Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:58 am

Jesus Christ, I'm sick of them.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Weddings!

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 am

Better than funerals.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 am

You still have to go to weddings? We're way past that and have even moved beyond the baby shower stage for the most part. Now, our friends are getting divorced.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 am

scannest wrote:Better than funerals.

Agreed.

xxxHunterxxx wrote:You still have to go to weddings? We're way past that and have even moved beyond the baby shower stage for the most part. Now, our friends are getting divorced.

It's all my wife's friends, mostly. My friends are generally old and married or too dysfunctional to maintain a relationship long enough to get to the altar.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:53 am

Normally not a big fan of weddings....end up costing me a lot of money and stress. We got married in a courthouse with no one there, no big thing. It was great.

But...the wedding I went to over the weekend for one of my best friends was the right way to do it. They had it in Cape May, NJ on the beach....a party afterwards. Real laid back and low key and fun.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby FormerLurker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:08 am

I fucking love weddings.
FormerLurker

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:43 am

FormerLurker wrote:I fucking love weddings.

What is there to love, other than cake and alcohol?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby FormerLurker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 am

version sound wrote:

Seeing old friends again, the experience of everyone being happy (esp. bride and groom), the awe of such a life-changing event, seeing all the old people dance, laugh and smile, etc.
FormerLurker

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 am

I guess I'd enjoy it more if it were my friends getting married. Weddings in DC are rarely in DC. They are usually at least an hour away in Maryland or Virginia, so you get the joy of driving, then trying to find the fucking place, followed by awkward conversation with people you barely know. As a vegetarian, the food you get usually sucks too.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:38 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:You still have to go to weddings? We're way past that and have even moved beyond the baby shower stage for the most part. Now, our friends are getting divorced.

This (well some of our friends; thankfully others are still married/together).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

JGJR wrote:

This (well some of our friends; thankfully others are still married/together).

I can only think of one friend who has been divorced, and that was in the '90s.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 am

FormerLurker wrote:
version sound wrote:

Seeing old friends again, the experience of everyone being happy (esp. bride and groom), the awe of such a life-changing event, seeing all the old people dance, laugh and smile, etc.

I'm with FormerLurker. Sorry in advance for the level of sappiness I'm about to display here, but the day I got married along with the day our son was born are both tied for best day of my life.
JGJR

Postby Janelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

gregpolard wrote:Normally not a big fan of weddings....end up costing me a lot of money and stress. We got married in a courthouse with no one there, no big thing. It was great.

But...the wedding I went to over the weekend for one of my best friends was the right way to do it. They had it in Cape May, NJ on the beach....a party afterwards. Real laid back and low key and fun.

I guess my reply (originally to Hunter) got messed up - not even about what I'm about to write. I was in the process of writing my thing and my Grandma called! Anyway, about this, how you got married, that's cool! I like your version. One of my best friends got married maybe five years ago now and he did it at the courthouse and I'm like, that's how I'd want it! Not a big to-do and not a huge money thing. Not to put it down if you have the means and want something extravagant! Then go for it. I'm sure that can be a beautiful day! It's just not something I've always dreamed of, as, I've heard a lot of women - esp in this days of dumb "Bridezilla" making it out to be the be-all end -all. It's like, it's about the marriage, the relationship, the life you have from now on, not the wedding party and how much you can out-spend!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 am

Okay. Let me try this again. I was going to say that, it's weird because now I'm in the stage where EVERYONE is getting married. And I'm not sure how old you are, but it seems to go in cycles. Like, I had two friends who got married early, early-20s like in-college, straight-out-of-college, and had kids. But for the most part most of my friends just now it's like every other day I hear, "Oh we're engaged!" I guess nowadays it's more an early-30s thing. Then, Clash77 is on the other side, 10 years on me, what you're saying, his friends went through this and now when we met, most of his friends are divorced. Not all, but most. I guess that's bad statistics, but suffice it to say it's disillusioning to him... And it sucks because - I would want it in my lifetime but ......not happening.
Last edited by Janelle on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 am

JGJR wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
version sound wrote:

I'm with FormerLurker. Sorry in advance for the level of sappiness I'm about to display here, but the day I got married along with the day our son was born are both tied for best day of my life.

JGJR that's the best thing ever!!
Janelle

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:26 am

Funny, the birth of my daughter was completely traumatic for me. She was tangled in her umbilical cord and my wife ended up having an emergency cesarean. It's nearly 4 years later, and I still get upset thinking about it. My wedding day was cool, but a good day with my daughter beats it hands down.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Janelle wrote:
JGJR wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
version sound wrote:

JGJR that's the best thing ever!!

Indeed it is!
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

version sound wrote:Funny, the birth of my daughter was completely traumatic for me. She was tangled in her umbilical cord and my wife ended up having an emergency cesarean. It's nearly 4 years later, and I still get upset thinking about it. My wedding day was cool, but a good day with my daughter beats it hands down.

Fuck. That must have been traumatic. What's interesting in our case is that the birth itself was very easy (relatively speaking), but since he was born 5 1/2 weeks early, he had to spend a month in the hospital and that was the traumatic part for us.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 pm

The wedding we were at had some awesome vegetarian friendly food.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:18 am

JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:Funny, the birth of my daughter was completely traumatic for me. She was tangled in her umbilical cord and my wife ended up having an emergency cesarean. It's nearly 4 years later, and I still get upset thinking about it. My wedding day was cool, but a good day with my daughter beats it hands down.

Fuck. That must have been traumatic. What's interesting in our case is that the birth itself was very easy (relatively speaking), but since he was born 5 1/2 weeks early, he had to spend a month in the hospital and that was the traumatic part for us.

It was awful. The kids heart rate kept dropping and alarms would go off and medical personnel would run into the room. It wasn't like "oh, c-section, boom you're done" either. My wife was in labor for 12 hours before the c-section. She was so jacked on endorphins that she didn't even notice all the shit that was going on, so she missed all the drama.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:42 am

1. Birth of my son
2. Watching game 6 of the 1986 World Series

All the other stuff
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:18 am

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:

It was awful. The kids heart rate kept dropping and alarms would go off and medical personnel would run into the room. It wasn't like "oh, c-section, boom you're done" either. My wife was in labor for 12 hours before the c-section. She was so jacked on endorphins that she didn't even notice all the shit that was going on, so she missed all the drama.

It never is. My understanding is that the mother has a much longer hospital stay after a c-section and the bills tend to be much higher for that reason and others as well. It's major abdominal surgery and IMO should only be performed when necessary. I don't get folks who schedule them unless it's for medical reasons. I'm glad that probably as a reaction to the home birth movement (and related documentaries like The Business of Being Born) and for other reasons, some hospitals (like the one we went to) are actively trying to reduce c-section rates and also to promote breastfeeding, etc.

In any case, sorry you had to go through all of that!
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 am

scannest wrote:2. Watching game 6 of the 1986 World Series

All the other stuff

I've always liked you. Where you are actually at Shea for that game?
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:53 am

JGJR wrote:I've always liked you. Where you are actually at Shea for that game?

Nah, just watching it with a bunch of friends on TV. If I had been at Shea it would be no. 1 on the list.
scannest

Postby pedro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:57 am

Pavlov's dog wrote:Fuck you.
Hello.
pedro

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 am

pedro wrote:

Pavlov's dog wrote:Fuck you.

No. 3 - Watching Doris Kearns Goodwin tear up while recalling game 6 in that Ken Burns documentary.
scannest

Postby pedro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 pm

On the night of October October 26, 1986, I watched Game 6 of the World Series in the basement of my dorm room. I was a freshman. I was watching with about 10 guys who I had met sometime in the last 2 months. Well, actually, I had met most of them watching the baseball playoffs over the previous couple of weeks in the exact same basement. This many years later, I only remember a few of their names; Matt, James and Tim.

There was one Met fan in the group. I don't remember his name, but I remember him laying on the floor in (literally) tears as Wade Boggs scored on Marty Barrett's single in the top of the 10th to put the Sox ahead 5-3. The Red Sox fans were going crazy. 68 years of futility was about to go down the drain. There was a pig pile of joy in front of the TV, except for crybaby-Met fan. We Sox fans were basically ignoring him, the pathetic schmuck. Even we were happy when Jim Rice flied out for the last out of the top of 10th.

Pitching for the Sox was Calvin Schiraldi. The rookie had pitched very well for the Sox in the playoffs, but he had already pitched two innings. He hadn't pitched that much in a single game all year. He got Wally Backman and Keith Hernandez with little trouble. Carter singled, Mitchell singled, Knight singled, Carter scored, Stanley came in, wild pitch, Mitchell scored, Wilson, Buckner and a hearty fuck you to John McNamara ended our night.

