Go Fund Me for Karl Hill

Go Fund Me for Karl Hill

Postby version sound » Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Former member of the Dagboard, Government Issue, The Factory Incident, etc. apparrently just had s liver transplant. If anyone wants to donate to help with the medical bills:

https://www.gofundme.com/Karl-Hill
Rave down
version sound

Re: Go Fund Me for Karl Hill

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am

Sorry to hear that anybody is going through a medical situation outside of their control but......

is this the same dude that made the fake Government Issue band, booked shows as GI, made stickers and shirts to sell and was basically a total fucking psycho-jackass about it? Is this the same dude that made an account name "flexyrhead" on Wikipedia and repeatedly and constantly falsely changed the GI page in an attempt to make it look like it was me? If so, oh well dude, karma?

Please let me know if I'm mistaken and I'll remove the 2nd part of this post.
FlexMyHead

Postby version sound » Fri May 26, 2017 10:51 am

Same guy. It seemed like he did go a little nuts for a bit, but I believe he and Stabb straightened things out around the time Stabb got sick. I don't know what the hell was going on in that period, but aside from that, my interactions with him were generally positive.
Rave down
version sound

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 am

Hmm. I don't even know the guy, I posted in a thread where he had a fake account that he was being a bit ridiculous and making threats, I think he even threatened you VS? Anyway, I said something like maybe he should take care of his GI beef offline, then he "showed me" but using my obviously fake name to make changes on GI's page, somehow hurting my online name. Whole situation sucks cause John did say that his drinking made it hard to be in a band with him and then you see he has had liver problems. Anyway, I think I've contributed to every online thing that has been posted on this board because I felt moved to do so. Not for this dude. Hope he gets through his situation, but I gotta base my compassion on the actions he displayed on this board.

Here is the thread I'm talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2640&hilit=government+issue+drama

FlexMyHead

Postby version sound » Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I don't doubt you for a second, and I remember that thread well. I PMed him at the time as was like "WTF?" I had actually met him once or twice before that and we had friendly chats in PMs, so all the craziness definitely came out of nowhere. At the time of that thread, we had a back and forth in PMs and hashed out whatever he thought I had done (which I most definitely hadn't, because I had no effing idea what he was even talking about). I can understand if people were left with a bad feeling over that whole thing. I figured I'd post the GFM for people who had positive experiences with him before (or after) that crazy shitstorm.
Rave down
version sound

Postby SamDBL » Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

This is all very weird. I only know the guy online from interactions when he was in the band with stabb. And he was always super, super nice. Anyway, hope he gets well.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 27, 2017 9:04 am

He and Stabb buried the hatchet before John died. I do believe that Karl went to visit John in the hospital too at the end.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 27, 2017 9:36 am

All I remember about this guys was his attempted torturing of John. He came across as a complete and total fuck.

I would not donate a dime but at a human level hope he gets through it, at a minimum for his family/friend's sake.

Cool of you VS to share the link, etc.
johnnotkathi

Postby karaokeviolence » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 am

Gentlemen,

If I could, please let me try and make some sense of what happened between John and I and explain more of our relationship while I’m at it. John and I were friends since around '92. We quickly became very close: I was the best man at his first wedding and my wife was one of the only people present during his ceremony to Mina. John lived with us for about 4+ years towards the end of his unfortunate passing, Something I regret on a daily basis was how tense and bitter the last year of his life was between us, except for the final months. Basically, John asked me to play drums for a GI reunion original line-up show. And from there I helped John create a touring version of GI based around him and John Barry. This all included merch, gig contracts, the whole nine-yards – most of it I was in charge of. This is something John wanted very much and I’m happiest about this since he got to do what he loved with the band he loved almost up until the end. I also played/filled-in in numerous bands with him over the years including: The Factory Incident, Betty Blue, Sleeper Agent/History Repeated, and GI.

I won’t say too much about the bashings that went forth between us except for it went very deep on both sides and it became public. It became public because the relationship broke down so far that we were no longer speaking to each other face to face (yet lived in the same house). What I can say is that we were like brothers and very occasionally we fought like brothers. Also, the final blow-up was centered around a mix of a lot of things breaking down all at once. I was not in good health with my liver failing and when your liver no longer works it cannot process toxins out of your body and ammonia goes upward towards the brain. You can get what is called Hepatic Encephalopathy a condition that very simply will not let you make the best of decisions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatic_encephalopathy. At it’s very least you can become forgetful... and at its worst you can briefly change personalities. Besides the liver issues my life was changing fast. I was getting separating, trying to sell my house, a nd a million other tough life decisions.

John and I cleared things up once at Holy Cross in Silver Spring and I was with him hours before he passed on at the hospice. I try and carry on his memory through his music we recorded together and merchandise we made together that he loved. I’m sure many of you on here have something in your closet or record collection that we created together. Almost ALL of the money made from shirts sales, etc. went directly to John since he didn’t have a job for years. After his passing the money went to his Boycott Stabb fund. Believe me, If I could take all that crap back that happened that I did and we did to each other I would in a heartbeat. I love him and miss him.

Thank You Version Sound, very much.

If anyone wants to PM for anything at all, please feel free.

Cheers, Karl
--
Karaoke Violence
http://karaokeviolence.com
TRINIDAD • LANGSTON
Washington, District of Columbia
karaokeviolence

Return to daghouse