How has your summer been?

How has your summer been?

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:04 am

Mine was fairly uneventful, but enjoyable. I work in the school system so I've had about two months off. I usually leave the state/country but not this year as my pops has stage 4 Kidney Disease so I spent a lot of time hanging out with my folks. I had to buy a new car and a new phone, so that dug a bit into my travel fund also. I live in Florida, so you know that there was lots of wearing cammo cargo shorts to the beach. I didn't see a single band/show and I'm not sure that I even bought any new music, just a bunch of older stuff off iTunes. I gave myself a pretty bad hair cut and got bit by a fuck-ton of fire ants. I also spent waaaaay too much time following up with all the fucked politic stuff going on. I think I've read every article on HuffingtonPost and Politico. Hopefully you all did more shit than me.
FlexMyHead

Re: How has your summer been?

Postby target » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Mine's been fun

-played supernova ska fest with the pietasters, aggrolites and tons of other bands ( we pulled together a set with a replacement singer and trombone, and without our sax player)

-played a few other fun shows, and have a few coming up in august with our sax player back in action

- had a lovely road trip to Wisconsin, with stops on Lake Michigan,
lake eric and south bend on the way.

- hung out with my dad

-went to two baseball games with Pedro, saw no actual baseball due to rain

- accompanied my wife to several craft markets, where she sold jewelry

-- witnessed my best friend marry my sister in law

- re-read the "severin" thread 5x a day

-didn't buy any music

-- started a good book; haven't finished it. Read some short stories (man vs nature)
target

Postby scannest » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:25 am

My family and I spent a week in Barcelona, a place that has been on my 'short list' for a long time. It was a lot of fun.
I booked my first show in over a year which forced me to write lyrics for 5 songs that have been unfinished for ages. I play this Friday.
My son goes to sleep-away camp for a full 2 weeks starting Sunday. I have mixed feelings about this.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby version sound » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:40 am

A'ight. I haven't done much of anything out of the ordinary. My biggest accomplishment was starting an Instagram on which I post pics (front and back cover; actual vinyl if it's anything out of the ordinary) of my 7 inch records and having Brian Brannon like a pic of Blatant Localism...so...at least I've got that going for me.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Very good! The biggest news for me is a full-time job after 2 1/2 years of part time work. I am very happy and so is my wife :lol:

So no real vacations for me due to starting a new job. I do get to do a quick weekend trip to visit Lewdd and catch The Clap (the band :lol: ) in 2 weeks.

But I have hit some good shows this summer: Boston/Joan Jett, Iron Maiden, Jerry's Kids, The Alarm, Ratt, Night Birds (this past Sat night). Deep Purple/Alice Cooper/Edgar Winter to end off the summer.

Silver Screams has 4 fall shows lined up, one with a bigger band TBA shortly.

Kids are in camp, and my daughter went to Camp Huckins this summer. for 2 weeks. Hunter-Huckins looks like a resort :D

That's all I got :arrow:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby Darby Gloss » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:33 pm

when in summer holiday, I usually stay at home and watch TV, the electronics is essential, there are a lot of car audio wholesaleYOU CAN have a look and I believe you can find a good one. wholesale[/url][/b]and I believe you can find a good one.
Darby Gloss

Postby captain2man » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:07 am

It's been good. Back into an exercise routine of regular biking and going to the gym.

Visited my brother-in-law and his family in the beginning of July down in the West Palm Beach area (way too hot for this New Yorker....but still fun).....caught Chicago & the Doobie Brothers one night, and then the Dwarves & Richie Ramone another night at a very cool club in Lake Worth called Propaganda.

Two Man Advantage is gearing up for our 20th anniversary shows in October and also working on a split LP with our brothers-in-arms from Virginia, The Daycare Swindlers (also their 20th anniversary).

Too Many Voices is also working on a 6-song EP type of thing.

And of course, shows & shows & more shows....have seen Rammstein, Negative Approach / Bloodclot, Iron Maiden / Ghost, Siege (w/ John Zorn guesting on "Grim Reaper"), Boston / Joan Jett, Slayer / Lamb of God / Behemoth, Ross the Boss (all Manowar set).

Plenty more to come as the summer goes onward.
captain2man

Return to daghouse