The Mission UK - "another fall from grace"

The Mission UK - "another fall from grace"

Postby WrEtcH » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:50 pm

The Mission release their new album, "Another Fall From Grace", on 30th September 2016, except the USA (released 14th October). Available on CD, double CD (w/bonus DVD), Vinyl and digital download versions, it was produced by Wayne Hussey and Tim Palmer and features guest backing vocals from Gary Numan, Martin Gore (Depeche Mode), Ville Valo (HIM), Julianne Regan (All About Eve), & Evi Vine.

ANOTHER FALL FROM GRACE

For me, this new Mission album is the long lost missing link between the Sisters Of Mercy’s First & Last & Always and The Mission’s God’s Own Medicine, both albums of course that I was heavily involved in making. I set out this time with the intention of making an album that sounds like 1985. The fact that I feel this has largely been achieved is down to my renewed love for the jingle jangle shimmer of the electric 12 string guitar which featured heavily on those two previously mentioned albums and now the new Mission album.

This is a dark album although I didn’t set out with that intention, it’s just the way things unfolded. I know I did go a little crazy and even a little paranoid during the recording of this album, certainly my mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well being all suffered during the course of it. And I think that has informed both the music and the lyrics. So much of this was done in isolation - from the world, from my family, from my friends, and even from my band mates. I can’t say it’s an album I enjoyed making but it is an album I NEEDED to make. It is with huge relief that I can now say it is finished and maybe it’s like an acute pain that you have that once it’s gone you can’t remember how it felt. I hope so as I would like one day to feel the fondness for this record that it maybe deserves.
Wayne Hussey 12th Aug 2016

MET-AMOR-PHOSIS

On September 2nd The Mission release the gloriously melodramatic Met-Amor-Phosis, the first single from their forthcoming new album.

Co-Produced by Tim Palmer and Wayne Hussey, Met-Amor-Phosis features backing vocals by HIM front man Ville Valo and marks a return for The Mission to their classic anthemic swagger and bombast. The Met-Amor-Phosis digital only single includes a haunting acoustic version by Wayne Hussey and a high energy club version called, ‘The Black Star Remix’ by Evansson.
Met-Amor-Phosis emerged following a coastal drive from LA to San Francisco, explains Wayne - “Bowie had just died and whilst the first verse is mostly autobiographical having also recently read Kafka’s novel of the same title the second verse is certainly flavoured by Bowie’s passing’’.

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO here:
https://youtu.be/f3LVWnHhzNA

CD ALBUM TRACK LISTING: (EWSR020)

Another Fall From Grace
Met-Amor-Phosis
Within The Deepest Darkness (Fearful)
Blood On The Road
Can't See The Ocean For The Rain
Tyranny Of Secrets
Never's Longer Than Forever
Bullets & Bayonets
Valaam
Jade
Only You & You Alone
Phantom Pain

VINYL TRACK LISTING: (EWSRLP007)

Side A
Another Fall From Grace
Met-Amor-Phosis
Blood On The Road
Tyranny Of Secrets

Side B
Only You & You Alone
Bullets & Bayonets
Valaam
Phantom Pain
VINYL & DELUXE CD INFO
VINYL ( EWSRLP007 )
8 track 180 gram vinyl with lyrics and free download code inside for the complete digital album.
DELUXE 2 X CD 1 X DVD ( EWSR021 )
Contains full album on CD, an instrumental version of the album on CD with bonus remix track ‘Met-Amor-Phosis ( Black Star remix) ’ and a 93 minute DVD featuring never before seen footage from 1987 of The Mission performing at Elland Road, Leeds, supporting U2, Aston Villa Leisure Centre as The Metal Gurus and The Royal Court in Liverpool for the Hillsborough benefit gig, both from 1989, producer Tim Palmer’s home footage of the recording of ‘Carved in Sand’ /’Butterfly on a Wheel’ video, and the promo video for new single ‘Met-Amor-Phosis’.
PRE ORDER NOW : http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/the-mission
^v^
WrEtcH

Re: The Mission UK - "another fall from grace"

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:23 pm

I pre-ordered the deluxe CD, I hope they follow this up with a US tour and don't skip Boston this time :idea:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:02 pm

earthdog70 wrote:I pre-ordered the deluxe CD, I hope they follow this up with a US tour and don't skip Boston this time :idea:

the last tour was sooo good even though the Regency was 70% empty
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Just watched the DVD that came with the deluxe version. Cool footage of them opening for U2 in a stadium, behind the scenes during the making of the "Butterfly on a Wheel" video, plus footage of them recording Carved in Sand. Pretty entertaining.

I noticed in the new record credits that besides recording in England and Brazil, they recorded in DC at the Lake Studio :?: Wondering if any DC Dagsters ran into Wayne Hussey last year at SBarro's or something :D
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Return to daghouse