Denver Riot Fest

Denver Riot Fest

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am

Feel free to discuss how great it was.....
I'll be the first to say Superchunk, PE, Iggy, RFTC, Against Me, The Replacements and FLAG were criminally good. Best I've seen FLAG so far, even though the rain made authorities stop their set halfway through. They were so fierce! I really had a great time. So happy I went.
Chris Shary

Re: Denver Riot Fest

Postby matt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:09 am

I fucking hate festivals. That being said, I had a really good time. I agree with Chris on all the bands he listed (though I didn't really pay that much attention to Against Me). Naked Raygun was a bit of a letdown for me, but FLAG more than made up for it. I'm still pretty bummed that the weather caused us to only get half a set, but the half we got was insane. So, so good. I hadn't seen Rocket since their farewell show in San Diego, and they completely tore it up.

I also got to hang out with Chris Shary, Brian Baker, Marc Maxey, and even Anthony for a little bit. That was a nice bonus. I posted two albums worth of pictures on my Facebook (that add up to about 2 of Chris', in terms of quality).

The festival wasn't perfect, and the weather on Sunday threw everyone for a loop, but overall, I think the promoters did a pretty good job and I hope it comes back next year.
matt
Site Admin

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks for the photo compliment Matt. Really fun being stranded with you! I have a lot more photos I'll be posting soon. I could easily put up over a dozen of Chuck Dukowski alone. Chuck dancing on the FLAG stage while Public Enemy were playing was too good to not get pictures of. Had a really great talk with Brian Baker as well. Always nice seeing him.
Chris Shary

Postby Pffft » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:18 pm

If they do it again... Please not so far away. It was a reasonable distance from Denver I guess. But holy cow it was a long drive from here. Also, the surprise $15 parking fee per day was a bit much above the already costly everything else.

Rocket was fucking awesome. Superchunk too.. I didn't see much else.
Pffft

Return to daghouse