IDT: Messthetics

IDT: Messthetics

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm sure VS has already seen them ;) . Joe and Brendan from Fugazi. Looks to be all instrumental. They should tour with Minibeast and they wouldn't have to bring any mike stands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHr61lUOubs

:mrgreen:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: IDT: Messthetics

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:26 am

Pretty sure that is Crooked Hilary on stage left. Must have been shaving the new batch of kids for auction.

I vaguely remember Ian saying he was playing with Brendan and Joe? Guess that turned into this?

“The Messthetics is a new instrumental trio with Brendan Canty (D), Joe Lally (B), and Anthony Pirog (G). Brendan Canty and Joe Lally were the rhythm section of the band Fugazi from it’s inception in 1987 to it’s period of hiatus in 2002. This is the first band they’ve had together since that time. Joe has returned from Italy, and is ready to play. Brendan is very happy to have him back. The two missed each other, and the playing of the music together, so the feeling of the world being righted is right there in the foundation. Anthony Pirog is one of the greatest guitarists anywhere. He challenges our preconceived notions about genre and guitar sound. He continues to shape, tear down and reshape his unique conceptions of what guitar can be. The Messthetics is an unsupervised sonic playground that is driven primarily by Anthony’s imagination, and his not-so-latent desire to torture his rhythm section with odd time signatures. The three of them, Canty, Pirog, and Lally, are The Messthetics.”
FlexMyHead

Re: IDT: Messthetics

Postby scannest » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:17 am

I'm glad to see the bell is still part of Brendan's kit.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Return to daghouse