Metallica 'Hardwired... to Self Destruct'

Metallica 'Hardwired... to Self Destruct'

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm

Haters fuck off. This album is great. And the Ronnie James Rainbow medley is excellent.'

Rating: 9/10
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Metallica 'Hardwired... to Self Destruct'

Postby gregpolard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:42 am

Ill have to give it another spin at some point. It's a bit too long, I feel. I also think they pre-released all of the best songs before the album. The production is better than Death Magnetic though, which I did enjoy.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:53 pm

gregpolard wrote:Ill have to give it another spin at some point. It's a bit too long, I feel. I also think they pre-released all of the best songs before the album. The production is better than Death Magnetic though, which I did enjoy.

Oh.....hi...there, Greg.

Gotta be honest here. I don't think that I recall giving you (or anyone) permission to have an opinion on this record. Kindly remember that I did see them right after the 1st album came out.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:34 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Ill have to give it another spin at some point. It's a bit too long, I feel. I also think they pre-released all of the best songs before the album. The production is better than Death Magnetic though, which I did enjoy.

Oh.....hi...there, Greg.

Gotta be honest here. I don't think that I recall giving you (or anyone) permission to have an opinion on this record. Kindly remember that I did see them right after the 1st album came out.

You know damn well you wanted my opinion on this !
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:52 pm

oh?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby sonofa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Ordered from Amazon and have been playing non-stop. Lars I feel really stepped up the drumming and more Hammett leads than you can shake a stick at. It also is on Amazon prime for free but worth the buy.
sonofa

Postby sonofa » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Plus the song Hardwired..to Self Destruct is like a new theme for "Trump's America"
sonofa

Postby scannest » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:33 am

I picked it up with the bonus live CD. I like the production, but on initial listen the riffs aren't as memorable as 'Death Magnetic' (and Metallica are all about James' riffs for all I care).
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Return to daghouse