Smiths vinyl singles

Smiths vinyl singles

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Has anyone heard about these? Looks like they will only be on HMV? I don't see them listed on Amazon US:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/ ... -7.140221/


Not new material but I wouldn't mind having those B-sides on vinyl :bag:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Called my local store they know nothing about this :cry:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby gregpolard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Bullmoose.com has preorders up for both.

What a freakin' cash grab but of course...gotta have it! lol
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby earthdog70 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks Greg! :arrow:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby Nico » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 am

I have both singles for a while now and I really dig how they are mastered and cut on vinyl. They look and sound amazing, obviously no new material like the Boy demo single, but still a cool single. Waiting for the expanded edition of TQID.
Nico
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby MikeD » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:25 pm

I have a pretty extensive collection of SMITHS and Morrissey 7"s so I went for the picture disc on this... I hate these pain in the ass singles that are so hard to get..
MikeD
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby earthdog70 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Can we talk about The Smiths-Queen Is Dead reissue?

So just dug into this. My gripe is with Disc 3-Live in Boston. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that they didn't include the whole show (they did the same thing with Rank). I have never seen any explanation as to why.

But the most serious misstep-no credit to Craig Gannon for playing 2nd guitar on that show (he did the whole US tour in 1986). :roll:

I find it hard to believe that Joyce and Rourke were OK with this (since they did the "Inside The Smiths" DVD with Craig). They probably weren't consulted. Maybe Marr didn't wait to make a fuss.

I place the blame on Moz until proven otherwise. Lame. :x
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby gregpolard » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am

earthdog70 wrote:Can we talk about The Smiths-Queen Is Dead reissue?

So just dug into this. My gripe is with Disc 3-Live in Boston. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that they didn't include the whole show (they did the same thing with Rank). I have never seen any explanation as to why.

But the most serious misstep-no credit to Craig Gannon for playing 2nd guitar on that show (he did the whole US tour in 1986). :roll:

I find it hard to believe that Joyce and Rourke were OK with this (since they did the "Inside The Smiths" DVD with Craig). They probably weren't consulted. Maybe Marr didn't wait to make a fuss.

I place the blame on Moz until proven otherwise. Lame. :x



So, I had to get this set because I'm a glutton for punishment. I wanted the vinyl but refused to pay $100 for it so I traded in some stuff and used credit. It looks very nice on my shelf HA

That said, while it's a killer set of tunes, they could've done so much more. No liner notes, not a full live show, no cool photos. Also there was no need for this to be a 5LP set.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Smiths vinyl singles

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:00 am

gregpolard wrote:
That said, while it's a killer set of tunes, they could've done so much more. No liner notes, not a full live show, no cool photos. Also there was no need for this to be a 5LP set.


That’s the thing METALLICA have done great with their box set reissues. It’s worth it for the booklet alone
^v^
User avatar
WrEtcH
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm
Location: portola, san francisco, ca


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest