Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby version sound » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Sounds pretty good. A Euro-only single-sided 12" is up for pre-order on the label's site.

http://dyingscene.com/news/dont-sleep-ft-dave-smalley-streaming-new-song-bring-the-light/
Black Metal Matters
User avatar
version sound
 
Posts: 5022
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:51 pm

"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby version sound » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:06 pm

There's a 7" coming out on Reaper records, too.
Black Metal Matters
User avatar
version sound
 
Posts: 5022
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby Dinko » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 am

earthdog70 wrote:New interview with Dave:

http://www.noecho.net/interviews/dave-s ... dont-sleep


:mrgreen:


Interesting. When he says "kid", he actually means kid. In this interview.
The law of average says you will survive.
User avatar
Dinko
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 am

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby Hal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 am

Great interview. Thanks for posting!
User avatar
Hal
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:06 pm
Location: CT

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 am

The Revelation Records Fun Fact this week pointed out that every "big" band Dave has done begins with a D

DYS
Dag Nasty
Descendents (ok that's a stretch but...)
Down By Law
Don't Sleep
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 am

gregpolard wrote:Descendents (ok that's a stretch but...)


That's not a stretch - it is what I would call WRONG.
:roll:
"Maybe if Lewdd posts pics of barbecued salmon, you can post pictures of sushi?" -Jimmy Heartburn
User avatar
scannest
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Descendents (ok that's a stretch but...)


That's not a stretch - it is what I would call WRONG.
:roll:


Don’t kill the messenger now....

Here’s the fun fact in question

REVHQ FUN FACT
---------------
Dave Smalley is, of course, best known as the one-time vocalist of Washington, DC's Dag Nasty. Through the years, he has been the frontman for numerous bands. Coincidentally, the names of most of these bands start with the letter "D." DYS, Dag Nasty, and Down By Law are all filed under "D." His new band, Don't Sleep, matches both initials. Even his band ALL was once called the Descendents.

We asked Dave to shed light on this fact. Here is what he had to say: "Great eye. Yes, it has been a constant through my career. Not planned, ever, but a really cool and frankly mysterious coincidence. I too thought of that Descendents connection, which was about the time I started to realize the trend. The guys in Don't Sleep definitely were having fun with it. I think that's the only one that's been intentional. I guess it means I can never join Metallica!"
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm

gregpolard wrote:Even his band ALL was once called the Descendents.


GREG - THE BAND ALL WAS NEVER CALLED THE DESCENDENTS! THE DESCENDENTS BROKE UP AND 3/4 OF THE GROUP STARTED A NEW BAND CALLED ALL!!
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Maybe if Lewdd posts pics of barbecued salmon, you can post pictures of sushi?" -Jimmy Heartburn
User avatar
scannest
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby aquaman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Scanny is right, Greg

To quote Smalley's band Descendents "You're Wrong Again!!!"
aquaman
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Guys, I didn't write the fun fact.

I wish I worked for Revelation. Would be more fun than what I'm doing now.

(I'm well aware you're joking)


You should see some of the things Rev passes off as "fun facts". Yeesh. This is one of the least ridiculous ones.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby JGJR » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

gregpolard wrote:You should see some of the things Rev passes off as "fun facts". Yeesh. This is one of the least ridiculous ones.


Tell us more. Entertain me. :D
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby scannest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am

I expect better quality control from the digital content editors at Revelation Records. I mean, what are they paying these people to do?
"Maybe if Lewdd posts pics of barbecued salmon, you can post pictures of sushi?" -Jimmy Heartburn
User avatar
scannest
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 am

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:You should see some of the things Rev passes off as "fun facts". Yeesh. This is one of the least ridiculous ones.


Tell us more. Entertain me. :D


One time an entire fun fact was devoted to the fact that Walter didn't play guitar in the first lineup of Quicksand. Which....I dunno, isn't really a "fun fact" to me.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby JGJR » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:57 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:You should see some of the things Rev passes off as "fun facts". Yeesh. This is one of the least ridiculous ones.


Tell us more. Entertain me. :D


One time an entire fun fact was devoted to the fact that Walter didn't play guitar in the first lineup of Quicksand. Which....I dunno, isn't really a "fun fact" to me.


I didn't actually know that, admittedly, but I've never been a big Quicksand guy.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby drew » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 am

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:You should see some of the things Rev passes off as "fun facts". Yeesh. This is one of the least ridiculous ones.


Tell us more. Entertain me. :D


One time an entire fun fact was devoted to the fact that Walter didn't play guitar in the first lineup of Quicksand. Which....I dunno, isn't really a "fun fact" to me.


I didn't actually know that, admittedly, but I've never been a big Quicksand guy.




After recording the 7” they added Charlie( I forget where he was from but later in CIV). First time I saw them was as a five-piece but within a couple of months they were a foursome
drew
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Smalley's New Band: Don't Sleep

Postby scannest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm

The first time I saw them was as a four piece, but Walter was only singing. This was opening up for Anthrax and White Zombie.
"Maybe if Lewdd posts pics of barbecued salmon, you can post pictures of sushi?" -Jimmy Heartburn
User avatar
scannest
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest