Saint Vitus in Seattle

Saint Vitus in Seattle

Postby creature » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:53 am

creature

Re: Saint Vitus in Seattle

Postby captain2man » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

creature wrote:http://theressomethinghardinthere.blogspot.com/2016/10/storm-of-doom-saint-vitus-reigns-in.html

Saw this show at Saint Vitus Bar in Brooklyn a few weeks back. The novelty of seeing Saint Vitus play the song Saint Vitus from the album Saint Vitus at Saint Vitus Bar wasn't lost on me.

I'm not a HUGE doom metal guy, but Saint Vitus and Trouble are really two of the few bands I'd reach for (I love Candlemass too). The Skull album that came out recently on Tee Pee is really good, so it was cool hearing those songs, but hearing a few OLD Trouble songs was amazing.

As far as Saint Vitus goes....to see them play with Scott Reagers really meant a lot to me. I used to do my paper route to those old Saint Vitus albums. Wino is a legend, but those original Saint Vitus records are the ones that I have listened to the most by far. I loved every second of that show and got to talk to Scott very briefly after the show and appreciated he was out on tour with them. He seemed to really enjoy it. I'm assuming Wino will come back to the fold eventually, but if Scott remained a permanent fixture, I wouldn't be upset about it.

Witch Mountain were interesting. I can't say I walked away a fan....but her vocals were unlike anything I've heard in a doom metal band. With that voice, she could be on Broadway....and I'd be shocked if she didn't have some sort of musical theater background. The juxtaposition of their music with her vocals was very strange and, honestly, I'm not sure it worked....but I was very impressed with her pipes.
captain2man

Postby tad ghostal » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 am

Saw this show (minus Ancient Warlocks) in Chicago. Great show! I wasn't familiar with Witch Mountain's music beforehand but they were great and the vocalist was amazing. Saint Vitus and The Skull absolutely ripped! Thee Slayer Hippy was playing drums for The Skull on the US-leg of this tour.
tad ghostal

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Very cool pics. I've never seen them live.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse