Old DBL Interview (1995)

Old DBL Interview (1995)

Postby NotBaker » Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Going through some old stuff I found a copy of SCENE (DC's alternative free weekly entertainment guide, March 31-April 6 1995, Issue 30, Vol 1) with a DBL interview, before or after a show at the 9:30. I'm pretty sure I was at the show, but I don't remember the exact date. Anyway -- figured I'd share:

Last edited by NotBaker on Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotBaker

Re: Old DBL Interview (1995)

Postby wALLton » Mon May 08, 2017 6:08 am

Not working or me, I only see:

wALLton

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah, I can't see it either. Well let's see, that would have been Dave, Sam, Hunter and John and they had released "punrock..." the year before, so I bet the interview went something like:

Well, we are touring off the new record with new members and we finally feel more like a band than a side-project and it really shows in our songs. For this record, Hunter wrote a bunch and Sam added some, it was great to work out songs with them and I look forward to writing more as a band. We will/just played some shows with Nofx and/or Offspring and it was great getting our songs out to people who might have heard of us but never "heard" us. We might make a video for MTV soon. We are just enjoying getting to play these songs for fans of the band. I get asked if I'm straight edge all the time and yes I do know what that one word in 500 Miles is, I just thought it would be funny to have that lyric in our cover.
FlexMyHead

Postby Hal » Mon May 08, 2017 11:13 am

FlexMyHead wrote:Yeah, I can't see it either. Well let's see, that would have been Dave, Sam, Hunter and John and they had released "punrock..." the year before, so I bet the interview went something like:

Well, we are touring off the new record with new members and we finally feel more like a band than a side-project and it really shows in our songs. For this record, Hunter wrote a bunch and Sam added some, it was great to work out songs with them and I look forward to writing more as a band. We will/just played some shows with Nofx and/or Offspring and it was great getting our songs out to people who might have heard of us but never "heard" us. We might make a video for MTV soon. We are just enjoying getting to play these songs for fans of the band. I get asked if I'm straight edge all the time and yes I do know what that one word in 500 Miles is, I just thought it would be funny to have that lyric in our cover.

GOLD :lol:
Hal

Postby NotBaker » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:Yeah, I can't see it either. Well let's see, that would have been Dave, Sam, Hunter and John and they had released "punrock..." the year before, so I bet the interview went something like:

Well with this kind of spot-on accuracy, I almost don't want to fix my post! :) :) :)
NotBaker

Postby NotBaker » Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm

wALLton wrote:Not working or me, I only see:

FIXED! (above)
NotBaker

Postby earthdog70 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Cool-thanks for posting. I also dug the club listing. I toiled in clubs including 15 Minutes club and Asylum in Exile playing to 10 people in the early 90's. Good times :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Return to daghouse