DC Dags Shout-Out!

DC Dags Shout-Out!

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Great time this weekend visiting my old stomping grounds so I could attend the John Stabb memorial service Saturday night.

Fun time with Version Sound Saturday afternoon record-shopping. We ran into L.A.D. at Smash Records :o

Awesome to see Plucky and and some of his family at the event. Also Krrl, Aimee and Shaun from Factory Incident. And last but not least Derrick (and his better half) my old band mate from Sleeper Agent! 8-)

All the speeches given were excellent and very touching. The ones that really moved me were Derrick's, Danny Ingram's, Boyd Farrell's and J. Robbins. Fantastic pictures of John were featured on a slideshow and music from his personal collection was played after everyone spoke. Very emotional at times for me but so glad I made the event.

Sorry I didn't get to talk to Danny and Hunter, I guess they made early exits after all the speakers finished.

Thanks to all, it was a weekend I won't forget too soon. :D
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: DC Dags Shout-Out!

Postby Welly » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Last edited by Welly on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby NotBaker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Nice write-up. I hadn't heard about this (and wouldn't have been able to make it), but it made me smile to read it. RIP John.
NotBaker

Postby danny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:31 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Great time this weekend visiting my old stomping grounds so I could attend the John Stabb memorial service Saturday night.

Fun time with Version Sound Saturday afternoon record-shopping. We ran into L.A.D. at Smash Records :o

Awesome to see Plucky and and some of his family at the event. Also Krrl, Aimee and Shaun from Factory Incident. And last but not least Derrick (and his better half) my old band mate from Sleeper Agent! 8-)

All the speeches given were excellent and very touching. The ones that really moved me were Derrick's, Danny Ingram's, Boyd Farrell's and J. Robbins. Fantastic pictures of John were featured on a slideshow and music from his personal collection was played after everyone spoke. Very emotional at times for me but so glad I made the event.

Sorry I didn't get to talk to Danny and Hunter, I guess they made early exits after all the speakers finished.

Thanks to all, it was a weekend I won't forget too soon. :D

Sorry I missed you. It was quite a memorable night. I stuck around until about 9:30, but I had the family with me and had been up for about 30 hours straight by the time it started (i flew in from Seattle on the red-eye in order to be there - but go no sleep on the plane or during the day before the memorial). There were a lot of people there whom I haven't seen in ages (Amy Pickering, Mark Alberstadt, Carolyn Ely, Joe Lally). I think John would have been well pleased by the tributes and by the turnout of old friends and bandmates. he was quite a guy.
danny

Postby version sound » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:54 am

It's always good to see earthdog, and he put me to shame in terms of record buying. It was also nice to see LAD (congrats on being a dad!). The memorial looked really nice. I decided to stay home because it looked more like a friends and family thing, and I really didn't know John very well. It's still hard for me to really get my head around the fact that he's gone.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Return to daghouse