James picked up the keg they were drinking from (not me, I was xxxpedroxxx at the time) and threw it into the television. The TV basically exploded. I got the hell out of there. We all had a meeting with the resident assistant the next day. Luckily, he was a big speed metal guy and was interested in my punk records, so I was cool. He knew I didn't drink and had nothing to do with the keg-through-TV incident. They other guys had to pay for a new TV. It would not get there in time for Game 7, even after the rain out the next night. We all watched Game 7 across the parking lot in the common room of the girls dorm. We Red Sox fans knew it was over, even when the Sox went up 3-0.

But all that is ancient history now.

Last edited by pedro on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Those Game 6 stories (well, pedro's) are much more interesting than my own. I just watched it at home on TV as I was 11 at the time (though I'd attended a game at Shea at that point after much pleading as my mom took me to a meaningless end of the year game the year before after the Mets had already been eliminated; I think it was against the Expos).
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:44 pm

pedro wrote:We all watched Game 7 across the parking lot in the common room of the girls dorm. We Red Sox fans knew it was over, even when the Sox went up 3-0.

I don't think I've ever heard a Red Sox fan say they had any hopes of winning game 7. I don't know why. If they could come that close in a Game 6, why would winning Game 7 be so unimaginable?
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:48 pm

scannest wrote:
pedro wrote:We all watched Game 7 across the parking lot in the common room of the girls dorm. We Red Sox fans knew it was over, even when the Sox went up 3-0.

I don't think I've ever heard a Red Sox fan say they had any hopes of winning game 7. I don't know why. If they could come that close in a Game 6, why would winning Game 7 be so unimaginable?

It's the mental toll of being that close to overturning the curse of the Bambino and then failing. I agree with pedro that game 7 was a foregone conclusion, though as he noted the Mets had to come back to win that one (in nowhere near as dramatic of a fashion, though), too.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 pm

JGJR wrote:
scannest wrote:

It's the mental toll of being that close to overturning the curse of the Bambino and then failing. I agree with pedro that game 7 was a foregone conclusion, though as he noted the Mets had to come back to win that one (in nowhere near as dramatic of a fashion, though), too.

I'll add this - I watched Game 6 at a friend's house with about a dozen Mets fans and it was a night for the ages - the veritable "emotional rollercoaster". But after that I watched Game 7 home, by myself (my sister and/or mom may have popped their head in at various points). I mean, that's when they WON the series, but I can tell you little about what I felt at the end of that game.
scannest

Postby captain2man » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Janelle wrote:I guess my reply (originally to Hunter) got messed up - not even about what I'm about to write. I was in the process of writing my thing and my Grandma called! Anyway, about this, how you got married, that's cool! I like your version. One of my best friends got married maybe five years ago now and he did it at the courthouse and I'm like, that's how I'd want it! Not a big to-do and not a huge money thing. Not to put it down if you have the means and want something extravagant! Then go for it. I'm sure that can be a beautiful day! It's just not something I've always dreamed of, as, I've heard a lot of women - esp in this days of dumb "Bridezilla" making it out to be the be-all end -all. It's like, it's about the marriage, the relationship, the life you have from now on, not the wedding party and how much you can out-spend!

Ah....you psyched me out....I thought you were talking about us until I saw the Courthouse part.

Anna & I got married in my parents' backyard by our friend Jay (guitarist in Endangered Feces). 7 people, not including us. $40 for the license. A delicious sushi dinner. Done.

I don't think we had any less fun doing it that way than if we had a mega-wedding - it was every bit as memorable and maybe in a sense we enjoyed it more than we would have because: (a) we got to enjoy every moment of it along with the family we had there without constantly having to walk around, greet everyone, take a zillion pictures, etc.; and (b) we're not saddled with debt for the next 20 years to pay off a one-day event.

Definitely one of the best days of my life......although the day we got engaged was really something as well. Not really sure how to quantify moments like that.
captain2man

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:39 pm

captain2man wrote:
Janelle wrote:I guess my reply (originally to Hunter) got messed up - not even about what I'm about to write. I was in the process of writing my thing and my Grandma called! Anyway, about this, how you got married, that's cool! I like your version. One of my best friends got married maybe five years ago now and he did it at the courthouse and I'm like, that's how I'd want it! Not a big to-do and not a huge money thing. Not to put it down if you have the means and want something extravagant! Then go for it. I'm sure that can be a beautiful day! It's just not something I've always dreamed of, as, I've heard a lot of women - esp in this days of dumb "Bridezilla" making it out to be the be-all end -all. It's like, it's about the marriage, the relationship, the life you have from now on, not the wedding party and how much you can out-spend!

Ah....you psyched me out....I thought you were talking about us until I saw the Courthouse part.

Anna & I got married in my parents' backyard by our friend Jay (guitarist in Endangered Feces). 7 people, not including us. $40 for the license. A delicious sushi dinner. Done.

I don't think we had any less fun doing it that way than if we had a mega-wedding - it was every bit as memorable and maybe in a sense we enjoyed it more than we would have because: (a) we got to enjoy every moment of it along with the family we had there without constantly having to walk around, greet everyone, take a zillion pictures, etc.; and (b) we're not saddled with debt for the next 20 years to pay off a one-day event.

Definitely one of the best days of my life......although the day we got engaged was really something as well. Not really sure how to quantify moments like that.

That sounds awesome. A good friend of mine got married in her parents' backyard in upstate New York about 9 years ago and there couldn't have been more than 40-50 folks there IIRC, myself included. It was awesome, though a bit too hot out that day.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Wedding Bands >>>>> Wedding DJs
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby NotBaker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 am

version sound wrote:Wedding Bands >>>>> Wedding DJs

Nope. The year my wife and I got married, I think we went to something like 12 other weddings, and skipped another 2. (Yeah, it was a busy year.) Two of those weddings had bands. Both were incredible weddings -- great food, great location, and way more expensive than our wedding. The bands were both good, but you're essentially stuck with one kind of music, and after awhile, all the songs start to sound the same. With a DJ, you can mix it up as much as you want -- songs to introduce the wedding party, jazz during the meal, classic and modern dance music later on. We got our DJ from another wedding my wife went to that year (no +1 for me that time), and he was great.

But I'll give you that bad DJs are terrible. Like the one from the first wedding I went to that year. Teva sandals. Oversized (novelty?) dinner jacket. Played "Back that Ass Up" when introducing the the bride or groom's grandmother. Oof.
NotBaker

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:25 am

NotBaker wrote:
version sound wrote:Wedding Bands >>>>> Wedding DJs

Nope. The year my wife and I got married, I think we went to something like 12 other weddings, and skipped another 2. (Yeah, it was a busy year.) Two of those weddings had bands. Both were incredible weddings -- great food, great location, and way more expensive than our wedding. The bands were both good, but you're essentially stuck with one kind of music, and after awhile, all the songs start to sound the same. With a DJ, you can mix it up as much as you want -- songs to introduce the wedding party, jazz during the meal, classic and modern dance music later on. We got our DJ from another wedding my wife went to that year (no +1 for me that time), and he was great.

But I'll give you that bad DJs are terrible. Like the one from the first wedding I went to that year. Teva sandals. Oversized (novelty?) dinner jacket. Played "Back that Ass Up" when introducing the the bride or groom's grandmother. Oof.

This. I was happy with our DJ, though. He was at one point the drummer for The Trolleyvox (a great local band who are now kind of defunct or on hiatus; another one of their bassists is the white guy who ended up in The Roots for a few years; long story) and part of a wedding DJ company called No Macarena, so he played a lot of good stuff. The Shins, Nick Drake, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson and other good stuff was played at our wedding. We kept it to stuff that wasn't too heavy to appease the (mostly) older guests and of course there was a lot of '60s Motown and other stuff to get those same older folks out on the dance floor, but overall I was pleased with it.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:05 am

Hipsters. Most wedding DJs play the same old shit. A decent wedding band can play all that crap and be more interesting doing it. They can also back the groom when he sings to the bride, which is cool. Subjecting wedding guests to indie soft rock just seems wrong.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 am

version sound wrote:Hipsters. Most wedding DJs play the same old shit. A decent wedding band can play all that crap and be more interesting doing it. They can also back the groom when he sings to the bride, which is cool. Subjecting wedding guests to indie soft rock just seems wrong.

