's shows, with Adolescents, D.I., Circle Jerks, so it'll be cool to see them again. And Kraut, I saw in 2003 at the Viva Le Punk show three-day fest at CB's and it was cool. They played again and I didn't go, and this is before I started seeing Matt and he went. So it'll be nice to finally see these two bands with him!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:23 am

And great article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:33 am

Janelle wrote:
JGJR wrote:

We're gonna be there!!!!!!!!! The last time CH3 played here I know it was the Big Takeover show and Matt went but I was in California and had to miss it :( I only saw them once, at one of those last CB's shows, with Adolescents, D.I., Circle Jerks, so it'll be cool to see them again. And Kraut, I saw in 2003 at the Viva Le Punk show three-day fest at CB's and it was cool. They played again and I didn't go, and this is before I started seeing Matt and he went. So it'll be nice to finally see these two bands with him!

We've talked about this before, but I was at both of those CH3 gigs. I had no idea clash77 was there for the 2010 show. I remember you saying he couldn't make it the next day for Steve Drewett's set. I don't think I knew him (clash77) then and I hadn't met either of you until a few months later now that I'm thinking about it. Anyway, I hope he stayed for The Avengers and caught Visqueen before then because both bands (as well as CH3) were just astonishing that night, the best I'd seen all of them! I've only seen CH3 twice, but I've seen The Avengers and Visqueen four times each as well (at least that I can remember).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Gary » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 am

My kid is watching Scooby Doo in the next room,and there was a cover version of Kraut's "All Twisted" on it!!!!!

Bizarre!!
Gary

Postby creature » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 am

Gary wrote:My kid is watching Scooby Doo in the next room,and there was a cover version of Kraut's "All Twisted" on it!!!!!

Bizarre!!

Ha ha ... Doug mentioned that when he was on East Village Radio the other night! cheers
creature

Postby creature » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

Janelle wrote:And great article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Enjoy the gig... I'll be living vicariously through you out here in Seattle. cheers
creature

Return to daghouse