so blink 182's "California" is...

so blink 182's "California" is...

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:49 pm

the #1 album in the country knocking off DRAKE.

Yeah, unpopular thread time, but anyways, I gave up on BLINK a while back, but I couldn't help but be curious since Matt Skiba joined them and I love ALK3. So having a slacker account, the album was there for me to listen to. while nothing is groundbreaking here, it still sounds like "ennema" or "take off your pants" era BLINK. I liked "Los Angeles" which would pass for an ALKALINE song. "San Diego" was catchy too.

sorry to waste everybody's time on this thread, but felt the need to discuss.
^v^
WrEtcH

Re: so blink 182's "California" is...

Postby aquaman » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:31 pm

The beauty of Spotify...I though "give it a listen"...and made it through 40 seconds as soon as it went BOOPBAHBOOPBAH (zzzzzzzzzzzz)...on the flip I actually made it through the whole RHCP album, never need to hear it again now.
aquaman

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

aquaman wrote:The beauty of Spotify...I though "give it a listen"...and made it through 40 seconds as soon as it went BOOPBAHBOOPBAH (zzzzzzzzzzzz)...on the flip I actually made it through the whole RHCP album, never need to hear it again now.

yeah, I feel guilty at times owning a streaming account because artists don't get compensated properly, but it's a necessary means. it does help to decide which albums I really want to buy. I still do believe in owning a physical copy of my fave albums/bands.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby scannest » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

For a band of supposedly immature jag-offs, "Shut Up" and " Stay Together for the Kids" are both excellent songs about families falling apart. Perhaps it was the timing, but "Shut Up" in particular spoke pretty deeply to me when I was going through my divorce in 2001.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised. When I first heard Bored to Death I was unimpressed so I had low expectations. The album is solid. It reminds me of what the album after TOYPAJ should've sounded like instead of the self titled.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby sonofa » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:09 pm

It is streaming on Amazon prime, not to bad. Have been listening to it in the car :mrgreen:
sonofa

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:23 pm

scannest wrote:For a band of supposedly immature jag-offs, "Shut Up" and " Stay Together for the Kids" are both excellent songs about families falling apart. Perhaps it was the timing, but "Shut Up" in particular spoke pretty deeply to me when I was going through my divorce in 2001.

wow, that's actually pretty deep.

as mentioned earlier, I like "Los Angeles" and "San Diego," I kinda have this weird appreciations of city themed songs.

I mentioned that I liked "San Diego" because it was catchy and gave me warm feelings about being there before, but finding out more, the song was written by Mark about Tom. Quite interesting that it's about growing together and not being able to go back to the past.

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/06/blink-182-ca ... y-track#13

more stuff here too

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby Gary » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:44 pm

So is this kinda like the Axl/DC of pop punk?
Gary

Postby WrEtcH » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Gary wrote:So is this kinda like the Axl/DC of pop punk?

More like the Van Hagar lol
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby Knutsen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 am

Travis Barker also playing with Antemasque?
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Return to daghouse