It was during the cocktail hour IIRC and the guests didn't notice it one way or the other than a few friends of ours who picked it out right away. They were like little nods to us and our group of friends. Most of the guests at our wedding were either relatives (close and distant) or friends of either my parents or my wife's parents.

Not that I should have to defend our choices or those of our DJ's...
JGJR

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 am

Loved our DJ. He was a 60-year-old gay ballroom dance instructor who DJed on the side. Totally respectful of all our wishes. We gave him a list of must-plays, a list of "play this and you don't get paid" tracks, and he took care of everything. We didn't even have to supply him with all our Son Volt and Austin Lucas songs.
FormerLurker

Postby version sound » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:22 am

JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:Hipsters. Most wedding DJs play the same old shit. A decent wedding band can play all that crap and be more interesting doing it. They can also back the groom when he sings to the bride, which is cool. Subjecting wedding guests to indie soft rock just seems wrong.

It was during the cocktail hour IIRC and the guests didn't notice it one way or the other than a few friends of ours who picked it out right away. They were like little nods to us and our group of friends. Most of the guests at our wedding were either relatives (close and distant) or friends of either my parents or my wife's parents.

Not that I should have to defend our choices or those of our DJ's...

Secret hipster head nods? Even worse.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 am

version sound wrote:Secret hipster head nods? Even worse.

It takes one to know one. And don't bring my friend Jack's old early '80s band into this. :lol:
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 pm

the worst thing about weddings is when they are in the middle of fucking nowhere. the last one i went to was in hudson, new york which is the most boring fucking town ever with no good bars and i missed the start of NFL seasoning traveling. i was in JFK and i couldn't even get the waiter to put on the giants game because of the goddamn masters.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

JGJR wrote:

It takes one to know one. And don't bring my friend Jack's old early '80s band into this. :lol:

Look, being a dick is my business, and business is good.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Look, being a dick is my business, and business is good.

Touche (at least sometimes like on this board but usually it's just a polite rejoinder when slightly provoked).
JGJR

Postby obik » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm going to marry Pedro when I grow up.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm

obik wrote:I'm going to marry Pedro when I grow up.

Uh oh! :lol: Penelope Houston will be jealous!
JGJR

Postby obik » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 pm

JGJR wrote:

Uh oh! :lol: Penelope Houston will be jealous!

There's more than enough of me to go around.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby pedro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 pm

How many times do I have to tell you?

WE ARE THROUGH. DONE. FINAL.

Cross that line one more time and there will be a restraining order on your ass.
Hello.
pedro

Postby obik » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 pm

pedro wrote:

How many times do I have to tell you?

WE ARE THROUGH. DONE. FINAL.

Cross that line one more time and there will be a restraining order on your ass.

You're so cute when you're playing hard to get.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby mommagriz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Janelle wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Normally not a big fan of weddings....end up costing me a lot of money and stress. We got married in a courthouse with no one there, no big thing. It was great.

I guess my reply (originally to Hunter) got messed up - not even about what I'm about to write. I was in the process of writing my thing and my Grandma called! Anyway, about this, how you got married, that's cool! I like your version. One of my best friends got married maybe five years ago now and he did it at the courthouse and I'm like, that's how I'd want it! Not a big to-do and not a huge money thing. Not to put it down if you have the means and want something extravagant! Then go for it. I'm sure that can be a beautiful day! It's just not something I've always dreamed of, as, I've heard a lot of women - esp in this days of dumb "Bridezilla" making it out to be the be-all end -all. It's like, it's about the marriage, the relationship, the life you have from now on, not the wedding party and how much you can out-spend!

I am so with you on this. I've been saying for years that most women go apeshit planning the wedding and don't bother thinking about the marriage or relationship. My first marriage was in the Smokey Mountains (the Vegas of the East), it cost under $150 (with gas). Granted, we got divorced 7 years later, but if I were to do it again, I'd go low key again. I'm not the expensive dress, huge hall, tons of guest, fancy wedding kind of gal. I actually have a wedding dress in case Kev and I decide to go for it and get married one day. It's just a dress that is a little fancier than I'd normally wear that I thought was pretty. And I got it on eBay for about $20. No "Bridezilla" here!
Oh punk rock, it's like you never left rock'n'roll high school.
mommagriz

Next

Return to daghouse