Colin Newman

Colin Newman

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

An interesting take on his early 80's solo career:

https://thatsneate.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... 1980-1982/


8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
earthdog70
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Beyond The Wildwood

Re: Colin Newman

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Really liking the most 2 recent Wire albums these days;

'Nocturnal Koreans' (2016) and Wire 'S/t' (2015)

Both albums seem to continue on that Eno-esque sound they got on '154'. I think they're gotten into my top 10 bands of all time.

I like Colin's "A-Z' album too but the song titles escape me and I think they might as well just be Wire songs.
"Everyone has their own truth. And life does whatever the fuck it wants."
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2160
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Colin Newman

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Really liking the most 2 recent Wire albums these days;

'Nocturnal Koreans' (2016) and Wire 'S/t' (2015)

Both albums seem to continue on that Eno-esque sound they got on '154'. I think they're gotten into my top 10 bands of all time.

I like Colin's "A-Z' album too but the song titles escape me and I think they might as well just be Wire songs.


Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Colin Newman

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:02 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.


I didn't even know that this was a thing. Looks like a 2011 release that I never knew about. Have to check it out. I know there's a lot of early career live recordings around now. It's gotten beyond the point where I can identify which songs are on which albums. They are officially into Guided by Voices territory. And seeing them live without knowing a semi accurate setlist ahead of time annoys the shit out of me as I've said in the past.
"Everyone has their own truth. And life does whatever the fuck it wants."
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 2160
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Colin Newman

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:20 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Howzabout Red Bark Tree? I thought that one was great.


I didn't even know that this was a thing. Looks like a 2011 release that I never knew about. Have to check it out. I know there's a lot of early career live recordings around now. It's gotten beyond the point where I can identify which songs are on which albums. They are officially into Guided by Voices territory. And seeing them live without knowing a semi accurate setlist ahead of time annoys the shit out of me as I've said in the past.


I saw the Red Bark Tree tour show. It was great. They played exactly two songs I knew and, still, I loved it.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests