An interesting take on his early 80's solo career:

https://thatsneate.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... 1980-1982/

8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Colin Newman

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Really liking the most 2 recent Wire albums these days;

'Nocturnal Koreans' (2016) and Wire 'S/t' (2015)

Both albums seem to continue on that Eno-esque sound they got on '154'. I think they're gotten into my top 10 bands of all time.

I like Colin's "A-Z' album too but the song titles escape me and I think they might as well just be Wire songs.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Really liking the most 2 recent Wire albums these days;

'Nocturnal Koreans' (2016) and Wire 'S/t' (2015)

Both albums seem to continue on that Eno-esque sound they got on '154'. I think they're gotten into my top 10 bands of all time.

I like Colin's "A-Z' album too but the song titles escape me and I think they might as well just be Wire songs.

Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:02 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.

I didn't even know that this was a thing. Looks like a 2011 release that I never knew about. Have to check it out. I know there's a lot of early career live recordings around now. It's gotten beyond the point where I can identify which songs are on which albums. They are officially into Guided by Voices territory. And seeing them live without knowing a semi accurate setlist ahead of time annoys the shit out of me as I've said in the past.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:20 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.

I didn't even know that this was a thing. Looks like a 2011 release that I never knew about. Have to check it out. I know there's a lot of early career live recordings around now. It's gotten beyond the point where I can identify which songs are on which albums. They are officially into Guided by Voices territory. And seeing them live without knowing a semi accurate setlist ahead of time annoys the shit out of me as I've said in the past.

I saw the Red Bark Tree tour show. It was great. They played exactly two songs I knew and, still, I loved it.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Return to daghouse