New T.S.O.L song

New T.S.O.L song

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Here is the first song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRQtap ... e=youtu.be

I dig the song, more melodic than their usual sound, but I'm sure the record will strike a good balance.

Pre-orders are up:

http://tsol.merchnow.com/

8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: New T.S.O.L song

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:10 pm

I like the track, but this is nothing like what I remember TSOL sounding like. This is Social Distortion meets the Replacements.

Last time I saw them open for Flag, the sound was almost completely different. And even that was a long way from the early records.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:47 pm

This kicks all sorts of ass.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby captain2man » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Sounds good to me....

Has anyone heard that new Joykiller record? (Music for Break-Ups).....I love it. Love those old Joykiller records....even the last one when Grisham's crooning was in full effect. Pop gold.
captain2man

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:20 pm

captain2man wrote:Sounds good to me....

Has anyone heard that new Joykiller record? (Music for Break-Ups).....I love it. Love those old Joykiller records....even the last one when Grisham's crooning was in full effect. Pop gold.

I loved Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Free Downloads as well. Good call.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:42 pm

captain2man wrote:Sounds good to me....

Three is my favorite Jack Grisham record and, possibly, my favorite record of the 1990s. Have you heard the Manic Low record he did a few years back? It's also great.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby captain2man » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:40 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Three is my favorite Jack Grisham record and, possibly, my favorite record of the 1990s. Have you heard the Manic Low record he did a few years back? It's also great.

I love 'Three' as well...I know a lot of people didn't like it....a little too light in the loafers for some.

I do have the Manic Low record but never really sank my teeth into it. I'll have to revisit it at some point.
captain2man

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

captain2man wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Three is my favorite Jack Grisham record and, possibly, my favorite record of the 1990s. Have you heard the Manic Low record he did a few years back? It's also great.

I love 'Three' as well...I know a lot of people didn't like it....a little too light in the loafers for some.

I do have the Manic Low record but never really sank my teeth into it. I'll have to revisit it at some point.

Start with Some Days Are Gray. It's maybe the best pop song Jack has ever done.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby scannest » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Three is my favorite Jack Grisham record and, possibly, my favorite record of the 1990s.

I listened to this on my lunch hour and holy hell, that was not what I expected. Woodwinds, strings, keyboards?! Based on the label and the participants I just assumed they were some goofy, gothy pop-punk band. That is a seriously good record.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:51 pm

scannest wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Three is my favorite Jack Grisham record and, possibly, my favorite record of the 1990s.

I listened to this on my lunch hour and holy hell, that was not what I expected. Woodwinds, strings, keyboards?! Based on the label and the participants I just assumed they were some goofy, gothy pop-punk band. That is a seriously good record.

Yeah, it's ridiculously good. The second Joykiller record, Static, has some great stuff also. Like this:

xxxHunterxxx

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:49 pm

I ordered the vinyl. I also really dug the last Joykiller record, I bought the MP3's via the Kickstarter (maybe Indie-a go?) campaign. I'm hoping for more touring in 2017. :idea:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Return to daghouse